Paralives Forums

Welcome to The Paralives Forums, powered by The Paralives Hub network, where fans from across the world come together to discuss all aspects of Paralives. This is a fan community. Any opinions shared on this website are solely the opinion of the user and do not represent the Paralives brand.

Paralives Hub Forums General Ideas Store Ideas

• Store Ideas

Profile Photo

What type of stores not community lots but just stores where paras can go shop and buy things at would everyone like to see? What type of objects do you hope become functional no matter how big or small or complex, that you could buy in stores?

I hope we get stationary stores I’d love to be able to have journals and planners paras could use; different themed paper could be like how paintings are painting on the wall except it would be used for pen pals and have fake para handwriting on it. I’d like to be able to buy art supplies so if you don’t have paper or paints or colored pencils etc. You wouldn’t be able to actually make art unless you had bought those things.

amandac replied 3 years, 7 months ago 6 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • For the initial release, grocery stores are the big one I hope for. This could be to buy all types of food and also plates and utensils.

A second would be a home/furniture store where you can buy basically all of your necessities for a new home; sofas, beds, electronic appliances, etc.

Third, a clothing store to buy new clothes after making your initial Para(folk).

And last, a pet store to buy any pet supply equipment and as an option to buy pets for a medium price.

Some other stores I’d like, but would be fine if they weren’t in the initial release…

Toy store to purchase different types of toys, comic books, video games, and other things for children.

I like the art store idea you mentioned. It would be cool to buy any kind of art equipment here.

Sporting store to buy any kinds of sports equipment for whatever sports/outdoor activities the game offers.

Posted August 19, 2020 at 5:02 am
    • I like your idea of a toy store I think we really need a store and stores in general for kids to go to and just want things lol. Then they could ask their parents if they could go there every now and then.

Sporting store would be so nice! Especially for athletes and they can buy workout tools there too!

Posted August 21, 2020 at 4:40 am
  • All these ideas are great. Wts I would like to have the option to buy anything online like groceries, furniture, art supplies, books and so on. Now-a-days that is how we all shop anyway and it will be awesome to do so in-game. The online catalogue must have different departments and everything must be delivered to your home. So you will have to wait even when you buy your furniture. So if you move into your home, all the essential fixtures should be in the house, and if you don’t have furniture, or plants and so on you will have to go to a store or order online to buy them. 🙂

Posted August 19, 2020 at 6:00 am
    • Maybe there could also be an option for when we create a business in game give us the option that would ask if we’d like to offer delivery and store pickup, but there could also be stores that wouldn’t have online ordering.

Posted August 21, 2020 at 4:43 am
  • If we buy things online should it take a few days for items to arrive vs if you had gone to the store to buy something? How many days 1-3?

Posted August 21, 2020 at 4:41 am
    • A 1-3 day wait sounds good enough for most things. Maybe a week for something pretty big or extravagant, like a new washing machine or something similar.

Posted August 21, 2020 at 5:00 pm
      • And maybe if your para is famous, stinking rich or just a loyal customer they can get expedited service.

Posted August 22, 2020 at 8:38 am
  • One thing that I would like to see is pricing actually reflecting somewhere close to real life. 100 for a pair of pants or blouse is too much.

And ways of getting like a loan to buy a house you want might be a good idea to add. (Or even a loan shark, in the lower-income areas- lol)

Gas stations, like in the good ol’ days would be cool. Full-service stations- then teens could have after school jobs, or get experience points for working as a mechanic on cars. But I miss the gas stations, for sure. And in movie theatres- there could be an option for jobs in there too. And grocery stores could hire kiddos to stock shelves or move carts, or load grocery bags for customers.

And drive-in movies- those would be really great–for family outings, for teen jobs…etc..

Music stores-you could have records or CDs, or some such thing…

Malt shops that you can actually go in to, order dinner and socialize with other kids, teens, families. You can order what you want (also realistic prices there)

Posted August 21, 2020 at 5:00 am
    • I agree we definitely need realistic pricing for everything, that bugged me a lot in sims like a Stuffed bear could cost 50 simoleons or Something ridiculous lol. I hope food has realistic pricing as well for both fast food and when we go to stores.

Awwh I’d love a drive in theater and love the music shop idea!

Posted August 21, 2020 at 7:44 pm
  • These are all good idea. For any type of store I think shopping carts would be a nice addition. Walking through the aisle pushing the cart, have the Para kids sit in it. Actually see the Paras pick up items and place it in the cart, unload items from cart on register, pack items in bag, load in car, like in real life.

Posted August 21, 2020 at 4:03 pm
    • Yes please!! ?

Posted August 21, 2020 at 7:44 pm