The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation The Distribution of Household Funds

• The Distribution of Household Funds

• Micro

April 22, 2020 at 9:29 pm
     Hub Points

(Hello everyone! Sorry in advance if this topic has been covered on this forum/decided by the developers. I thought it would be fun to discuss!)

One subject that’s been on my mind, since the day I discovered the development of Paralives for myself, has been money. It’s what makes the world go ’round, after all.

In the Sims 4, I always run into the issue of combined household funds when I move young adult sims. When I have a household of teens, young adults, and their parents, how do I keep track of how muchthe moving sim has made for themselves?

Trick question. I don’t, because math is hard. So, either I give them an arbitrary amount and they end up with extra funds out of nowhere, or I eject them from the household and they end up in Sim Limbo with the default amount of funds (20,000+?).

That said… How should Paradimes and household funds work? Should each Paraperson in a household share the same funds, like in the sims, or should their personal funds be attached to an individual?

I like the idea of adult Parafolk having the option to join their funds when they get married, like joint bank accounts. Or, the player could choose to keep them separate.

It would be neat if Parafolk could send each other money too!

Like, I imagine a scenario of a teenager working a part-time job, saving up for dozens of in game days for half the cost of a car, then their parents send them the other half. A young adult could save their own money to move out and rent or buy their own house. A kid could open up their own little lemonade stand to make enough paradimes to buy a new toy.

I personally think that a system like this, while not necessary, would add a lot to RP and make the parafolk feel more like individuals with their own financial goals.

I hope I explained my ideas well. If you’ve read this far, let me know your thoughts!

7+
  • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    April 23, 2020 at 3:22 am
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I don’t know if this stuff is necessary, but it is intriguing. Maybe parafolk could set up bank accounts, maybe have bank accounts for their children that they can contribute to and once the children are old enough they can gain control over them and add to the account themselves. Or maybe the child has an automatically generated starting fund on moving out based on the joint income of the family, to save you the hassle of managing banking.

2+
  • amandac

Star Hubkin
    April 23, 2020 at 9:09 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I don’t mind the funds being in one household account. What I would like is the ability to decide how much of the funds the para takes with them when they leave.

1+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close