The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation We all have big ideas, why won't share the small ones aswell? (Details)

• We all have big ideas, why won't share the small ones aswell? (Details)

Jinxin updated 7 months, 2 weeks ago 12 Members · 16 Posts
  • ThatAngel

September 26, 2019 at 1:53 pm
    Picture Perfect
     Hub Points

I’m not sure if I’m correct, but most of the suggestions I’ve read on discord and the parabook, the suggestions have always been focusing on the bigger picture. Big elements such as a color wheel, hella tons of building items/elements, better AI, etc.

But what I think is important, is that to every foundation, it’s shape and form there are details, details that make said foundation feel alive, more organic. And I believe that Paralives could be full of details that show the care and love poured in it.
    Unless I forgot some of these, here’s my list of details.

– Weather affected clothing, such as snow and rain, the effect can be passed onto paras aswell.

– Body language (could differ per a paras persona).

– Weather aftermath, buildings could show water pouring from the roof and signs of previous rainstorms, i.e wet windows, puddles on the lot, wet paths, mud, etc.

– Small, almost unnoticeable slight movements in para animations, example? When studying, there’s a chance that a para could be clicking a pen a couple of times if they seem to struggle with homework, or they’re just bored.

– Paras could give other paras a look without full-on interacting with them, depending on their relationship, they could be looking deep into their eyes (if romantic) or glare at each other with disgust (if tense).

– A paras appearance can be affected if done or haven’t done certain tasks, for example, a paras face can show bits of food if the para in question is a sloppy eater. Teeth can also get yellow if didn’t they haven’t brushed teeth for a while.

My list may be short, so if you have any ideas for small details reply here!

• This discussion was modified 1 year ago by  ThatAngel.
    13+
  • PlyPlay665

High Hubkin
    September 26, 2019 at 4:16 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I really like the small details in animation. For example:

-Pawns in a game of chess accurately moving for each move.
    -Grabbing pans and other cooking utensils from the cabinet while cooking.
    -Clocks that tell the correct time.
    -Animations to open/close windows (it would be cool if you could auto open/close or also have the parafolk do it manually, similar to how turning on/off radios and tvs work in Sims 3). Same for lamps?

Some other ‘small’ features that would be cool imo:
    -Being able to indefinitely carry objects and set them down on specific surfaces (ie. a magazine, a tablet, book, etc); while also being able to cancel the action to just immediately set down the object if you’re in a rush/don’t care.
    -Being able to have different kinds of cell phones or at least colors (whether or not cell phones are automatic)
    -Predetermined swatches for objects where the wood matches all other wood (no 10 different types of light wood), while having an extra button to make it unique. For those who don’t love spending a ton of time building but also allowing customization for those who do.
    -Choosing which way a door open/closes (not both ways). Being able to keep a door open/closed when desired.
    -Being able to take shoes off of any outfit instead of wearing them at all times. Option to have parafolk automatically take shoes off when inside.

9+
  • Paralives Hub (JP)

Admin September 27, 2019 at 8:28 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

Nice thread idea!

I would like to see little human quirks in the characters’ behaviour. Such as:

• The option to simply lean back on the sofa, put their feet up while watching tv
    • Using their phones while lying in or on the bed
    • Using a laptop on the sofa
    • Drinking a coffee while working on the computer

You get the idea. 🙂

6+
  • tima

Noteworthy Newcomer
    September 28, 2019 at 1:59 am
    Diamond EggFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I don’t like the disappearing thing from a game I’m sure we’re all familiar with because it disregards these little details that really enhance gameplay.

I’d love if they actually walk INTO vehicles not disappear and reappear in them, pick up and sit on their bike before riding it, opening and closing the car door before driving, opening doors from the handle/knob before walking into places (even rabbit holes).

Little physics here and there as well like clothes and hair moving with the wind, or a splash coming from parafolks walking in the rain or just for every aspect of the environment they are within to be interacted with like, they can touch the wall if they wanted to or lean on a stool. I might be going overboard but you get the idea.

7+
  • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    September 28, 2019 at 4:43 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

Hair being effected by weather curly hair could become ‘poofy’ maybe straight hair could become wavy or look more weighed down
    When writing you’d see animation of actual words filling up the page.
    Turning on and turning off lights by using the switches on walls.
    When guests come over you could check the peep hole in the door and be able to answer the door or ignore the person on the other side.
    When pouring food or drinks into dinnerware it’d gradually build up.
    Hair physics that allow the mobility when there is weather,when dancing,and if they’re being active.
    Being able to carry more than one object like books for example.
    When they get messages on the phone or talking on the phone their facial expressions could change throughout the conversation depending on the topics discussed. To add to that being able to control the topics during a phone call and through text just like you would interacting face to face.
    See sheen or water droplets on faces when they workout or if its hot outside.
    Containers with liquid in them would gradually decreased when multiple people take/eat from it. Like wine bottles or coffee pots,water glass, or even coffee they get from a coffee shop.
    Fidgeting if they’re waiting somewhere
    Paras having different eating styles; more proper,messy,fast eaters,slow eaters,picky eaters (those who’d just push food around the plate then would be ‘full’).
    If physics are to be had in the game maybe friends could do each others hair/or brush it and parents could brush their children’s hair.
    Being able to read bedtime stories to children while the parents lay beside them or sit on the bedside reading to them
    Water bottles can be carried around or carried in inventory and could be filled up because it’d help keep the hungry need down for when their need is really low.
    Paras having an animation for putting on their coat or shoes and being able to help others put on their coat
    Paras holding doors open for others (especially couples)
    Pulling out chairs for another para and then sit down afterwards.
    Parents or siblings holding hands with toddlers and children when they’re walking around town

I know this list is long and may be farfetched but this is just some ideas i had

4+
  • Zombunnies

October 11, 2019 at 7:23 pm
     Hub Points

Well, if we ARE talking small.

I want cell phone covers and charms.
    The ability to multitask. Like reading. It’d be cool if you could read and bathe, or read and eat.
    A functional alarm clock (that effects everyone in the room)
    Hiccups
    Headphones, so your para could listen to tunes without bothering anyone. Or even to get that extra shot of energy from jogging with wireless earbuds
    Occasional rainbows after a storm
    Rare shooting stars in the night sky
    Paras putting their hoodies up in bad weather, or umbrellas if they have any
    While I’m at it. Umbrellas in different styles and colors.

10+
  • cubicpoison

October 12, 2019 at 6:25 am
     Hub Points

I’d love to see some more small details & animations to give the sims more personality. (think TS2)
    For example, a child with a high relationship with their parent would run out to greet them after they come home from work

9+
  • A7

Humble Hubkin
    November 9, 2019 at 4:15 am
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I would love to be able to drive around in cars. Maybe you can add carseats and interior details too!

5+
  • Lexi

November 25, 2019 at 6:46 pm
    Appreciation Badge
     Hub Points

I don’t know if anyone has brought this up but it would be cool if parafolks had other bills like house insurance, life insurance, car insurance, etc. I think it would be a really cool feature rather than just having one bill every week or so like in the Sims.

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by  Lexi.
    5+
  • A7

Humble Hubkin
    November 25, 2019 at 8:40 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I think that having the time that it takes to complete the action should be next to the action (maybe in parenthesis). I have mods in The Sims 4 and they really causes the sims to show down as well as giving it saving/loading issues. I don’t think I will need mods/cc with how great Paralives is looking, but just as far as timing goes so they won’t be late and so you can plan out the day if needed.

4+
  • amandac

Star Hubkin
    December 7, 2019 at 2:13 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

Oh, I like the little things:
    – A parafolk greeting/saying goodbye to their significant other with a kiss (unless they’re angry at each other)
    – Family/friends/children being affected when a couple has a fight/argument
    – Different ways to propose/break up/make up
    – Guests congratulating the birthday para/wedding couple/etc.
    – Toasting (standing, sitting)
    – Cuddling in bed/sofa
    – Dancing together (as opposed to at the same time; slow/salsa/line dancing)

2+
  • Zack The Great

Noteworthy Newcomer
    February 13, 2020 at 6:47 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I think that Paralives will be mostly detail-focused just based on all the stuff we’ve seen (color wheel, ability to turn table lamps into floor lamps, ability to change textures, etc.), so I’m really glad this thread exists. The game will probably revolve around things like this.

For me one of the small things I’d be really excited for is evolving interactions. We already know Alex is trying to make procedural animations a thing in Paralives. If this is successful, it would be really neat to see things like a hug interaction become more and more full or even romantic based on their relationship levels. Other things such as passing greeting evolving to be from passive like a small wave or nod, to something more animated and excited.

4+
  • Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    February 13, 2020 at 4:40 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

[quote quote=6957]For me one of the small things I’d be really excited for is evolving interactions. We already know Alex is trying to make procedural animations a thing in Paralives. If this is successful, it would be really neat to see things like a hug interaction become more and more full or even romantic based on their relationship levels. Other things such as passing greeting evolving to be from passive like a small wave or nod, to something more animated and excited.[/quote]
    Totally! What about awkward Paras starting out with really awkward and uncomfortable interactions, which gradually get more comfortable as they become better friends.

3+
  • Zack The Great

Noteworthy Newcomer
    February 13, 2020 at 7:36 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=6969]
    Totally! What about awkward Paras starting out with really awkward and uncomfortable interactions, which gradually get more comfortable as they become better friends.[/quote]

I would love this! This would make fun playthroughs of two young parafolk falling in love awkwardly. The thing I really didn’t like in Sims 4 was that the embarrassed state fed failure and was super one dimensional. I would love for something like this to help flesh out the complexity of emotions and perhaps even the idea of a micro-emotion: an emotion that doesn’t exist per-say in terms of mechanics but one that exists only in the moment to moment interaction, as a result of larger systems such as personality and relationship level interacting.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  Zack The Great. Reason: Removing accidental double qoute
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  Zack The Great. Reason: Attempt to fix qoute formating attempt 2
    4+
  • Deadnoise

Noteworthy Newcomer
    March 7, 2020 at 9:39 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation Badge
     Hub Points

One thing i really whant to see is more fluid movements and interactions from the parafolks. In most of the sims games, when peforming an action, the characters just stand still for a split second before the animation starts, making them look like robots pretending to be humans, and sometimes thats enough to throw me off.

4+
  • Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    March 8, 2020 at 8:17 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7174]In most of the sims games, when performing an action, the characters just stand still for a split second before the animation starts,[/quote]
    Agreed, that’s really off putting

1+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close