UPDATED: Environment Shapes The Character’s Personality As They Grow
(This is based on the assumption that you guys will include some kind of personality traits / feelings system for the characters.)
I would love to see the characters interacting with their environment and deal with consequences based on actions they take which will derive from the impact of their surroundings.
- example 1: As the characters walks around town, they can wave or wave back to people that they come across or even hold doors for people, which will have an impact on their reputation, this will be especially true if they have a nice personality trait. The npc characters could also hold the doors for your characters.
- example 2: Gas cars or electric cars can be purchased and depending on what kind of car most characters in the town have will impact the environment status in town. So like if most people have electric cars, then the town’s environmental status can be clean. A character should get a chance to advocate for change and influence the townies to purchase electric cars which will heavily impact their reputation and the environment. (if a reputation system is implemented.)
- example 3: Growing up in a poor family/poor living conditions, will make them grow up to be hard working, or maybe even a criminal depending on their personality or something like that.
- example 4: A kid/teen who cares for everyone and gets emotional when someone else gets emotional can develop Empathy and can grow up to be a psychiatrist or a doctor or something like that.
- example 5: Drugs and alcohol can also impact the world around the characters and their life. The politician career can help put a ban on certain types of drugs and alcohol in some of the areas. The player can have an option to turn on or off mature game play content. Please don’t forget about the mature aspects of life simulation. The Sims has embedded this “everything is fine and perfect” notion in our minds over the years by leaving out the flaws which would have gave the sims even more personality. A lot of people would like some dark theme to be implemented in this game so it feels more realistic.
This way the player can get a better attachment to their character growing up instead of the player randomly picking the personality trait for them and will make them feel more realistic as you see your character get shaped based on your decisions on what and who you surround them with. I don’t see a problem with the player picking the traits for them, but it should be an option to pick a trait for them or have them develop it on their own.
This is what I think a life simulator’s focus should be, depth. Please don’t add vampires, ghosts, etc… unless the human part of the game has been fully implemented. Ghosts would be nice, that can add a horror element to the game. Please don’t make this game too cheerful and positive, emotions need to give off those vibes and not just change their status to “angry,” when the character is upset, make them change up their normal routine depending on how they feel.
Also I really hope the game has Day/Night cycle and Seasons/Weather from the start.
Please make this game the new standard for life simulator.
Be sure to leave a like 🙂