The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Unconventional living : Travel paras, paras building their own home

• Unconventional living : Travel paras, paras building their own home

skyler updated 9 months, 3 weeks ago 5 Members · 7 Posts
  • Sana

Noteworthy Newcomer
    January 25, 2020 at 10:59 am
     Hub Points

I like all that is unconventional as life-style of people not really settled down for good somewhere. I think of nomads (even modern ones), travel people, or those keen on eco-living near or inside a forest or away from big towns.

It could be a true “plus” to see paras actually building their own homes (tiny houses or such) with eco material. This might certainly require specific animations.

In Sims 2 at least some caravans or carts are semi-functional or only objects and I always wanted to actually Sims travelling from one place to another, on the road or taking an itinerary in the forest or the fields.

I hope that you get more or less the general idea. It’s not easy to explain all in English. It’d be a mix of community (but not really as in the Sims with shop, etc.), family or tribe life or modern hippie life (and why not, with no school for children, for example).

Perhaps this could be a specific pack for Paralives with other settings, for some objects being also actually functional and not deco like in the Sims.

8+
  • Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    January 25, 2020 at 2:25 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

We’re confirmed to have houseboats already, so having other forms of travelling accommodation would be really cool! I’d love to see things like caravans, portable buildings, tents etc.

6+
  • Sana

Noteworthy Newcomer
    January 25, 2020 at 8:03 pm
     Hub Points

If Paralives could actually take in account some sort of eco-living, with the character living out of the urban social success standards, it would be an enormous plus in my opinion. I forgot about the boathouses. But I also think of cave houses, unusuals places and some Para people being hermits or in some way “banned” from society.

4+
  • Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    January 25, 2020 at 9:31 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

[quote quote=6742]But I also think of cave houses, unusuals places and some Para people being hermit[/quote]

Yes this would be so good! I really like the idea of cave living, although I’d imagine we’d need a really good terrain tool for that.

4+
  • Breedmond

Moderator January 28, 2020 at 8:53 pm
     Hub Points

Not exactly the same, but related and therefore does not deserve a completely new post is the possibility to live in multiple houses at the same time. Not moving from one house to the other or owning a vacation home like in The Sims, but having the choice to sleep at one house one day and at another house the other day. This would be good for Para children with divorced parents who share custody for example.

1+
  • amandac

Star Hubkin
    January 29, 2020 at 10:48 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I like the idea of having children of single/divorced parents spend every other weekend with the other parent. The non-played para could show up Friday night and pick up the children and not return them until Sunday afternoon. Or, if you’re playing the para that doesn’t live with the children, there would be a notification letting you know it’s your turn to pick up the kids and if you don’t pick them up (a few times) you’d lose your weekend privileges.

2+
  • skyler

High Hubkin
    February 6, 2020 at 11:05 pm
    Appreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

It would be awesome if we had the option to be homeless, with no “home” lot to start with. It would make for good challenges like a “rags to riches” story. Everything would have to be earned and created from the ground up. You’d sleep in parks, maybe fish for your own food in a local lake, have camp/bin fires to stay warm at night.

It would be a great way to tell a story for a runaway teen or a person who used to be rich but lost everything. It would be something pretty realistic.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close