ParafolkJuly 5, 2020 at 9:44 pmHub Points940
I leave some suggestions of traits that I would like personally.
– Hard laugh.
– Superstitious. (He tries to have positive karma, he fears eclipses, he does not like the full moon and he is scared with horror movies, he believes in aliens).
– Gamer / Geek.
– Hopeless romantic. (Falls deeply in love).
– Coquettish: He loves dating, he falls in love every morning.
– Disaster in love.
– Polyamorous? (I don’t know if it should be a trait but it would be nice to have that probability in some way, to date more people without hurting anyone).
– No interest in love (He doesn’t like being courted and is bad at doing it).
– Pet lover.
– Teetotaler (Alcohol? No thanks).
– Vegetarian / vegan.
– Sentimental (Being very happy or very sad, crying at certain events or watching movies, loves hugging).
– Infantile (She wants to constantly see cartoons, she can jump in bed, play with her food and use toys in the bathtub, she gets more stressed at work but she relaxes more while playing, she loves children and her relationship with them increases faster)
– Clean housekeeper / neat.
– Nervous (He is scared of the dark, the storms, starting a new job, being with unknown people, it costs him a little more to learn the first 2 levels of each skill, he is very careful in what he does so things turn out with a bit of better quality).
– Gardening lover.
– Handyman (Loves plumbing and repairing things).
– Life of the party: He loves going to meetings and events, the dance runs through his veins.
– Smart (Learn skills slightly faster, get more stressed).
– Clumsy (Sometimes things go wrong, he stumbles when he runs, he feels sorry when he tells a joke badly, he wants to learn more skills even when it is more difficult, he makes friends easily).
– Ambitious (You want to stand out, be famous, move up in your profession and earn a lot of money).
– Glamorous? (He looks in the mirror constantly, he does not go unnoticed, he is handsome, he is more successful in romantic relationships, he likes to wear makeup and have spa treatments such as massages and masks, he does not like his friends to see him in his pajamas). I didn’t know what to call this trait haha.
They are free to comment, make other suggestions, share ideas, etc.3+
Star HubkinJuly 6, 2020 at 8:51 amHub Points9811
I like the complexity to some of those and I don’t really think any of them are bad ideas. I like the real ramifications for their lives you detail in the examples. However, some of us have been speculating about a personality system which isn’t purely trait-based. The model I like at the moment is a set of sliders between attributes that affects autonomous behaviour, and also randomly generates a set of talents and interests that you can re-roll. That’s a combination of what I hear from others and my own hopes/ideas. There’s almost no chance Paralives actually does this, it’s so oddly specific, but if I were on the team, that would be what I would push for. The interplay between personality, talents and interests is what appeals to me.7+
Star HubkinJuly 6, 2020 at 4:46 pmHub Points13525
I like a lot of these, though some kind of confuse me. Like, I get why a smart para could learn their skills faster, but I don’t get why they’d become more stressed than a non-smart para. I’m also kind of lost on “smiling” and “hard laugh” and what those entail. Maybe you could explain those a bit?
I guess the thing I’m most confused about on what you mean by “traits”. Some of these do sound like traits a person could have (superstitious), but some sound like hobbies (painter/gamer) and others like lifestyles (vegan/vegitarian). It’s kind of hard for me to make my own suggestions when I’m not sure what your idea is for traits to function in the game. Could you elaborate on this idea?4+
ParafolkJuly 6, 2020 at 5:38 pmHub Points940
Okay, the idea that the smart trait makes you learn faster but stress more is just for balance reasons, you learn faster but you can’t spend the same time in this activity, otherwise it might break the game a bit. and it was the most “adequate” and “natural” balance that occurred to me.
Having traits as a painter or other hobbies, means that you have a trait that helps you perform especially well in this activity, such as generating more masterpieces, having more fun or relaxing doing this hobby, etc. It provides that innate talent that allows you to master and interact differently with the activity.
And the lifestyle I think could also be considered as a trait since adding it can affect things like longevity, get sick less or even make the autonomy of the parafolk consistent by avoiding fishing, eating meat, etc.
and about smiley and laugh out loud was my mistake, I wanted to write: smiley / laugh out loud, when trying to translate I made a mistake.2+
Star HubkinJuly 7, 2020 at 4:01 pmHub Points13525
Okay, I understand a bit better now. That’s a good point, there should be a positive and negative for any trait a Para has and I’m actually hoping this is something we see in the game. I’m still not sure if I’d have hobbies or lifestyles as traits, I feel like that would be better in it’s own seperate section that a Para can grow to have as you play them. But more specific traits such as “good painter” or “abstract paniter” could work nicely. So if someone has painting as a hobby, they can decide if they prefer painting artworks, painting houses, or whatever else.2+
Star HubkinJuly 6, 2020 at 8:14 pmHub Points12955
I like the list you have and the many different attributes that’d contribute to lively paras. Thought, I feel traits should be separated into its own category in the PAM along with talents and hobbies. So we can pick from each list and make well rounded characters and not be limited if traits are to become a thing that is, so there’s more animations for behavior.
Traits (caring,nurturing, disciplined, quiet, narcissistic, quick tempered etc.)
Flaws (messy, heavy sleeper, bossy, unempathetic etc.)
Hobbies (painting, reading, programming, working out, etc.)
- This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by cakeefeatured.
Star HubkinJuly 8, 2020 at 4:46 amHub Points9811
I like this, though I would put “flaws” in the “traits” category so there could be potential for some ambiguous traits that have both good and bad connotations, like introversion or pride.0
Star HubkinJuly 8, 2020 at 5:14 amHub Points12955
Yeah lol I was thinking on leaving it there but my mind instantly went in sims mode with this (which is hard breaking out of lol) where positive traits usually cancelled out negative ones or you’re limited, which i hope isn’t so with paras its one of my main concerns with personalities. Then there’s the problem of negative/and other traits wouldn’t really be seen a lot of it in the game animation/interaction with other paras. But i think having flaws in the game would help paras getting to know each other like “okay so they have a bad habit of this…” lol. sorry for the long winded reply
- This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by cakeefeatured.
Star HubkinJuly 7, 2020 at 4:00 pmHub Points13525
Star HubkinJuly 7, 2020 at 4:48 pmHub Points5660
I don’t think Vegertian/Vegan should be a trait, it and allgeries (to either food or animals) should be either with food diterarty restriction OR just an allgeric reaction to animals2+
NewbieJuly 7, 2020 at 5:27 pmHub Points126
Its a lot to ask but I wouldn’t mind seeing something similar to Crusader Kings 2’s trait system. Its been updated several times over the years but they have traits for many different aspects of your character such as lifestyle, personal combat, etc. They even have religion and cultural specific traits as well.2+
Log in to reply.