The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Open World stores/rabbit holes

• stores/rabbit holes

bailey updated 4 months ago 14 Members · 16 Posts
  • elita

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 20, 2019 at 11:53 pm
     Hub Points

i don’t know how finished the open world is right now, but i wonder if we have rabbit hole stores or not? i imagine not and it’ll be like the alchemy store from sims 3

instead of the rabbit hole grocery store/restaurants from sims 3

if we had a non-rabbit hole grocery store, i would like to be able to pick out fruit/vegetables from different sections? instead of just going up to somebody and buying everything at once, it just feels more realistic to do that

8+
  • Wed

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 29, 2019 at 5:05 pm
     Hub Points

I definitely want all shops open. I don’t mind rabbit holes for non-active careers, but for all else, nope. That said, I certainly wouldn’t complain if there were no rabbit holes at all. But yes, stores really should be open. I want to see my Paras shop like the Sims did in TS2.

10+
  • gayars

August 22, 2019 at 2:07 am
     Hub Points

I totally agree. I want all stores open as well, and ownable/unowned versions of both, so if you want a parafolk to own one, they can, otherwise it can be managed by npc’s (such as a clothing store or grocery store)

4+
  • lalarose

Noteworthy Newcomer
    August 28, 2019 at 9:58 pm
     Hub Points

I’d like to see post offices like they could be rabbit hole or non-rabbit hole. But you could send and receive packages to/from other paras from different worlds . and be able to send other family members or friends gifts around town

7+
  • PlyPlay665

High Hubkin
    September 25, 2019 at 3:31 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I personally never really had a problem with rabbit-holes, but I also liked how shopping worked in TS2. That said, I can definitively hope that I do not have to go through and separately select the different ingredients from different sections of the store. I hate shopping in real life, and to a certain point hate how customized grocery shopping/cooking is in TS3. I think an open concept grocery store exactly like TS2 where you select a fridge or whatever and select the ingredients/amount of food and then take that to the cashier is plenty detailed for going grocery shopping. Same for clothes shopping, etc.

8+
  • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    September 25, 2019 at 5:03 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

No I wouldnt like to select every ingredient from the grocery store aisles. But I do think it would be cool to select aisle by category and from there a pop up window would come up and you could select which items to buy that are available. Like Seafood department,Meat,Produce,Deli,etc.

But as for all other stores I definitely want them open I don’t like rabbit holes personally. I feel it makes the game restricted and keeps the characters in the house too much because there’s nothing for them to do physical and nothing visually for me to see and carry out for a story as a player, but that’s just my personal opinion after playing sims 3…

7+
    • mirandanik

September 26, 2019 at 3:30 am
       Hub Points

You could even modernize it and have grocery delivery for people who don’t like to shop where they can just order their stuff online and it gets delivered or you can go pick it up and and it just goes into your inventory/fridge etc.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  mirandanik.
      7+
  • NHFoodie

Moderator September 25, 2019 at 9:35 pm
    Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=5180]But I do think it would be cool to select aisle by category and from there a pop up window would come up and you could select which items to buy that are available.

[/quote]

I really like this idea because I think it would prevent tedium while still giving some player control. It would be neat if frugal paras could clip coupons or select items that were on sale and get a little boost for saving money.

6+
  • Paralives Hub (JP)

Admin September 27, 2019 at 8:36 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=5195]You could even modernize it and have grocery delivery for people who don’t like to shop where they can just order their stuff online and it gets delivered or you can go pick it up and and it just goes into your inventory/fridge etc.

[/quote]

This! The more options the better. I would love to go shopping with them, but if I’m focusing on something else then it would be nice to order stuff online.

5+
  • NHFoodie

Moderator September 27, 2019 at 9:56 pm
    Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation Badge
     Hub Points

[quote]
    This! The more options the better. I would love to go shopping with them, but if I’m focusing on something else then it would be nice to order stuff online.
    [/quote]

Oooh! This actually just gave me an idea about boxes such as Blue Apron and Plated, etc. So a specific new recipe that they’ve never tried could show up.

3+
  • MaisQueVerPensar

September 28, 2019 at 12:43 pm
     Hub Points

I don’t like the idea of rabbit holes, ’cause I have few control of what I do in my work. If I control everything, I guess the consequences may even be more realistic. The rabbit holes model is too much… “arcade”.

2+
  • AngelicTacos11

Paraling
    February 20, 2020 at 1:52 pm
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I also gotta admit myself. The game should it have fewer rabbit holes, then I’m itching to see when going shopping, dining, or even other indoor places (malls, indoor pools) would be in that matter. I’m so excited!

4+
  • Dizzardy

High Hubkin
    April 21, 2020 at 2:23 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I don’t think rabbit holes are a bad thing. They can act as a compliment to all the open world activities.

Even if the more popular locations were all open (like schools, shops, restaurants etc) there would still be a benefit to having rabbit hole options for more niche activities that probably aren’t popular enough to actually implement gameplay wise.

Like clicking on a bookstore and sending your para to go to a book signing or something.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Dizzardy.
    4+
  • LadyJuse

Paraling
    June 20, 2020 at 1:23 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I can see when rabbit holes could be good, but maybe we could have more control as to where the rabbit hole is. Like a movie theatre; we can still design the lobby, concession stand and arcade; but the actual screen rooms are rabbit holes.

At the very least; I think to give us control as to what the exterior of the rabbit hole looks like.

3+
    • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
      June 20, 2020 at 2:32 am
      Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
       Hub Points

This! I think this would be a good idea I mean we don’t really need to watch the movie with them. It’d be funny to see various paras expression after certain genre movies when they walk out the theater room lol

3+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    June 20, 2020 at 5:37 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I quite like rabbit holes and wouldn’t mind most stores being rabbit holes at release. I like the idea being to send one Para out to do something and whatnot while I focus on something else with another Para. I can see it functioning that we’d click on the building our Para is at and a menu would pop us allowing us to choose what they’d do. Then they could come out with shopping bags and load them up to their car.

6+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close