The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Weather Events/Hazards?

• Weather Events/Hazards?

• Andrew

September 20, 2019 at 9:24 pm
     Hub Points

**not sure if correct thread, can move to another thread if need be*

Thrilled to hear that weather will be in base game! but was wondering if people would like the idea of weather having more of an impact on game-play than it did in sims 4, where at most your character got hit by lightning, ran inside if it was cold or raining, or affected crop cycles (which is still a good idea). maybe have it so if lightning strikes near your house your power could go out for an x amount of time. or if it rains during cold season has a chance to trigger a hail event. maybe your car gets damaged? window breaks? maybe any unfortunate para-folk caught outside gets temporally knocked out.

Or maybe some spontaneous combustion of an outdoor object during a heatwave? or something lighter like perhaps a greater need to stay hydrated in an effort to prevent unwanted symptoms?
    just throwing some ideas out there.

not necessarily tornadoes or earthquakes here (unless your into that sorta stuff) but just some random events that come with your usual hot/cot/rain weather.

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Andrew.
    3+
  • Paralives Hub (JP)

Admin September 20, 2019 at 9:52 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

Many people have suggested things like flooding, earthquakes etc but they would be difficult to implement, maybe.

I like your ideas of weather having more of an impact on everyday life, especially the random chances of things going wrong, it would add challenge and surprise to the game. 🙂

1+
  • Kisica

September 20, 2019 at 9:58 pm
     Hub Points

I think having snow and rain in the base game would be more than enough

2+
  • lisa

September 24, 2019 at 5:08 pm
     Hub Points

The weather is so important and it can really make the gameplay more fun

2+
  • skyler

High Hubkin
    September 24, 2019 at 8:52 pm
    Appreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I would love this. Maybe checking the weather app on your phone or on television is normal most days but their could be a 5% change that month for inclement weather. Maybe a huge thunderstorm, a hailstorm or a blizzard depending on the season you have to prepare for.

You’d have to go out and purchase groceries, flashlights, candles or firewood – maybe your power will be knocked out or you get snowed in. This would add so much depth and adventure to the game without resorting to adding RPG elements to it.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  skyler.
    4+
  • NHFoodie

Moderator September 25, 2019 at 9:31 pm
    Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation Badge
     Hub Points

I’m always impressed by the creativity of the players of simulation games. Reading all these threads just reminds me how much of chance and the little “mundane” things that make up regular life are missing from simulation games. Stocking up before a snow storm or even little things like patting a family member on the shoulder who’s sitting in a chair without having it be a whole thing with weird routing and a face-to-face conversation. This community is awesome!

2+
  • PlyPlay665

High Hubkin
    September 25, 2019 at 10:10 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

These extra weather events and stuff sound like the perfect idea for a DLC! Based on my experience being pretty involved in the Simming community for 12 years now, I have a feeling this type of stuff could be a bit polarizing in terms of who likes them and who doesn’t. I think while basic weather itself should be free (ie. snow, hail, rain, etc), natural disasters and the type of things (like power outages and flooding) would be a perfect optional thing people could pay for. That way Alex (and whomever joins the team) can be paid for their work, and the players get what they want.

5+
    • NHFoodie

Moderator September 25, 2019 at 10:25 pm
      Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation Badge
       Hub Points

Hmmm maybe for very extreme things but I feel like power outages because of bad weather are pretty normal in lots of places and aren’t especially “disastrous”. Certainly things like severe flooding, hurricanes, tornados, etc would be more of a preference for that type of gameplay.

1+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close