Paralives Forums

Welcome to The Paralives Forums, powered by The Paralives Hub network, where fans from across the world come together to discuss all aspects of Paralives. This is a fan community. Any opinions shared on this website are solely the opinion of the user and do not represent the Paralives brand.

Paralives Hub Forums Paralives Discussion Simulation flow

• Simulation flow

Profile Photo

The interaction between the characters should be smoother. When a stronger relationship builds the characters should act personalised to the relationship. For example parent and child, the parent maybe more dominant or the child more submissive maybe quite a playful relaxed interaction. Friends should be able to have certain personalised interactions or stances when around each other.
    I also think that there should be personalised emotions and actions or quirks for each character. An adult may be more direct and assured than a younger person or teenager who may be more spontaneous or insecure. Kids should be more flambouyant and excitable, and act more like kids.
    Also there should be more hug interactions like putting an arm around another or fist bumps. You could then assign to certain characters.

Pinstar replied 4 years, 6 months ago 8 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • quote Clois200 post_id=378 time=1564866903 user_id=426:

The interaction between the characters should be smoother. When a stronger relationship builds the characters should act personalised to the relationship. For example parent and child, the parent maybe more dominant or the child more submissive maybe quite a playful relaxed interaction. Friends should be able to have certain personalised interactions or stances when around each other.
    I also think that there should be personalised emotions and actions or quirks for each character. An adult may be more direct and assured than a younger person or teenager who may be more spontaneous or insecure. Kids should be more flambouyant and excitable, and act more like kids.
    Also there should be more hug interactions like putting an arm around another or fist bumps. You could then assign to certain characters.

I like that idea – adds more realism to the game.

Posted August 12, 2019 at 9:05 am
  • Pretty good idea, would make each age group more unique.

Posted August 19, 2019 at 12:59 am
  • All of that would be really nice. I like the idea of setting these things to different Parafolk. I totally agree that kids should be more excitable than adults.

Posted August 20, 2019 at 4:40 pm
  • As much as I can understand the want for this, I’m not sure I agree. I’ve always preferred the interactions between characters to be neutral. This allows you to imagine any number of possible relationships between them.

This is actually one of the first things I noticed I disliked about the Sims 4. Their interactions were too animated. It made it impossible for you to have a believably shy sim, as the sim was always very outgoing in character.

I can imagine a similar problem coming from something like this. What if you want to have a teenage para who is more comfortable around adults than other Paras their age? Having the opposite already in place by the game would make it very hard for this to be believable.

I simply wouldn’t enjoy the game as much if the relationship Dynamics between characters were already in place.

Posted August 21, 2019 at 5:12 pm
  • [quote quote=3989]
    It made it impossible for you to have a believably shy sim, as the sim was always very outgoing in character.

I can imagine a similar problem coming from something like this. What if you want to have a teenage para who is more comfortable around adults than other Paras their age? Having the opposite already in place by the game would make it very hard for this to be believable.

[/quote]

I’d really like for there to be a blend of these. Certainly account for different personalities and levels of shyness but with very close relationships, mannerisms should differ.

Posted September 13, 2019 at 1:48 am
  • I love the idea!

Posted September 14, 2019 at 5:30 pm
  • I’m going to put forth a potentially controversial suggestion:

Limit the number of commands a player can give a character each day. You can directly guide them to do a few important actions each day, but having someone who’s a grumpy jerk will not be the most popular person in town simply because you microed a million friendly interactions with everyone. You could save your allotment of direct actions each day to work on *a* specific friend and his jerk personality AI would stay away from being mean to those who managed to become their friend but to everyone else they’d be more abrasive.

Of course, there could be a toggle to remove this command cap for those who want to sandbox it fully.

Posted September 15, 2019 at 8:20 pm