Find answers, ask questions, and share ideas with the
Paralives community around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Time Management Calendar/ Action To Do List

• Time Management Calendar/ Action To Do List

Ashes updated 11 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Posts
  • thevioletlily

July 29, 2019 at 9:53 pm
     Hub Points

I was thinking that it would be a good idea to have a way to tell your person to do an action at a specific time in advance. This can be done with a sort of action calendar.

Say you want to go on a date with your significant other at 6 pm on Saturday. You could select the day and put that action in that specific time slot. Your person would then do that action autonomously when the time comes around.

You could also make it possible to have an action repeat every day, or on certain days. Say you want your child to do homework right after school. You could schedule that action at 3:30 pm (or whenever the kid gets home) every weekday. Or say you want your person to do laundry 3 days a week, visit their grandmother’s house for Sunday dinner every week, or maybe even go to the park with their baby every other day. You could schedule those too.

You could even have an option to do something within a specific period of time if all of your person’s needs are met and is idle. Say you want your person to dust (or whatever) on their free time before doing any other activity on Tuesday. You could specify that this could be done at any time between 9 am to 9 pm if your person has all their needs met and is idle. Your person would then choose to do this rather than watch TV or something.

These actions could still be cancelled, of course, and this feature would be completely optional. I think it would make playing a large household a lot easier and take away some of the monotony that this type of game can have.

As a side note, I think it would be nice if you could edit how long an in game hour is compared to a real life minute. Say the vanilla ratio is 1:1. You could change it to 1:3 to make each in game minute last 3 seconds, or you could change it to be 2:1 to make there be 2 in game minutes to every 1 second, or whatever you please. You could even go to extremes if you wish, and make 1 day in the game last 6+ hours irl.

This would allow people to adjust the length of a day to their own liking.

1+
  • Paralives Hub (JP)

Administrator
    July 30, 2019 at 8:41 am
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

I love this idea. Autonomy scheduling, or customising autonomy would be a useful tool for us micro managers!

• Ashes

August 7, 2019 at 4:29 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I’m not sure if it would be added for launch, but it would still be nice to see even as an update. I like the idea of scheduling events or even daily tasks as a routine, and it would help with bigger families also. Being able to change the time for ourselves would also be nice to see, as it hasn’t been done before to give that kind of control to the players themselves. But, even if we get that function, I’d still like to see a way to speed up time separately through the UI/shortcuts without needing to modify the ration game to real life, to speed up actions and such.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close