The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation So…..what are we calling "Woohoo"?

• So…..what are we calling "Woohoo"?

• lostwanderers

Noteworthy Newcomer
    August 9, 2019 at 7:00 pm
     Hub Points

[b]Paralives is a life sim, and a part of life is doing the nasty 😉[b]

Respectfully of course….this is a family friendly game!

(Well, BEFORE the mods. lol 😆 )

Sims had “Woohoo”.

What’s the catchy replacement in Paralives?

11+
  • Mark

Noteworthy Newcomer
    August 9, 2019 at 8:12 pm
    Picture Perfect
     Hub Points

LivHiv?

idk haha 🙂

1+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    August 10, 2019 at 8:08 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I’m personally of the unpopular option that not everything needs a special name just because The Sims has one. That said my proposition is the simple “sleep together”. It’s clear enough that the older players will know what it is referring to, but vague and clean enough for any younger players that may play the game.

36+
  • annie14229

August 10, 2019 at 8:56 pm
     Hub Points

Or may be call it Yahoo.

5+
  • rbolton

Noteworthy Newcomer
    August 11, 2019 at 10:55 am
    Trendsetter Badge
     Hub Points
    quote Bailey post_id=528 time=1565467721 user_id=164:

I’m personally of the unpopular option that not everything needs a special name just because The Sims has one. That said my proposition is the simple “sleep together”. It’s clear enough that the older players will know what it is referring to, but vague and clean enough for any younger players that may play the game.

I agree with this fully. Clean, plain, and simple.

8+
  • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    September 1, 2019 at 7:38 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

Sleep together is nice its clean and straightforward.

3+
  • yeetthesalsa

Paraling
    September 3, 2019 at 5:21 pm
    Friendship BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=3903]I’m personally of the unpopular option that not everything needs a special name just because The Sims has one. That said my proposition is the simple “sleep together”. It’s clear enough that the older players will know what it is referring to, but vague and clean enough for any younger players that may play the game.

[/quote]

Though I do agree with this to some extent, I also feel like it might be misleading to younger players who might assume “sleep together” literally just means sleeping in the same bed with someone, and then be caught off guard when the paras start doing something a little… different (lol).. than that expectation. I mean obviously this could happen regardless of the word (as it did with me on the Sims when I was younger), and it wouldn’t be explicit anyways because of the game rating, but just something to maybe take into consideration.

12+
  • BroodjeMario

September 14, 2019 at 6:12 am
     Hub Points

[quote quote=4860]

Though I do agree with this to some extent, I also feel like it might be misleading to younger players who might assume “sleep together” literally just means sleeping in the same bed with someone, and then be caught off guard when the paras start doing something a little… different (lol).. than that expectation. I mean obviously this could happen regardless of the word (as it did with me on the Sims when I was younger), and it wouldn’t be explicit anyways because of the game rating, but just something to maybe take into consideration.

[/quote]

I think you are right.

1+
  • PlyPlay665

High Hubkin
    September 19, 2019 at 8:38 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I agree that “sleep together” is a bit too ambiguous for players that don’t know the connotation of those words in a romantic context. While, yes, not everything needs its own word like the Sims, I think this is an example of a word that would need that to keep its “T” rating.

That said I’m not creative at all and was perplexed what the simulated people might be called until I saw “Parafolk” which I think works perfectly!!

1+
  • Kisica

September 20, 2019 at 10:03 pm
     Hub Points

I’m really interested how they are going to implement sex in the game. Hope it wouldn’t be like something we have in the sims

2+
    • AT

November 13, 2019 at 6:16 pm
       Hub Points

What about ‘make love’

7+
  • Pinstar

September 21, 2019 at 12:40 am
     Hub Points

[quote quote=5105]I agree that “sleep together” is a bit too ambiguous for players that don’t know the connotation of those words in a romantic context. While, yes, not everything needs its own word like the Sims, I think this is an example of a word that would need that to keep its “T” rating.

That said I’m not creative at all and was perplexed what the simulated people might be called until I saw “Parafolk” which I think works perfectly!!

[/quote]

I agree of the need to obfuscate it, which is unfortunate as “Paraf*ck” would be a cute play on the Parafolk name.

I suggest three interactions.

“Spooning” which is exactly what it says on the tin. A couple cuddling up in a spooning position for some non-sexytimes sleep.
    “Protected Forking” Sexytimes with low/no chance of baby
    “Unprotected Forking” Sexytimes with normal chance of baby

If you have a couple who is physically unable to produce a baby (gay/lesbian/elderly) Just call the option “Forking”

11+
  • Kisica

September 21, 2019 at 4:05 pm
     Hub Points

Forking sounds great 😀

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Kisica.
    1+
  • justarandomgamer300

Pro Hubkin
    November 11, 2019 at 5:36 pm
    Appreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Lets just put sleep together. Thats straight forward.

• Shaybs

Noteworthy Newcomer
    November 23, 2019 at 5:46 pm
    Appreciation BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Paralovin’

17+
    • Tini96

Star Hubkin
      May 25, 2020 at 2:45 pm
      Picture PerfectFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter Badge
       Hub Points

I think that would fit well

• ZeldaN64

November 29, 2019 at 12:02 pm
     Hub Points

I agree 100%.

• Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    November 30, 2019 at 6:41 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I prefer “Make Love” to “Sleep Together” since it’s less ambiguous and still PG

6+
  • Soml

Pro Hubkin
    April 11, 2020 at 3:48 pm
    Picture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=4860]

[/quote]

Both comments make true points… And at the end of the day the action between the sheets will be there, naming it won’t change its purpose (or prevent any man, woman or child from clicking it lol) . My opinion is, as long as the name isn’t vulgar, all is well.

😇How about naming the action *funfun* or *Lovey-dovey* 😜

• Soml

Pro Hubkin
    April 11, 2020 at 4:00 pm
    Picture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=5818]Paralovin’

[/quote]

Darn it! 😑 I wish I thought of that… 👍🏿

2+
  • bujomomo

Parafolk
    April 11, 2020 at 11:17 pm
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

i think HubBub would be a fun name since it means noise 😉

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  bujomomo.
    1+
  • Rosie

Helpful Hubkin
    April 11, 2020 at 11:58 pm
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation Badge
     Hub Points

Or …. maybe just Hubba, Hubba.

4+
  • lostwanderers

Noteworthy Newcomer
    April 14, 2020 at 6:32 pm
     Hub Points

While I haven’t thought of a name myself, I like the idea of Paralives creating its own word for sex, or just using a different term. It doesn’t have to be as goofy as “woohoo”, but just saying “sleep together” is misleading and boringly vague.

Making up a term helps with a lot of issues, especially in protecting the games Teen rating.
    Maybe something like:
    “Get it on”
    Get Busy

Maybe if teens are able to be intimate in the game, the option would say “do it”, which is funny because it shows they are still immature, and starting early.

1+
  • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    April 15, 2020 at 2:58 am
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

There doesn’t have to be a made up word, it just has to be tasteful. I don’t have an issue with the phrase “Make love”. Is that too cringe for other people? This matches up with “Make a baby”. I just imagine that as a pairing.

Edit: Whoops I didn’t see that there were 2 more pages. I guess this stands, though I think almost all of it has already been said. Oh well! My support is there for these ideas.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  sweetchilli.
    2+
  • Calarand

High Hubkin
    April 15, 2020 at 5:45 am
    Picture PerfectDiamond EggFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Silly names are funny and all but I’ve always been an advocate for not making romantic sex related activities into something so shameful or embarrassing that it needs a nickname. So I’m all for “make love”, as others suggested. It’s tasteful, romantic, and it calls it exactly what it is.

6+
  • wonbit

Helpful Hubkin
    April 15, 2020 at 10:33 am
    Picture PerfectFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I completely agree with giving it a subtle name that doesn’t exactly say the name of The Deed™ but clearly implies it. It’d be a nice change of pace from the silly name we’re used to. I think this would also fit today’s teens’ humor more than just using a goofy word like “woohoo”, for example. Really good suggestions here 🙂

• Milo69

April 17, 2020 at 10:00 pm
     Hub Points

What about “Folking?” … or “Paramrd?”

• Kate

Parafolk
    April 19, 2020 at 8:44 am
    Friendship BadgeDiamond EggLoyalty BadgeAppreciation Badge
     Hub Points

okay
    really liked ‘forkin’ and ‘spooning’
    made me laugh
    but wouldn’t it be too strange for kids? like hey mom what’s fokin’?

1+
  • Just.A.Finch

Rising Hubkin
    May 24, 2020 at 3:12 pm
    Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

What rating is this game going for? Teen? If it’s going for a teen rating then I feel like it’s probably working under the assumption that it’s audience has some vague idea of what sex is. I mean it can be more delicately put, like sleep together, that seems good to me. But I feel like the age group that teen games go for is… Teens. If I had a 13 year old, I wouldn’t want them playing a one night stand simulator with explicit language and really out in the open sexual activity, but I’d expect that they know what sleeping together means, and know that babies can come into play that way.

If the rating is Teen, then I don’t think that there’s any responsibility to both protect the delicate minds of seven year olds and make sure that it’s obvious that it’s not just getting shut eye. Sleep together is classy enough and is very understandable to anyone with any semblance of an inkling that sex is a thing that exists.

• sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
      May 25, 2020 at 4:17 am
      Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
       Hub Points

In the AMA the team said the game will be PG-13. I’m not really sure what the difference is between PG-13 and teen? They said they’re targeting the game at teens and adults, not children. Alex wants to call it “making love” but they’re worried as to whether that’s PG-13 or not.

2+
    • Just.A.Finch

Rising Hubkin
      May 30, 2020 at 5:44 pm
      Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
       Hub Points

Okay, gotcha. If it becomes an issue, maybe something like “the birds and the bees,” or something else obvious and neither stealing from other games nor ambiguous. However, I’m unsure how that phrase translates between cultures. There’s probably an equivalent phrase or word everywhere, I’d imagine.

1+
    • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
      May 31, 2020 at 4:14 am
       Hub Points

It’s an interesting idea, but I have to agree more with your concerns. It would be hard to find idioms in every language, especially as they are difficult to translate. Like bailey below, my hope is that “make love” is PG-13 enough, and he makes a good argument for that.

Edit: I just realised that “make love” opens up another can of worms translation-wise. The team has to find an appropriate term in every supported language! I wonder if “make love” is English language specific too…

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by  sweetchilli.
      2+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    May 25, 2020 at 5:59 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Yeah, Alex wants it to be “make love” and I personally don’t think it should be an issue. That and similar terms were used in old looney tunes shorts, which were originally intended for adults, but later put on kid’s networks. If it’s fine there, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be fit for a teen game.

I do hope it’ll be something like that, since as I said before, I really don’t want it to have some goofy name. The less ways people can compare Paralives to the sims, the better.

6+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close