The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Trait Points — The solution to trait potency!

• Trait Points — The solution to trait potency!

• Nostice

February 28, 2020 at 11:55 pm
    Friendship Badge
     Hub Points

What if when you start a new Para you got like 10-15 “trait points” that you could put into any trait. The more points you put into a trait the more “potent” the trait will be in gameplay? And you could do things in-game to get more trait points to spend on more skills per-Para.

• PlyPlay665

High Hubkin
    March 2, 2020 at 12:01 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Sounds a lot like a merger between the personality system of TS1/TS2 (points on a scale) and TS3/TS3 (unique traits), which I can definitely get behind!!

• madison

Parafolk
    March 2, 2020 at 3:48 pm
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

i really like the idea of degrees of potency with personailty traits, i think that would help make characters feel more unique – good suggestion! i’m thinking of skills and traits as separate things, though. in my view, it makes sense to level-up skills, but not traits. i do think that it’d be interesting to make traits kind of morphable over-time though, kind of like how humans evolve their way of thinking with age. maybe something like this could be based on repeated behavior by parafolk (is that the correct term?)

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now