Paralives community around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Unplayable Roommates/Tenants

• Unplayable Roommates/Tenants

• kliekie

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 21, 2019 at 12:12 pm
    Diamond Egg
     Hub Points

Buy/ rent a place and share it with non-playable characters.

– If it’s a bought house: You could assign a room as ‘for rent’ and set a price. This can either be long term (roommate) or short term (Airbnb, bed & breakfast).
    – If it’s a rented house: You can only access a few rooms: your own bedroom plus the public areas like kitchen, living room and bathroom. Rooms rented by others are locked.
    – Let us buy/build our own apartment building and rent out all the apartments. It’s your job to maintain all the apartments (plumbing problems, kick out people who don’t pay, clean the public halls, etc.)

The moment a room/area gets a tenant you can’t access it anymore and the game places a shadow over it for privacy.

4+
  • Wed

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 29, 2019 at 5:11 pm
     Hub Points

I’d love this! Imagine not knowing how the roommate will be, but you can also screen them before letting them move in. I really do like playing with apartments and hope they make it into the game.

1+
  • winderhousen

August 23, 2019 at 9:10 pm
     Hub Points

The idea is really cool, but I think that if your become friends or lovers with a tenant or a roommate, then you should be able to enter their room to hang out. Or if you’re enemies with them, you should be able to sneak in or break in in order to prank them or something. Yes, privacy, but realistic gameplay should be considered, too.

2+
  • kliekie

Noteworthy Newcomer
    August 24, 2019 at 8:44 am
    Diamond Egg
     Hub Points

Yes but as long as your playable character is not in the room it should not be visible, like a fog of war on an undiscovered strategy game map. Sure you can still visit the room, just not surveillance it 24/7.

2+
  • Kisica

September 20, 2019 at 10:52 pm
     Hub Points

That would be awesome

• Pinstar

September 21, 2019 at 1:02 am
     Hub Points

I’m a big fan of this. Limiting your ability to directly act, but still having your actions impact the environment is key to giving the game some depth.

Of course, that would mean you’d need a tougher financial system in place to incentivize the need for roomates, else they would be relegated to the realm of the self-imposed challenge. That isn’t, by itself a bad thing, but it would be nice to have living expenses have teeth and roommates being one *possible* solution to mitigate the sting of bills.

• Shaybs

Noteworthy Newcomer
    November 23, 2019 at 6:57 pm
    Appreciation BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I love this idea and I think it would be hysterical! You could set the house rules with the roommate(s) and wanna see what options would be to react or kick someone out. Also… if you were to come home to a party or something crazy. That would be hilarious! Roommates can be crazy, I wanna know what might happen!

1+
  • Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    November 23, 2019 at 9:51 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I’ve always wanted the ability to have short-term roommates in the sims and run a hotel, I hope this option is available in Paralives.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close