The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Taking Hints from TS2!!

• Taking Hints from TS2!!

PlyPlay665 updated 1 year, 9 months ago 7 Members · 7 Posts
  • skyler

High Hubkin
    February 26, 2020 at 1:32 am
    Appreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I saw this video that was posted a few days ago, talking about some of the details from the Sims 2 that Sims 3 & 4 didn’t have. Someone in the comments made a great point about EA, how they’ll focus on huge details that don’t matter (like the Murphy bed animation in 4) rather than the little details that make a huge difference.

Some of the details in S2 would work amazingly for Paralives, here are just some that make things interesting if you don’t have time to watch the vid:

• Hair Physics! Alpha hair that actually moves around when Sims do!
    • People can ENTER & EXIT a vehicle normally, not magically appearing inside (S3) or teleporting away. (S4) You could also buy and build your own vehicle!

• If something like a toy or small object is in the way, people will WALK OVER it instead of complaining and being trapped!
    • People who are running will actually RUN up or down the stairs!
    • A memory system that affects your sims personality and likes/dislikes.

• People with relationships will cuddle while sleeping and will hold each other for a moment when energy is full until they get out of bed.
    • Kids will run and hug their parents when coming home from work.
    • If your sim witnesses his parents arguing, he’ll run out of the room in tears.

• A parent cheating on their spouse will affect the child’s relationship with that parent.
    • If your teen has a bad relationship with you, they can run away! Calling the police can get them back sooner.

• Babies can be changed at a table or bathed in the sink!
    • People can go grocery shopping, and put food away in the fridge.
    • An enemy will come by in the middle of the night and steal your newspaper/knock over your trash (or leave a flaming pile of poo on your porch!)

These are just some of the little details that I think would make Paralives the ultimate simulator of all time!

• Unesty

Pro Hubkin
    February 26, 2020 at 9:17 am
    Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I have been playing the sims 2 still, and small things are what makes these simulations playable over long time periods. In sims 2 there were no emotion mechanic but they felt like they had emotions and these little things were the reason. Sims 4, they are supposed to have emotions but they dont feel real.

I think as far as the stuff we were shown in paralives so far they are paying attention to little things and that makes me happy and hopeful about this game.

• amandac

Star Hubkin
    February 26, 2020 at 9:58 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I still play TS2 and it’s the only game that I enjoy playing for a long period of time. They are the only sims that feel alive to me. I love when the kids run out to greet their parents when they come home from work, the slow dancing, dancing together, posing for pictures and asking other sims to take their picture. I’m really hoping that Paralives will be more like an improved TS2 with an open world (TS3) and CAS (TS4).

I remember one of my male sims had a relationship when he was single but ended up marrying someone else. The couple had one child. One day, the ex comes around and he introduces her to his wife and everything is fine. He went inside the house to do something, the wife was outside talking to her son. The ex then went inside and gave the husband a smooch and said goodbye. As she walked past the wife and kid she waved goodbye to them. I loved that – things happening that our out of my control but they were smart about it (for example, the ex didn’t kiss him in front of the wife).

• JP

Admin February 26, 2020 at 10:24 am
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

I really hope the devs see this video 😀

• Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    February 26, 2020 at 9:56 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

aha that video’s been shared quite a lot over the week, people really liked it.

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    March 1, 2020 at 9:36 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

It would be great to have little details like that, but I still hope Paralives won’t lean too closely to the sims series. It is a different game and should stand on its own as such. Thankfully most of these are just normal realistic interactions among people, which I certainly hope to see.

• PlyPlay665

High Hubkin
    March 1, 2020 at 11:33 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I know that Alex has said that he intends on giving free updates to Paralives after launch. Since Paralives is an indie game that doesn’t have the resources that companies like Electronic Arts can put into it, I think a possible cool way to implement the small details that can’t be done before release would be to focus on one small, silly feature to be implemented each update and to hint as to what kind of small detail it is, the developers could name the update after said feature. 🙂

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now