Paralives Forums

Welcome to The Paralives Forums, powered by The Paralives Hub network, where fans from across the world come together to discuss all aspects of Paralives. This is a fan community. Any opinions shared on this website are solely the opinion of the user and do not represent the Paralives brand.

Paralives Hub Forums General Ideas Re-asign controls?

• Re-asign controls?

Profile Photo

I’d like to be able to change which buttons do what. Flexibility like this can make things more convenient, gives me more control over how I play, and this feature could possibly allow the use of other kinds of controllers. I don’t think I need gamepad support or anything, but it would be cool if I could use the extra gaming buttons on my mouse.

Even if I couldn’t use my extra buttons/controllers, I’d be happy to be able to change keyboard shortcuts so that they align more closely with games I’m more familiar with. Like in Diablo 3 I think “T” is town portal and “M” is the map, so in Path of Exile I reconfigured the controls so that my town portal spell I found is trigured by “T” and the quest screen which is similar to D3’s map screen is “M”. Otherwise I’m hitting the wrong buttons by instinct because I’ve been playing D3 on and off since I was 15 and POE a short time. Simulation games are completely different, but I think it’s a reasonable prediction that I’ll default to Sims controls that I’ve been using since I was 9 whilst playing Paralives, and with this feature I could save myself some headache.

I don’t know what functions I’d change yet, we don’t have an idea yet of functions or controls, but I think it would be cool if I could change them at my convenience. What do you guys think?

amandac replied 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • This would be a great option for those interested. I’m a very simple player – point and click is my choice.

Posted April 10, 2021 at 11:17 am