The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Relationship Chemistry

• Relationship Chemistry

• reilly

Pro Hubkin
    April 29, 2020 at 9:46 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeDiamond EggFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Relationships should build at different speeds depending on how well they’re traits would mesh. Or, for an easier system, you could have zodiac signs based on your personality and that would influence your relationship. I think it would be cool to have relationships build at different speeds because some friends become best friends straight away. Also, I would like an interaction that really boosts your friendship really fast if I don’t feel like doing ‘Tell a joke about penguins’ 89 times. Maybe it could be a reward interaction if you have a system like the lifetime happiness system in sims 3.

• sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    April 29, 2020 at 11:37 pm
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I like the idea of like-minded parafolk getting along better, though I’m not sure how that should be executed. I don’t think it should be zodiac signs because they did that in ts2. I don’t think I’d want a super effective interaction to do repeatedly, it would be too tempting to form friendships like that every time and then storytelling goes out the window. Contradictory to what I was saying before about not making it ts2, in ts2 sims would get bored with your conversation if you did one interaction repeatedly, and I think that’s a good model for realism. I have always played according to this rule in later games so I never stopped to find out if I actually had to.

• ParalivesandthePauper

Parafolk
    April 30, 2020 at 7:22 am
    Friendship BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

It would be interesting to see how a chemistry system would work in this game. I don’t want my parafolks to all be suddenly buddy buddy after a few interactions but I don’t want to make it impossible for them to make friends either. I would like to something along the lines of having a friendly chemistry and romantic chemistry. Like IRL, you can hit it off with strangers on a friendly level based on things like hobbies, interests, goals/aspirations etc. and others based on romantic levels. Not sure if sexuality has been a confirmed feature but I would like that to take into account as well.

• amandac

Star Hubkin
    April 30, 2020 at 10:18 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I would love some kind of chemistry system. I remember in TS2, I was playing this family and concentrating on the mom and dad when all of a sudden I saw their son rush down the stairs and out the door so I followed him. There was another sim passing by (one I had created a while back and had forgotten about) and he rushed out to talk to her. Well, they talked and hung out until morning – no prompting from me. They finally said goodbye and he went to sleep. When he woke up, he got the wish to go on a date with her. I remembered then that she was engaged already.They went on a date and triple bolted after their first (good night) kiss. She called off the engagement, married this guy and lived happily ever after. That’s the kind of chemistry I would like to see in Paralives.

• Amazing_Star

Pro Hubkin
    May 1, 2020 at 12:09 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I would also like one sided friendships and frenemy. Some relationships could be somehow specific – like broships.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now