The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Sustainable living and Buying a home

• Sustainable living and Buying a home

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    January 27, 2020 at 6:05 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

What if there were options to sustainable living when buying a house? Ways to power a home? Water source? Idk if this would be unnecessary, but what if when you first start looking for a home there could be options for how each home runs for it to be livable.

You’d have basic electricity but you also have the option of using wind turbines and solar panels too (solar panels would appear in yards or on roofs and turbines would appear in yards).

Water could come from the city lines or you could use wells. Heating and air conditioner could come from a company installation or you could be required to use fireplaces,or wood stoves,and radiators in different parts of the home; fans or basic window ac.

Each option you choose would add or lower the cost of rent every month or week (depending on the frequency of bills in Paralives).

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  cakeefeatured.
    • This discussion was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  cakeefeatured.
  • Breedmond

Moderator January 28, 2020 at 8:56 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I love this idea. It would be cool if Para’s would get separate bills for rent, utilities, taxes etc. That way you could see the impact of the choices you make for each type of cost.

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    January 29, 2020 at 1:25 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I like the idea of separate bills

I think it’d be cool too if we were able to borrow money from an invisible bank or a rabbit hole bank lot called The Para National bank or something. Where you could go apply to get money for a loan for a home if you don’t have enough or you can get a loan for a certain amount of money depending on whatever reasons (ideas anyone!l?? Lol). That could also get generated as it’s own bill too

• Gentle

February 3, 2020 at 9:20 am
     Hub Points

I think perhaps having campervans and RVs would be interesting. I can imagine having a little family living in their RV.
    As for sustainable living, the parafolk should be able to install things like solar panels and wind turbines. Using compost, and recycling would be interesting, and perhaps the more pretentious parafolks could brag about how little they affect the earth. Growing your own food, and rearing your own animals could be interesting, although I dont really expect a farm in the base game.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now