The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Weight + Capacity System

• Weight + Capacity System

NHFoodie updated 1 year, 4 months ago 5Members · 7 Posts
  • Kura

August 28, 2019 at 10:12 pm
     Hub Points

I think that there should be a type of “Weight + Capcity System” I find this hard to explain, so I’ll give an example.
    Let’s say we have a bag, and it has a total capacity of “10.” Now let’s say we have different food items.
    Cucumbers – A weight of 1 each.
    Sandwiches – A weight of 2 each.
    Clothes – A weight of 4 each.
    Let’s say we have, 1 piece of clothing, 2 sandwiches, and 2 cucumbers. That would be 10. So the bag could fit all of those items. If it were to try to fit in another sandwich, it wouldn’t be able to as it would be too much to hold.

I think this would add some realism to the game, as we could apply this to the paras, and they could have a capacity of like… 5 to say, and they could hold a few items, unlike how in the sims, sims can hold a bunch of items in their inventory.

-Kurakat
    (I am also Kurakat#2493 on discord if you’d like to talk to me!)

+1
  • gamedomino

Star Hubkin
    August 29, 2019 at 3:18 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

Great post, I agree with the idea but I think this belongs at General Ideas and not General Discussions (technically both fit but General Ideas fits way more and would make more sense) but its your choice.

deleted this part due to JP changing the topic to General Ideas and correcting the spelling error.

I believe this is a great idea, however I believe the “storage” could be a bit more light-weight, like I believe that one piece of food should just be 1 storage, but a sandwich should just be one as well, also I believe clothing should be 2, not four, however I’m sure if alex made this feature, he would balance it somehow.

• JP

Admin August 29, 2019 at 7:01 am
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

I moved to the correct forum and corrected the spelling for you ?

• Kura

August 30, 2019 at 12:40 am
       Hub Points

Thanks Jp! The forums are kinda confusing heh

I agree with you domino, I didn’t think that those would be the actual weights- I was just giving a quick example for my ideas, but thank you for saying that just to clear it up! ^^

• magnus87

August 31, 2019 at 8:32 pm
     Hub Points

I always liked the idea that there is a calorie system, where you can create meals for all kinds of characters.

If you go to the beach, it is best to prepare a fresh, low calorie meal. For example a salad or a sandwich

While if you go to a place covered with snow, the best is a meal with many calories, to protect you from the cold.
    For example a chocolate bar, soup, a good piece of meat

+2
  • JP

Admin September 1, 2019 at 11:14 am
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

Absolutely agree. It should matter what the Paras eat and should effect not only their weight, but certain aspects like energy and performance. 😀

• NHFoodie

Moderator September 13, 2019 at 1:15 am
    Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation Badge
     Hub Points

I really like these ideas. It can so easily tie into a health system where paras can choose to do things that benefit or take away from their health, as well as possible careers like being a Registered Dietitian or a yoga teacher or other health/medicine-related jobs.

+2

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now