The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Vacation

• Vacation

MagaCarter updated 4 months, 3 weeks ago 6 Members · 8 Posts
  • Russell97

Noteworthy Newcomer
    April 19, 2020 at 4:56 am
     Hub Points

Not sure if this has been brought up and I know it would be a lot for the base game, but possibly a good update? I always loved the option to take vacations in other games. For example, you can go to the beach, or the mountains and go camping. Possibly even an option to take a cruise? I know nothing about computers so I’m not sure how easy that would be to put in game.

18+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    April 19, 2020 at 4:25 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I’m hoping for an element of vacation as well, but I’m not sure how they would do it, since they’re only planning to have one town at launch. It might be something they add in a DLC with different locations that can be visited.

9+
  • Breedmond

Moderator April 20, 2020 at 11:58 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I hope that if we get the option to go on vacation in the future it will be realistic in the sense that the Paras can only go if they have accumulated vacation days. Or when there is school vacation. They would be able to plan the trips in advance, get travel insurance, book flights, stay and excursions. They will be excited and look forward to their upcoming trip. And when they go the time at home will not stop. When they return the days at home actually passed.

7+
  • amandac

Star Hubkin
    May 5, 2020 at 10:50 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I love vacations. I hope the para can go with family members/good friends that don’t live in the same house. I like the idea of time going on in their home town as long as I can catch up on everything that has happened in their absence – either through gossip, newspaper, “tweets” or even television (like someone famous getting married).

6+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    June 8, 2020 at 7:41 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I guess since I’m on summer break, I had a couple of thoughts pop into my head for vacations in Paralives. If we end up getting vacations (however they may do it), I hope we’ll have the option to board Paras pets when on vaycay. This might require a building in town which would need to be a boarding facility. Probably some sort of ranch so horses can be boarded as well.

But I would hope for this to be a thing so Paras can take a family vacation for a couple of days, maybe even weeks without their pet being neglected at home, or the player being requried to play someone else to make sure the animal doesn’t starve. Of course, there could also be the option to take the pet on the trip as well, but I think there should also be an option to board them if that isn’t possible for the particular Parafolk family. Like if the vacation is too expensive to take the animal with them, or if the hotels in game could ban pets.

The only reason I could see this not being necessary and wouldn’t mind if it never makes it in game is if we get the option to control pets, so we can just make them take care of themselves while the owners are away on vacation.

3+
  • MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    June 8, 2020 at 10:41 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I had this thought awhile back and made a doc about it and had people edit the doc to add stuff

Theme parks:

• Carousel/Merry-Go-Rounds

• Waltzers

• Ferris Wheel

• Roller Coasters (scarier ones like with the hoops but ones more suited for children)

• Haunted houses

• Dark Rides

• Kiddie rides

• Drop Tower

• Water rides (ie some rides ends in a splash)

• Could be used for school field trips?

• Events or celebrations like festivals

• Careers- Food related, ride operators, retail employees (they could go up to Managers of the entire park), Mascots/ other walk-arounds

• Restaurants- buffet style and servers

• Hotels or Resorts.

• Becoming the owner of the park

• Events like a family gathering, a birthday party, marriage proposals,etc….

• Parades/Fireworks

• Arcades

• Spinning Tea cups

Camps

• tents/cabin/cottage
    • campfire
    • Hiking

• Foods like marshmallows or s’mores

• Could also be used for school field trips? (or for Guiding/Scouts)

• Meeting locals and learning the culture

• Boating/canoeing

• Outdoor Activities- Exploring the woods, Looking at the stars, Fishing, etc..

• swimming in the lake

GLAMPING

• Restaurants/ Cafe

• Main Event Center

• Boats

SUMMER CAMPS

• Camper units? Bunk beds?

• A map of the camp grounds…

• Pranking other cabians/camps?

• Camp counselors having nicknames (instead of seeing their actual name without quotations, you see “Counselor Name”)

• Camp parties

• Bathroom houses

• Camp traditions? Like a whole bonfire where the camp gathers on the first day?

• Color Wars?

• Activities like making dream catchers, friendship bracelets, and lanterns.

• Telling scary stories around the campfire. Making S’mores and roasting marshmallows.

• There could be a cafeteria for the campers.

• A curfew. Campers breaking curfew probably to prank their friends, or to stargaze while everyone else is asleep.

• Summer camp options for older kids

• Counselors could be teens and campers could be children and preteens.

• Camp Ground lore or history- It would be nice to do some world building.

• Skill learning activities

• Arts and crafts and wearable crafts

• CRUISES

• Bars

• Swimming pools

• Restaurants -both buffet and server style

• Guest Rooms

• Stage for entertainers

• Water related activities- Jet skiing, water slides going into the swimming pools,etc…

• Kids activities for family-friendly cruises (ie: Disney).

• Events like a concert, a family gathering, a birthday party, marriage proposals, weddings, a movie night, etc….

• Exploring the ship

• There could be a fitness center with a spa, aerobics classes, etc

• Gym…

• An arcade would be fun for the kids

• Skill activities (ie belly dancing, learning how to cook new dishes, yoga)

• Basket ball hoop/golf tee

• Libraries

CITY RELATED

AIRBNB’s

• Making your own builds with the benefit of getting money if done right

• Going to other’s builds for vacations or for nomad purposes

• Giving reviews to others

• Meeting the owners

• Adding amenities to get a better rating

Hotels

• similar to cruises bars/maybe restaurants and of course rooms

• Ability to build hotels

• Making it possible to use a room template for the rooms located in a hotel, so you can duplicate it easily

• Careers-housekeeping, managers, cooks, bartenders, front desk

• Try to raise the star level through special features and amenities

Museums

• Careers-gift shops , food, desk, coat check in, behind-the-scenes folk (ie Museum Curators)

• volunteers?

• Tours (City and ghost tours)(vampire tours too? Louisiana style)

• maybe the ghost tour leader (?) can wear a cloak and carry a lantern?

Marina

• Boat tours

• Docks

• Aquarium

• Restaurant

• Giftstore

• Aqua Marine museum? (old ships ect.)

Zoo

• Gift shops // souvenirs, little animal plushies

• Being able to pet certain animals and feed them

• Careers-zookeepers, food employees, vets?, zoo owner, animal curator, registrar

• volunteering?

Theatre

• Attending “Broadway” and “Off Broadway” type shows

• Jobs: acting, tech (lights), ushers, food concession, orchestra,

Go to Sporting Events

• Tailgating

• Cheerleaders

• Half time shows

• Sitting in the stands

• Special box seats (can also be gifted through work events)

• Betting on the events

Resorts

• Horse Tracks

• Access to beach

• Depending on the resort could be on island or be a ski one

• lot of hospitality jobs

• golf/mini golf

• Spas

• Able to level up resorts, get them to 5 star

Country Vacation

• Farm-hands on experience with animals?

• Festivals

• Holiday tours

• Championships (veggies/livestock/flowers)

• Homemade products being sold

• Build skills

7+
  • AbeeGayleStinson

High Hubkin
    June 9, 2020 at 2:33 am
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Love your ideas! In addition, Summer Camps are also cool to see for the young parafolk.

Museums and other historical sites may be considered for field trips in schools during the school year.

4+
  • MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    June 9, 2020 at 2:43 am
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I just added them into vactions-due to the fact when my family goes on vaction we sometimes stop at museums

2+

Original Post
    0 of 0 posts June 2018
    Now

New Report

Close