The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Story Telling

• Story Telling

PlyPlay665 updated 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Em

October 4, 2019 at 12:01 pm
     Hub Points

So I love creating stories in the Sims (sorry for using Sims but it’sthe best example for this). My favourite way to do this was in the SIms 2, where you would take a screenshot of something happeneing in-game, and be able to insert it into a book / gallery thing, and then write comments about what was happening in the game. It was available to see when you played that family. It kept a record, and was a great platform for personal storytelling.

What would people think about having a simple, customizeable place to put stories in-game, that you can describe and read to see how far your game has come? This could also be share-able to others in the community.
    Things like screenshots of a new baby, a birthday, a wedding, before and after designs on houses so you can look back and see the improvements you have made over time.

I think it would be really nice to have somewehre in game that can be seen and edited at anytime, to see how far a family has come, especially if people like to make legacy families with lots of drama and arguments and affairs., or even see how other families from the town have joined in marriage / made enemies.
    There could be a seperate in-game story telling gallery, and a seperate one for house designs. Both could be shared with others to inspire game-play and design ideas.
    Let me know what you guys think 🙂

• PlyPlay665

High Hubkin
    October 4, 2019 at 9:05 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I definitely agree. I love the way the Sims 2 did it. As someone who juggles a lot different responsibilities, I don’t have time to play videogames all that often. I loved the Sims 2’s album feature so that I could look back and see some different things that happened in the household when I had played it before and get a feeling for the Sims’ personalities and such without having to actually take notes outside of the game or in their biography. I’ve always wanted to utilize their biographies, but I’m much too lazy to actually type them out every time I play them. Pictures tell a much better story.

This may just be the nostalgia factor, but I remember spending so much time on TheSims2’s website reading stories!! I feel like having an easy way to share simple stories on an official website within the game would be a fantastic way to do that.

From my understanding, this game will be on Steam? Does anyone know if there is any other examples of anything like this on there? I haven’t spent much time on Steam.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now