The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Paralives Discussion What is it about Paralives that caught your eye? How did you hear about it?

• What is it about Paralives that caught your eye? How did you hear about it?

• Kaitlyn

Rising Hubkin
    March 28, 2020 at 7:34 pm
    Picture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

Maybe you’ve been a fan of the life simulation genre and played similar games such as The Sims for years, or maybe this is the first you’ve heard of the genre and are super excited about it! What exactly is it about Paralives that drew you in or caught your eye? And how did you discover Paralives?

• Kaitlyn

Rising Hubkin
    March 28, 2020 at 7:41 pm
    Picture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

To answer my own question (lol), I first heard of Paralives through YouTube. I watch a lot of gamers who play The Sims, and several of them were talking about Paralives. Of course it caught my eye because there aren’t many life simulation games out there that have measured up. I like the fact that we will have a color wheel; curved walls and pools; cats, dogs, and horses; and house boats ALL AT LAUNCH! And of course the fact that (say it with me) BABIES WILL NOT BE OBJECTS! 😀

• Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    March 28, 2020 at 10:39 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I read an interview in August ,I think it was by GameInformer, and it totally sold me, even at that early stage. I mostly build in Sims and the building features just looked so much better.

• amandac

Star Hubkin
    March 29, 2020 at 10:35 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I don’t remember where I read about it – it might have been in The Sims Forum. I remember liking the fact that it would be a new simulation game not created by EA (I had been hoping/waiting for someone to step up). I didn’t know what “indie” meant so I had to ask my family. The more I read about the game, the more I fell in love with it. The one thing that is very important to me was mentioned at the very beginning and I have been a fan ever since – a truly offline game. The graphics at that time didn’t bother me because I knew they would get better with time. I am eagerly waiting it’s release.

• Breedmond

Moderator March 29, 2020 at 1:07 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I found it pretty much right away when it was announced. I am always looking for new simulation games. I always hoped to find a game like Sims but without luck. Until Paralives popped up.

• crabwhatalad

Star Hubkin
    March 29, 2020 at 3:59 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond EggFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I first heard about Paralives from YouTube. I was watching one of my favourite simmer’s videos. As soon as I saw the clips I was mesmerised but a little skeptical. Was it too good to be true? But as I headed onto Alex’s Twitter and saw his reply’s and honest updates I knew this game was going to turn out well. I’m so excited for the eventual release date, however far in the future it may be.

• MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    March 29, 2020 at 6:30 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

don’t remember how I found out about it.. but when I was seeing videos- I noticed that early video had above-grounds pools. Sims had never had above ground pools

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    March 29, 2020 at 7:33 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

At this point, I don’t even remember how or where I first heard about Paralives. It was probably on Youtube. But what attracted me to it was the fact that the creator said this was a game by and for the community and I saw that he’d made a discord for fans to share ideas for the game. That to me is what I like to see from game developers. Community feedback and interaction. I’ve played other life simulators before, but Paralives looks like it’ll have way more depth and control than other games I’ve seen, so I’m very excited for it.

• Kaylin

Seasoned Hubkin
    March 29, 2020 at 8:19 pm
    Friendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgePicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

An article popped up on my search bar under google so I read it and searched for all the information I could find. I have been playing the sims since I was a kid so naturally when a new life simulator popped up I was all for it. I love all the customization features and the building is very unique. I’m really rooting for Alex and his team to blow this on out of the water. Especially since the sims series has gone down hill and their goals have not matched my personal preferences of a life simulator.

• justarandomgamer300

Pro Hubkin
    March 30, 2020 at 12:54 pm
    Appreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I founded Paralives by accident; I was looking up a game on facebook called Boyfriend Dungeon I accidentally clicked on Alex’s page and it took me to Paralives. I noticed some things remind me of the Sims. I began reading more about it and I was like “Hey this is cool,” I ended up following Alex on facebook and the rest is history. Bob Ross was right about accidents.
    EDIT: I remove the sims part

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now