Weather should have big events (ei: hurricanes, snowstorms, hail), but they should be relatively rare.
– Rainstorms: Not everything will be classified as rainstorms, ofc. There will be different specifications, like “Drizzle,” “Rainstorm,” and “Thunderstorm.” Your young Parafolk can create mudpies/mudcakes, play in the mud, and jump in puddles (it would be cool if Parafolk who had a childish trait still had these options as they grow older). If there is a thunderstorm, your Parafolk who wander outside have the chance to be hit by lightning. In most cases, your Parafolk will die from the electrocution. In some cases if they pass out/survive, they can get a confident, tense, scared mood. If they are holding an umbrella, the umbrella is hit by the lightning instead.
– Flooding: This can possibly happen to a Para’s house if they live on level ground or underground. I can see this as being difficult to implement, and somewhat useless to gameplay, but an interesting obstacle for your Parafolk to overcome. Parafolk with houses on the level or underground can take extra precautions to avoid flooding (installing drains outside, reinforcing water pipes, etc).
– Snow: Depending on the temperature outside, snow will or will not melt. It can be continuously be built onto if it continues to snow. There can be different conditions, like “Flurry,” “Snow,” and “Snowstorm.” Your Parafolk can shovel snow out of the driveway or can build Snow-Paras, throw snowballs (this action shouldn’t be as boring as it is in Sims 4, there should be some flesh to it hopefully), and go sledding if there’s a hill nearby.
– Hail: This can be a rare event, that only happens when it is humid and has rained a day or two beforehand. Of course, your Para can be hurt by hail, but not extensively. If they’re outside for a short amount of time, they may get a tense mood because they were hit by the hail. Hail can damage car windows (and maybe some other things, but this is the only object that came to mind). If a Para is holding an umbrella outside, there is a rare chance the hail will rip through the umbrella.
– Umbrellas: These can come into aid when it is sunny, rainy, snowy, basically any weather. It would be cool if there was an option to customize our Para’s umbrellas, like choosing their colors and patterns, and maybe adding tiny pictures like hearts or cats to them? Also, when a Para’s umbrella breaks, they can recycle it, mend it, or buy new parts for it. If this is too complicated, you can just pay to get the entire thing replaced.
– Animals: Wild animals with coats affected by weather will also change with the seasons. For example: Hares/rabbits, foxes, and deer become white in winter and brown or red during the warmer seasons.
– Plants: Specific plants bloom each season, maybe snowbells grow during the winter and sunflowers during the summer.
- This discussion was modified 3 years ago by killmeknow.