A game mechanic that has been missing from… *ahem* games of this genre… is one of unequal relationships. Sometimes you just don’t feel the same about other people. Friendship bars are not always the same in real life. You could consider someone your best friend, but to them you’re just another person they talk to. Or what about crushes? When one person is completely in love with another that has no idea… Why should they have the same relationship score if they don’t feel the same or are completely oblivious of the other person?
Think of the new story lines!
– The annoying friend who’s obsessed with you that you really just don’t want to hang out with… the awkward interactions that could come from that!
– The person who falls in love way too quickly and says “I love you” on the first date.
– The person who has a hard time feeling close to anyone.
– The person everyone pretends to love but secretly hates… A “Two Faced” trait that lets you gossip.
– Gold diggers who make the Para fall in love but don’t feel anything themselves.
– A married couple where one Para does everything and the other Para could care less… or doesn’t love the other anymore.
Why does everything need to be equal?
On December 30th, 2019 @IntroverSim (now deleted) asked about ideas for superheros on twitter. How awesome would it be if you had a secret identity? Someone hates you in real life but is completely obsessed with your secret identity? What if there are online secret identities? Chat up someone online and fall in love, only to find out it’s your Para’s school bully. When identities are revealed, there’s a chance the other person could still hate you and expose your identity, or you both fall in love.
I want OBSESSION too. That unhealthy love some people have for crushes or idols who literally could care less. Not all relationships are even or healthy.
I know this wouldn’t be an easy thing to add, but it would definitely make the Paras feel so alive. They could have opinions and quirks outside of favorites. Sometimes you really don’t just vibe with someone.