The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Random Events and Life Changing Situations

• Random Events and Life Changing Situations

gamedomino updated 1 year, 9 months ago 9 Members · 11 Posts
  • Breedmond

Moderator January 2, 2020 at 9:17 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I was thinking that it would be nice if random unexpected things could happen to your Para just to shake their lives up a bit and make game play more interesting. It may not be possible or complicated to do, I don’t know. The situations can be life changing. For example, there is a knock at the door and when your Para opens the door there is a baby on the door step and no one else around. You then have to decide how to handle the situation. Keep baby, call police etc etc. Or just minor events that do not have much impact. For example your Para receives a phone call. A friend asks for help with a yard sale if you help you get part of the profit. Of course there are millions of situations possible.

• Fruit Tingler

Parafolk
    January 7, 2020 at 8:56 pm
    Picture PerfectFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=6395]I was thinking that it would be nice if random unexpected things could happen to your Para just to shake their lives up a bit and make game play more interesting. It may not be possible or complicated to do, I don’t know. The situations can be life changing. For example, there is a knock at the door and when your Para opens the door there is a baby on the door step and no one else around. You then have to decide how to handle the situation. Keep baby, call police etc etc. Or just minor events that do not have much impact. For example your Para receives a phone call. A friend asks for help with a yard sale if you help you get part of the profit. Of course there are millions of situations possible.

[/quote]

I like the idea of perhaps having opportunities come up for career, skills or romance. Maybe a random break-in or an earthquake even?

I do like the idea of the baby at the doorstep. It would need to be ultra-rare though, but I guess all of them would have to be rare-ish.

• Breedmond

Moderator January 7, 2020 at 9:03 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

Yes, very rare. It would be a surprise when something major happens. Some players may never experience certain events.

• SmallestPolarBear

Noteworthy Newcomer
    January 9, 2020 at 5:52 pm
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

but it should be possible to force them to happen through cheats

• Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    January 9, 2020 at 9:50 pm
     Hub Points

What about a “Chaos” slider?
    Say, it goes 1.0-10.0, and defaults at like 4. The higher it goes, the more frequent and more impactful the random events are. At 10 they just get ridiculous like “A robber came while you were away and cleared out your entire house”, “All of your co-workers get fired”, “5 babies show up on your door”, “You win $1B in the lottery”, “You get scammed and are now part of a pyramid scheme”, etc etc.

• Breedmond

Moderator January 10, 2020 at 8:26 pm
     Hub Points

I love that idea Jinxin. Everyone will then have the choice how they want to play their game. I personally don’t like to use cheats . This is a great alternative.

• luseda1

Parafolk
    January 14, 2020 at 4:02 pm
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Yes, random events would be a lot of fun and help the town feel more alive. Some ideas I have for them:

You find a litter of one or more orphaned kittens/puppies. You can take them in (whether permanently, or to look after them until a home can be found), take them to a shelter or ignore them. Perhaps sometimes if you ignore them long enough, you can see the mom actually does return and move the baby/babies elsewhere. Otherwise, the litter wanders off. You might see them again later as strays, or someone else’s pet/s. If you have children that like that sort of animal at all (a kid that hates dogs won’t want to keep a puppy), or animals in general, they’re very likely to beg to keep the animals and will be disappointed if you don’t.

In a cemetery with deco graves (that don’t belong to any particular deceased para), you can occasionally find a funeral party gathered around one of the deco graves. You can do something to disrupt it if you’re playing a jerk, but it’s mostly there for ambiance and it might give your para moodlets.

You’ll also find individual and groups of mourners at a grave occasionally. For a non-deco grave that belongs to a para, the mourners will always be people who knew and liked them, with the exception of celebrity graves if celebrities are a thing. Random people turn up at celebrity graves from time to time. Unlike in the sims, not all mourners act alike and stand there loudly crying- some sit quietly in reflection, some talk to the grave, some leave flowers or other offerings and tidy things up, etc. You can wait until they’re gone and steal the flowers or offerings, if you so choose, but if anyone notices you doing that your relationship will take a big hit (with most people, anyway. Evil parafolk might not care)

I’d love to see other people’s ideas for random events we could have

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    January 29, 2020 at 9:00 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I think having a random baby on a doorstep would be amazing for gameplay but like another said it should be in very rare cases.

If I may To your list of ideas? what if kleptomaniacs are a part of personalities those paras could go in other paras mailboxes and steal peoples mail or packages off their porch, then the recipient could then call the police or confront the neighbor but the neighbor denies they stole anything.

Power going out during a thunderstorm or snow storms

Paras sneaking into their friends home when they’re away and making a mess of things

Neighbors come over to ask for ingredients and friends could ask to borrow money

EMS appearing at neighbors or community lots if a para falls out from lack of sleep or dehydration.

Two paras fighting over the same para they both like causing them to be enemies if either one dates them.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  cakeefeatured.
  • Gentle

February 3, 2020 at 11:44 pm
     Hub Points

I think that things like opportunities to meet others and go elsewhere through work and school would be really cool! Like an exchange trip to a different school, or a company getaway.

In terms of relationships i think that random divorces would be strange, but maybe if your paraperson suddenly changes, or has little contact with their spouse/partner for a long time then their relationship could become unstable? I think cheating instantly would make a relationship unstable, but prolonged loyalty.

In terms of things that would be completely random I have a few:
    Pests,
    Stray animals,
    Infestations,
    Scams,
    Losing small items,
    Abandoned babies,
    Power outages,
    Floods,
    Theft,
    Vandalisation,
    Finding someones lost wallet, purse etc,
    Deaths of distant friends and relatives,
    Illnesses from school or work,
    This may be a bit upsetting for some, and would probably need to be optional, but I think having terminal illnesses would add a bit more weight to the game.
    MIscarriages,
    Pregnancies,
    Maybe having a distant disaster, be that a murder, and attack, or a natural disaster, might make the paras want to donate to charities, or make them fearful.

• jos?

February 11, 2020 at 1:18 am
     Hub Points

I think it would be neat if we could add the realistic sides of being a teen or pre-teen. Like for instance a girl having her first menstrual, that could be considered a special event maybe? It is a big change in teens, and it could bring along new emotions or feelings, maybe even the beloved zits we all love. ( I know zits were an option in Sims2 if you had a cheat enabled) And if the gradual aging gets added into the game that would be neat because then the girl and boy could grow and change throughout their teen years. The teen boys could have something like their voice changing to a deeper tone when they become a teen. Or not even the day they age to a teen, maybe randomly, because everyone is not the same. So I guess like puberty could be some kind of event, or a milestone-type-thing.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now