Noteworthy NewcomerMay 10, 2020 at 11:17 pmHub Points432
Hi! I’m new here and I wanted to share some suggestions for the game and I’m hoping you could clear up some questions I have about the development.
1. I was hoping we could have some height presets like short, medium, tall.
2. I would also love love LOVE to have a whole wedding experience with the dresses (being able to choose the dress and make up, etc), proposals, bachelorette/bachelor parties, etc!
3. Ultrasounds, pregnancy interactions (mother with belly, father, siblings feeling jealous or happy, etc), contractions, having to stay in the hospital a couple of days with the mother and baby.
4. Body modifications like piercings, body hair, stretch marks that wouldn’t come off if you switch between outfits would be awesome.
5. Babies that can be removed from their cribs and have interactions with other paralives, like taking them to a changing table, playing with them and cuddling them in different areas around the house.
1. Would there be script mods for the game and if so, could they be able to make 18+ mods?
2. Are cheats allowed in-game for needs, money, and build mode?
3. What type of story progression are you guys interested in adding to the game?
I know it’s a lot to go through I am looking forward to your replies, even though I know the game is still in its early stages. Thank you for your hard work and for keeping us up to date on the developments. We appreciate it!6+
Rising HubkinMay 11, 2020 at 12:13 amHub Points1667
Star HubkinMay 11, 2020 at 4:58 amHub Points9974
Roxane has shown an interest in weddings, though that’s not official confirmation of what’s going to be in the game. I think so far they’ve said no to script mods but they seem to be encouraging custom content of other kinds.3+
Star HubkinMay 11, 2020 at 10:34 amHub Points10173
Hey! Welcome. Let me try and answer some of your questions.
1. The developers are currently hoping to have a “procedural animation” system, where they have one set of animations which the computer adapts for different heights. If this doesn’t work out, here is what Roxane has said about height presets.
Height presets could end up being a lot more resource intensive: instead of one set of animations, it would mean having to create multiple versions of each + all height ‘mixes’ for social interactions (tall x tall, tall x med, tall x short, etc)
2. Agreed! Weddings in TS4 are just a pain to do, and I usually just elope lol. Having a more in-depth experience would make weddings much more enjoyable. The developers haven’t reached that stage in development, but this is what Léa said about weddings. Note that this is not confirmed!
We are thinking of a way to have actual weddings with organisation, preps etc, i don’t know if it’s going to end up in the game since it’s really “occidental”. We may not be able to give you guys Weddings for all cultures.
3. Nothing about this is known as of yet, but personally I don’t think I would use them often.
4. Again, we don’t know much about this stuff, but I definitely agree with you that things like piercings, body hair, etc. should be consistent between outfits. Maybe if a para has pierced ears but isn’t wearing earrings there’s a small hole in their ear?
5. Babies will not be objects!!
1. No, script mods will not be in the game at launch, but the developers have said they are hoping to provide modding tools that eliminate the need for script mods. As for 18+ mods, there’s no real way to tell. Modders can be very creative.
2. Cheats are confirmed!
3. Story progression is also confirmed, and will be toggleable. The details are yet to be revealed, but if you’re asking us personally, I’d like to see the NPC’s able to make families and move houses.
If you haven’t already, I recommend you check out the confirmed features page here.
- This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Jinxin. Reason: Formatting
- This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Jinxin.
Star HubkinMay 11, 2020 at 11:20 amHub Points18853
@jinxin I didn’t know about the wedding part. This makes me so happy! I hope we can order different kinds of wedding cakes and for different prices. I also hope they are big enough to feed all the guests. I hate the way they handled cakes in TS4.3+
Log in to reply.