The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Types of Playable Careeers and Making playable careers

• Types of Playable Careeers and Making playable careers

reilly updated 1 year, 5 months ago 22 Members · 29 Posts
  • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    February 22, 2020 at 8:11 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

There’s been a lot of talk about careers over the last couple of days. But to be specific, if playable careers are possible what kind would everyone want to see?

What if there was a type of program like the CAW where you could mod any career to be playable? But in order for it to be playable it would have to require paras to do tasks or make something. I’m not sure how it’d work it’s just an idea that popped up in my head, but was thinking there could be a preset list of features players could pick from, which would include and would allow you to set the following:

Career name and sub jobs
    Tasks/duties/products can be made and implemented
    Days/Times of operations
    The number of paras
    Number of points/skills it takes to reach a promotion
    Set skills that would increase para’s skills setting it per object/item

Careers I hope for for:

Making your own magazine/newspaper company
    -hire writers,photographer,models,
    -magazines/newspapers becoming an additional object paras read that builds skill
    -make different topics of magazines/newspapers

Detective/Lawyer
    -live court cases with jury and judge in courtroom

Fashion designer
    -make runway shows and pick venue
    -create a clothing line
    -hire models

Update Ideas

I originally had this as a reply to but thought to add it as a part of the post as well
    I think it’d be cool if some of the careers could have more challenges, we could set the setting on how careers would work such as:

add more work related scenarios (like scenarios we have to play through by asking and answering a series of questions not too many but enough to make it interesting. Which would be great for actor musician careers, it could lead into interact with fans or invite fans on stage or something along those lines.)

Task based where you’d click a series of task to do around the office you have to complete before the day is finished.

Autonomous the para does their job their way

Or performance based
    mini games within a career especially if it something engineer related it could be one of those puzzles with circuits or pipes we have to solve in 1 min or a matching game or some sort.

You’d have to click at least two or three options, or have it all mixed it up randomly each day. There could also be the option of opting out of this as well.

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  cakeefeatured.
    • This discussion was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  cakeefeatured.
  • Breedmond

Moderator February 23, 2020 at 12:15 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I love that idea. I would like to see careers that you could also practice from in the home. Like bed and break fast owner, farmer, animal breeder, owner of a homeless shelter. The possibilities are endless if it would be possible to make a career out of any object or activity possible around the home.

• Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    February 23, 2020 at 1:37 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I’m really hoping for the “Create-A-Job” type thing. As for careers I’d like:

Teaching
    – At all levels
    – Can choose style, eg. practical, lecture, interactive etc.
    – For younger years, you can be asked for advice.

Politics
    – Can actually affect the world, e.g lower/increase bills, public transport amount

Hotel/Hostel etc. owner
    – Can rent out rooms and receive ratings based on price, quality etc.
    – Deal with troublesome clients
    – Put out adverts and marketing

Musician
    – Be part of a band or go solo

• madison

Parafolk
    March 2, 2020 at 4:13 pm
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

i second the bed-and-breakfast idea, that sounds like so much fun! and along the lines of homeless shelter, maybe someone who fosters pets or runs an animal shelter? i would love to see object-based or skill-based careers as well. one example i thought of was maybe someone who is really good at growing houseplants could have a nursery and sell their plants, or alternately a gardener with a small greenhouse who could sell their produce at a produce stall in their own yard.

• Lulu

March 20, 2020 at 7:09 am
     Hub Points

i think that it would be cool to have an “influencer” or social media celebrity. there is already something similar in the sims but it’s not very interactive.

• Kaylin

Seasoned Hubkin
    April 11, 2020 at 12:45 am
    Friendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgePicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

pet boarding
    dog walker
    veterinarian

baby sitter

• blankspace

Noteworthy Newcomer
    April 11, 2020 at 1:19 am
    Diamond Egg
     Hub Points

When I played Sims 3 I would always end up doing something other than a job even though I didn’t mean to. Like getting by on gardening. That seemed more engaging than going to work. So something like that?

The most important thing for careers, I think, is that they feel different from each other. So varying hours, skills, etc. But if I could have anything I wanted, & I’m sure someone has said this before, this is my first post here, but each career be playable, but still feel different. And really make choices matter, not just click so many times to get a certain result. Or only have that on one career for variety purposes.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  blankspace.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  blankspace.
  • Soml

Pro Hubkin
    April 11, 2020 at 8:37 pm
    Picture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7095]I love that idea. I would like to see careers that you could also practice from in the home. Like bed and break fast owner, farmer, animal breeder, owner of a homeless shelter. The possibilities are endless if it would be possible to make a career out of any object or activity possible around the home.

[/quote]

??I hope they include this!

• Soml

Pro Hubkin
    April 11, 2020 at 8:46 pm
    Picture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7245]i think that it would be cool to have an “influencer” or social media celebrity. there is already something similar in the sims but it’s not very interactive.

[/quote]

If they do include “influencer” it would be so cute if they added option “meet and greet” lol

• Rosie

Rising Hubkin
    April 12, 2020 at 12:04 am
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation Badge
     Hub Points

I like the idea of being able to sell your own homemade items or produce. It would also be awesome to have the ability of a full fledged farm …. milk the cows/goats, sell the milk, harvest eggs and sell them (or use them to cook), sell crops or use them to cook or supply a restaurant……

• amandac

Star Hubkin
      June 5, 2020 at 10:59 am
      Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
       Hub Points

This would be nice. It would almost be like a mini-game within the game – managing and growing the farm.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now