The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Social Interactions

• Social Interactions

KadZuks updated 7 months ago 5 Members · 5 Posts
  • reilly

Pro Hubkin
    March 15, 2020 at 12:28 am
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeDiamond EggFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

i want social interactions to be both ways. say if you have a crush/flirty relationship with someone they can ask you to go steady or they could even propose if the relationship is high enough. in the sims, you always had to plan out the storyline and make relationships and i would like to have an element of surprise in paralives. so if the other para asks you to date or even maybe woohoo/whatever it will be called, there would be a prompt saying “so and so asked you to date! what will you say?” there would be a yes or no option and maybe even a surprise option like in bitlife. it would also be fun for teens and maybe children if kids can have ‘romantic’ relationships for them to have the same option. say they were at school there would be a similar prompt saying “this boy admitted to having a crush on you. will you date him?” or something of the sorts. just some ideas to spice up your gameplay. i like to have random things happen like that. and maybe if your married your spouse could ask to have a baby? i would like to see other paras you don’t control have the ability to spice of your gameplay because controlling a life with no surprises, just planned things gets very repetitive.

9+
  • amandac

Star Hubkin
    March 15, 2020 at 7:58 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I also like the element of surprise in my game. That being said, I don’t want my happily married, true blue paras having affairs and getting divorced when I’m not controlling them. If an NPC makes a move on my para, I want them to automatically reject them whether I’m controlling them or not.

7+
  • Breedmond

Moderator March 16, 2020 at 1:54 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7217]I also like the element of surprise in my game. That being said, I don’t want my happily married, true blue paras having affairs and getting divorced when I’m not controlling them. If an NPC makes a move on my para, I want them to automatically reject them whether I’m controlling them or not.

[/quote]

Yes, it should only be possible when you are controlling the Para or there should be an option that you can turn off ‘surprises’, like how you can toggle story progression on or off in the sims.

6+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    March 19, 2020 at 7:13 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I agree that there should be a level of surprises. I don’t mind unexpected pop-ups, but I want the final decision on what happens in my Parafolks lives.

4+
  • KadZuks

Helpful Hubkin
    March 29, 2020 at 4:23 am
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Not explicitly a social interaction, but I think adding a social media aspect to the game would give it a more connected feel…let’s call it “ParaSocial” for now. Here is how it would add to social interaction:

You could set a daily update to give local news updates like discounted items, deaths, births, marriages, local hotspots, weather, crime, gossip, random para folk updates, etc. Think of it as an update to the newspapers from sims 3.

When you meet someone new, you can “add them on ParaSocial” to get updates on their life.

Post pictures to add to your ParaStory for others to like and comment. This would allow you to have a memory system.

Add relationship statuses, gain popularity/fame.

Stalk para-folk (not really, but it would help you find where in town a certain para folk is hanging out).

You could even take this a step further later and sell goods/collectibles via ParaSocial and therefor have an online business.

Possibilities are as endless as our current social media’s possibilities.

5+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close