The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Smart photo albums and videotapes

• Smart photo albums and videotapes

Trinity updated 1 year, 3 months ago 6 Members · 9 Posts
  • Amazing_Star

Pro Hubkin
    April 29, 2020 at 4:13 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I really like to play with families and I would like to see option for parafolks to keep photos and videotapes of some moments. But instead of classic way of making photos and videotapes (you control your characters when they are taking photos / record videotapes), there could be something better and smart.

Game itself would make pictures of important moments, such as wedding, prom, birthdays etc. You would then find these photos in photo album. This option offers a smooth gameplay – you won’t be interrupted from watching wedding or other moments. You would have still ability to make your own photos for album, but personally I would like to see option like this in game since I would be just bothered by taking photos myself and wouldn’t enjoy the event itself.

Videotapes would work in a same way. It would be also nice to actually have parafolk who would record it / take photo of it. You would just set him and the game would know what to do. But I don’t know how it would actually work.

• sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    April 29, 2020 at 11:43 pm
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I love the idea of the game recording memories, especially without me having to ruin the moment by watching for the right second to pause for a photo or repositioning the camera just so. If I can just watch a wedding ceremony without that stress that would be really cool!

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    April 30, 2020 at 2:57 am
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Don’t get me wrong, this sounds cool, but having the game do something automatically makes me worry about the game not getting the specific snapshot or footage I wanted. Also like you said, I’m not sure how this could be programmed. Like, would the game automatically register when a birthday party or other event is going on and just automatically start recording or taking pictures throughout the whole party? Because that could surely result in thousands of pictures. And how would the game know when the party is over?

How do you think this should function? I like the idea, but it sounds like it would be hard to manage.

• Rosie

Rising Hubkin
    April 30, 2020 at 5:28 am
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation Badge
     Hub Points

I don’t know about automatic recording of memory videos, but I would love the option to have a para record things, take photos, and have these stored in a memory album.

• Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    April 30, 2020 at 10:39 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

[quote quote=8535]Don’t get me wrong, this sounds cool, but having the game do something automatically makes me worry about the game not getting the specific snapshot or footage I wanted. Also like you said, I’m not sure how this could be programmed. Like, would the game automatically register when a birthday party or other event is going on and just automatically start recording or taking pictures throughout the whole party? Because that could surely result in thousands of pictures. And how would the game know when the party is over?

How do you think this should function? I like the idea, but it sounds like it would be hard to manage.

[/quote]

What if it takes a bunch of pictures during the event, and after it finishes you go through them and choose the ones you want? And you can choose the amount it takes per event in the settings.

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    April 30, 2020 at 2:59 pm
     Hub Points

@jinxin But still, we won’t know what the game is actually snapshotting until the event is over. And it’s always possible that very few of the images taken will have the characters posed properly, engaging in what the player specifically wanted for a picture, etc.

Don’t get me wrong, something like this sounds cool in theory, but the execution sounds impossible to get right. It sounds like either you’d be stuck with an album full of 1000’s of pictures to look through just for the possibility of getting that one good shot, or you get a small number photos, none of which have what you wanted. At this point, I don’t see how this would work properly.

• Amazing_Star

Pro Hubkin
    May 1, 2020 at 12:27 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=8535]Don’t get me wrong, this sounds cool, but having the game do something automatically makes me worry about the game not getting the specific snapshot or footage I wanted. Also like you said, I’m not sure how this could be programmed. Like, would the game automatically register when a birthday party or other event is going on and just automatically start recording or taking pictures throughout the whole party? Because that could surely result in thousands of pictures. And how would the game know when the party is over?

[/quote]

My idea is that the game would take photo of a specific moment (that would be programmed). So for example during wedding, game would take photo of couple exchanging their rings and their kiss, cutting a cake. During birthdays, game would take photo of parafolk blowing out the candles. I was also thinking that maybe some photos could be done with animations – game would put parafolks into poses and game would create a photo.

Videotapes are definitely more problematic. So I was thinking that maybe player would set up a parafolk with camera and the game would realize what to do – so for example, game would realize that there’s aisle, so shooting would start exactly at the moment of wedding and camera would follow path of aisle.

Honestly I would rather have automatic photos than videotapes, since I can see why automatic videotapes could cause such problems and might be harder to implement.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Amazing_Star.
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    May 1, 2020 at 3:24 pm
     Hub Points

@Amazing_Star But how would the game know any of that? How could the game know the exact moment the in-game characters are doing a specific action and are in the precise pose the player wants for their picture? Maybe it’s just because I’m not a game dev or really tech-savy person, but this whole idea sounds very confusing. If this is even possible, it sounds like it would be very difficult or just time consuming to code.

I actually feel opposite of you. With videos, I don’t think it would be too hard to program a recording feature that the player could just start up whenever an event started that would record until stopped. With the knowledge that the recording is going on, the player would instantly know where they need to put their cameras to focus on their Parafolk. The randomness and brevity of the photographs isn’t there at all. That’s why I feel recording could actually work for this, but I’m not too sure about pictures.

Btw, I hope I’m not coming across as being overly critical of this idea for no reason. I just legitimately don’t understand how this could work from a programming perspective.

• Trinity

Parafolk
    August 29, 2020 at 11:41 pm
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Maybe you could hire a photographer/videographer for weddings, birthdays, prom, etc. and you won’t be interrupted while playing but at the end of the event you get some photos and a video. It can literally be the same stock poses every time. And the same basic video that’s used for every birthday/wedding. Only problem with that is that it would get a little boring to see the same pictures over and over just with paras in it.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now