The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Parafolk Shark-headed Occult Para

• Shark-headed Occult Para

snek updated 1 year, 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Posts
  • snek

August 16, 2019 at 4:26 am
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Sorry if this seems long; I tried to keep it as short and concise as i could.

How can a para become a Shark Humanoid: I haven’t thought much about this part but probably they would be experiments in Genetic Modification of Shark DNA in Human Para embryos, or perhaps the spawn of a shark and human para? Or the results of a curse by a sea witch? Etc.

Shark Humanoid Occult
    Appearance: Humanoid body with shark-like fins on legs and arms, large claws on feet and hands; Head of a shark
    Natural Shark Abilities: Faster swimmers than human paras but not as fast as mermaids or their non-occult shark cousins, asexual reproduction, sleepswimming/ sleepwalking?, light sensitivity 10 times greater than human paras/ nightvision in water, Regenerative abilities/// Next, supernatural abilities: Can communicate with both shark and human paras/ Animal Communication (As a result of the occult’s brain being both human and shark), super strength, High durability, Can call other Shark Occults or Natural Sharks for backup
    Weaknesses: Needs water to survive but can go up on land like mermaids

I have sources of the above natural shark abilities but i’m not sure linking them would be following the terms of service. Let me know if you want the sources though!

Inspiration for this occult: King Shark in DC Comics/ The Flash Arrowverse series, Demigod Nanaue of Hawaiian Mythology, Half sharks/ Cutthroats in Pirate101

Some concepts/ ideas of what the Shark Man/ Shark Humanoid could look like: https://imgur.com/a/U44AYMk

How this might help Paralives:

Hardly any games or media shows sharks as the amazing creatures they are. It seems like sharks are seen in a public light as nightmare fuel, from stuff like Jaws. If Paralives shows sharks in a better, more honest way, sharks may be helped. Though ofc, having them shown in a different light from Jaws might not save them, it might bring the world that much closer to accepting that sharks are beautiful. Next to that, sharks being of significance in Paralives in a way that is not senselessly violent might give it an almost unique feature, which is always a good thing to see in any medium since sharks are rarely seen in media as the amazing and beautiful creatures they really are.

Thanks for reading!

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  snek. Reason: Added information

Awesome Shark Humanoids; All artists credited unless i don't know who drew/ designed the art

Awesome Shark Humanoids; All artists credited unless i don't know who drew/ designed the art

1+
  • gamedomino

Star Hubkin
    August 29, 2019 at 6:41 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

Sounds weird, but ultimately I believe this is a good idea because it would be original(mostly) and add lots of charm to the game,
    Quick suggestion though, there should be a little more to them besides just faster swimming and being able to defend themselves.
    Also in the DAP (Design-A-Para) it would be cool if we could edit the shark eyes and teeth to many different ways we would like too.

You should also put this in the occult megathread which I believe is also the most popular forum post currently on the Paralives Hub.

Cheers!

1+
  • snek

August 29, 2019 at 6:52 pm
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=4678]Sounds weird, but ultimately I believe this is a good idea because it would be original(mostly) and add lots of charm to the game,
    Quick suggestion though, there should be a little more to them besides just faster swimming and being able to defend themselves.
    Also in the DAP (Design-A-Para) it would be cool if we could edit the shark eyes and teeth to many different ways we would like too.

You should also put this in the occult megathread which I believe is also the most popular forum post currently on the Paralives Hub.

Cheers!

[/quote]

Thanks for your response! Those ideas are great! I’m not sure of what else they could do, to keep the occult rated Teen. However, as said in the original post, if they were to be included, i’d hope they could communicate with both sharks and human(type) paras.

Other things they might be able to do is: Move while sleeping, female shark occults reproducing asexually via an ability called parthenogenesis which allows them to reproduce without access to a mate, light sensitivity that is about 10 times greater than humans, giving them an ability similar to nightvision in cats, which lets them use their eyesight on things that are close to them in dark water.

By the occult megathread, do you mean https://paraliveshub.com/forum/topic/occults-life-states/ ?

1+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close