The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Sexuality acknowledgement

• Sexuality acknowledgement

• Amazing_Star

Pro Hubkin
    May 23, 2020 at 12:20 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I personally think that parafolks shouldn’t know about their sexuality when they are born. They would learn about their sexuality first in puberty (or at the age in which kids could have first romance, but Im guessing it would be puberty). They could of course learn it later in life, all depends on player I guess. They would learn it by experimenting.

So now I will explain:

Lets say parafolk A and parafolk B have kid, boy. The column of sexuality (or the place where would be sexuality written) would say “Questioning” which means that one is not sure about sexuality yet. Later in puberty our kid starts to date girl, but boy wouldnt be happy (there could be moodlet or pop up dialog saying it). So he would start dating a boy and his sexuality would show up as homosexual (or liking same gender, it depends how it is handled) It would be complicated if romantic attraction is in game. And also with demisexuality if its added (kinda hoping for it since Im demisexual myself)

Parafolk acknowledging his sexuality would add option for coming out or as Roxanne said on Discord: “Hey guys, I figured out something important about myself and want to share…”

It would be also nice for storytelling. And since there might be option for players to decide if they will choose sexuality of newborn or not, players that decide to not choose wouldnt know about their parafolk’s sexuality either.

This would also work for gender and it would’t be gender dysphoria though the systém would need to be little different

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    May 23, 2020 at 3:36 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I think this would be fine so long as it’s optional. I’d prefer to set my own Parafolks’ sexuality once they can begin to experience romance, but this would be cool for those who are interested in this kind of storytelling.

• Amazing_Star

Pro Hubkin
      May 23, 2020 at 6:20 pm
      Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
       Hub Points

I did forget to mention this. There would be two options for player, to choose sexuality or not to. If you choose, you would know it, but para still wouldn’t. So you could either start romance with gender your parafolks like or not, if you want to do some stories.

• amandac

Star Hubkin
    May 24, 2020 at 9:02 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

This is not a feature that I would play with/like, but it would be nice to have as an option for those who do.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now