The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Parafolk Thoughts on Maggie’s Reveal

• Thoughts on Maggie’s Reveal

reilly updated 5 months, 1 week ago 10 Members · 12 Posts
  • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    May 19, 2020 at 7:17 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I was so excited for the reveal video today after seeing photos on Paetrons sneak peek! 🙂

I must say the first thing I noticed was her cool casual stance on the lofts railing, I wonder if they do that after a while of being idle or if they’ll just do it on there own? I also love the natural walk style too!

And hair physics I was so excited to see that when Maggie was rotated and hope it floats over to paras gameplay movements as well. Her eye color looks very natural as well it’s like a sea foam green almost, which I thought was nice. I’d like to been able to see more eye color choices though, and how we could change her face a little bit but i understand this is all still in the very early development stage for these things.

I noticed the change in the gameplays art style on Patron but it seemed to be only noticeable in the photos to me. When the video came out today you could really only tell on some objects and Maggie herself. But, I like that the team is giving us the option to keep the comic-book art style of the game or have the game rendered without it, I personally like the first style in the Maggie’s loft video it just has a certain appeal that gives it its own style and vibe that lets you know this is Paralives.

I really like the fact we can set our own outfit categories and title them whatever we want 🙂 Go to looks will be that more versatile and easily done!

My last thought is on build mode is I liked how the windows contoured the door I don’t know if anyone noticed that or not so I put a photo here of it.

• This discussion was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  cakeefeatured.
    15+
  • Dizzardy

High Hubkin
    May 19, 2020 at 7:26 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Personally I’m very happy with how she looks, I think it’s great for being so early in development too.

Really though I don’t think I was ever going to be that hard to please when it came to how they looked. As long as they’re highly customizable so we can create diverse parafolk I’m happy.

One thing I’m wondering is at the very start she was leaned against the railing with her foot up. I wonder if that’s an idle pose (although how would it be?) or if you can just click on a railing/fence and have your parafolk lean against it?

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  Dizzardy.
    9+
    • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
      May 19, 2020 at 7:45 pm
       Hub Points

Same! It’s so good for it being early development I can’t wait to see more as time progresses 🙂

I was wondering that too if you can click on certain spaces/objects and they’ll be able to casually sit or lean on them, because when the dev clicked on the dresser it gave the option to sit on it

3+
  • skyler

High Hubkin
    May 19, 2020 at 7:54 pm
    Appreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I’m a huge alpha-style fan yet I absolutely LOVE Maggie. She just glows. Her graphics are beautiful, they’re stylized without looking cartoon-y and her hair is the perfect mix of clay/alpha which is sure to please most people. Her skin is a lovely shade of NOT GREY like another game I won’t specifically mention, and I love the detailed freckles on both her face and body. I hope with the steam workshop myself and others can create some alpha skins that can take her realism to the next level.

Also as a vertically challenged person, I honestly can’t wait to create parafolk that look like me AND my friend (I’m 5′ 2″ and she’s 6′ 1″). I’m so happy for the height slider. Everything about the reveal is amazing.

10+
    • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
      May 19, 2020 at 9:09 pm
       Hub Points

I agree I can just imagine alpha skin overlays on para skins though. I liked that it has different undertones to them—-well it appeared so to me to be mainly her chest/collarbone area and her arms which I love it’s reddish but also yellow and browns mixed together

4+
  • Amazing_Star

Pro Hubkin
    May 19, 2020 at 9:21 pm
     Hub Points

I really love her. She is already perfect and just imagine when CCs will be possibility. What I personally love most is those little things like her leg on railing or that she can sit on wardrobe

3+
  • Peanuts

Paraling
    May 19, 2020 at 9:41 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I cannot believe this is the first time I’ve seen this! My sister showed me! I am excited, having been a character maker back in s2 days.

I saw this on youtube, and I LOVE it! The reveal of this Maggie character was lovely and flowing. Her movements weren’t robotic or glitchy. I love how you can adjust her height (being a shorty myself!), and all her clothing–this is what I asked for in a certain game!

I Love the room she was standing in-it was realistic, and I loved the shadows in it-how they glided along the walls! This is so awesome!

I hereby volunteer my services, should you need a character creator!

Love it! Keep up the good work!

5+
  • PlyPlay665

High Hubkin
    May 19, 2020 at 9:49 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

<div>I love her face!!!! It reminds of like really high quality fan art that I’ve seen on sites like Deviant Art and Tumblr… but in it’s in 3D so even better. AND WHAT’S CRAZY is that it’s only going to get better from here! Like if she were the finished product I’d be totally happy but just like other aspects of the graphics we’ve seen this far.. I expect it’s only going to continue to be fine tuned.</div><div>

I personally think she’s the perfect mix of “alpha” (wasn’t familiar of that term until today) and cartoony. But what’s great is that considering the expected CC-friendly nature of the game, it’s a good base for those who want to implement a more alpha style.

</div>

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  PlyPlay665. Reason: repeated myself
    3+
  • MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    May 19, 2020 at 10:15 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

To me Maggie looks simliar to Esmerlda

• amandac

Star Hubkin
    May 20, 2020 at 10:15 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I love that the hair will move like in TS2 but they took it a step further and have the clothes move as well. I love the freckles on the different parts of the body and not having to go into a different screen to “change”. I love that we can customize different parts of the body and height. I wish they would have shown the face as well but I’ve been waiting for this reveal for almost a year – I can wait as long as necessary. I also can’t wait to see the male counterpart. All in all, this is a great jumping-off point and will only get better by the next time we see Maggie. This may be the first game I buy a game at release or even pre-order. I feel like Alex is reading my mind and peeking into my dreams and I say “Welcome and thank you”.

I see she knew we were coming because she picked up her bra and put a desk in that area, LOL.

3+
  • crabwhatalad

Star Hubkin
    May 20, 2020 at 5:43 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond EggFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I love Maggie! I truly think the team have done such an amazing job on her, especially considering it was only 4 people. Now that’s an accomplishment!

I’m super tall, so I’m really happy my para-persona (saw that in a Paralives video comment and love it), can tower over all her friends lmao.

I love the skin depth too! It’s so realistic!

The customisation is insane too and I’m living for it! Can’t wait to see all the cc that people are going to make! I really think the modding community for Paralives is going to thrive, and although I have zero experience, I really want to learn so I can make some really cool extras for the game! Aha me sitting there wondering what alpha Maggie looks like 😂.

I’m really excited to see what the finished parafolk will look like when the game comes out. It’s going to be great to see the evolution of them. I reckon the style really will only get better over time, and I’m super pumped to see Doggo’s makeover 😉.

Love the team, and think they’re doing amazing things! ❤️

2+
  • reilly

Pro Hubkin
    May 21, 2020 at 5:33 am
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeDiamond EggFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I love her but her cat!!! Omg, he is gorgeous! I really like the portraits they’re really cute. I was not expecting such good designs they really blow me away. I was expecting something more simple, but the graphics are so pretty and cartoon I just can’t wait to play the game. I never really noticed how much I liked height sliders until they showed it in-game! As a short girl, I really like that I can make my characters that way. I wonder if the height will be genetic? Also, would height be like a thing you can always change even half-way through a life? I wouldn’t really care, but I wonder if they’ll do something like Sims where you can only change premade sims to a certain extent unless with cheats. Either way, I was completely blown away with parafolk and I also love the font chosen in-game. I hope they keep that.

3+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close