The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Radio stations

• Radio stations

Clara J updated 6 months, 1 week ago 10 Members · 26 Posts
  • Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    July 14, 2019 at 11:57 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

Yup! Paralives will be coming later on y’all. So we all need some more music styles.

🍐Base Game🍐
    Stereo

• Pop 🎤
    • Electronica 🎧
    • Rock 🎸
    • Kids 🖍️
    • Latin 🌴
    • Blues 💽
    • Classical 🎹

Non Radio Stations

• Title 🕹️
    • Map View 🗺️
    • Create A Parafolk/Pets 👨‍👩‍👦
    • Build Mode 🔨

✈️Vacation✈️

• World ⛩️
    • Reggae 🇬🇳
    • Calypso 🏝️
    • Baroque 🎻

🛍️Business/Hobby🛍️

• Easy Listening 🎵
    • Jazz 🎺
    • Retro Tunes 🕶️

Nightlife/Fame
    Stereo

• Hip-Hop 💵
    • R&B ❤️
    • Soul 🌹
    • Disco 🕺🏿

DJ Booth

• House 〰️
    • Drum n’ Bass 🔊
    • Dubstep ⚡
    • Funky Disco 🦱
    • Old-School Rap 💲
    • Slow Ballad 💘

🐹Pets🐹

• Country 🐴
    • Rockabilly 👨‍🎤
    • Singer-Songwriter 🎼

Weather/Magic

• Christmas 🎄
    • New-Age 🌞
    • Beach 🏖️
    • Halloween 🎃

🎓College/Social🎓

• College Rock 👓
    • Indie 🎶
    • Talk Radio 💬

This is the info of radio stations having some music styles

• Pop features more dance and rock elements
    • Electronica has techno, house, and EDM sounds
    • Latin incorporates salsa and Latin American music
    • World has plenty of multicultural music (Chinese, Japanese, African, Arabic, Egyptian, Indian etc.)
    • Reggae incorporates more ska sounds and little bit of dancehall music
    • Retro Tunes incorporates elements of 1980s freestyle, new wave, and new jack swing music
    • Hip-Hop has 1990s/classic rap and trap music
    • R&B has slow jam vibes and smooth jazz elements
    • Soul has doo-wop and Northern soul stylings
    • Disco features more 1970s and 1980s funky disco sounds
    • Singer-Songwriter incorporates folk-rock and acoustic guitar music
    • New-Age features more elements of celtic and ambient music.
    • Beach incorporates tropical, surf, and tropical house music

What do you think?

6+
  • Wed

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 15, 2019 at 1:51 am
     Hub Points

Seems about what I would’ve imagined. Pop is definitely a given. I want some dark music myself, but I do love electronica, so I’m hoping for that one, too. Alex does seem open to having nightclubs in the game, so I imagine electronica/dance is a given.

• Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    July 15, 2019 at 2:02 am
     Hub Points
    quote wed post_id=10 time=1563155472 user_id=50:

Seems about what I would’ve imagined. Pop is definitely a given. I want some dark music myself, but I do love electronica, so I’m hoping for that one, too. Alex does seem open to having nightclubs in the game, so I imagine electronica/dance is a given.

Very well, well maybe Halloween features dark music in it, and electronica could incorporate techno, dance, and house music.

• Wed

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 15, 2019 at 2:21 am
     Hub Points

I can accept that. Sounds good, so far.

• Paralives Hub (JP)

Admin July 15, 2019 at 7:13 am
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

Welcome and thanks for posting Jeremia!

• Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    July 16, 2019 at 3:52 am
     Hub Points
    quote JP post_id=13 time=1563174795 user_id=48:

Welcome and thanks for posting Jeremia!

Thanks JP!

• Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    July 16, 2019 at 10:58 pm
     Hub Points

Here’s an update about how we want all music styles in radio stations.

• Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    July 18, 2019 at 11:48 pm
     Hub Points

Suggestions?

• altaa-ira

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 19, 2019 at 2:13 am
    Trendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

What if we had the freedom to create our own radio channels by simply adding the folders and filling them with our own mp3 music? All that have been mentioned sounds promising ideas so far but to me, the world music genre may be a bit problematic, for example. As the hardcore fan of the non-English music around the world, I would prefer putting my Bollywood soundtracks, Iranian and Arabic rock & pop, J-pop & anison music with all their diverse subgenrens, K-pop & and the actual traditional folk music like Native American, Sufi and celtic music to their own separated channels.

In the same vein, the players could remove all the channels they prefer not having in their games. Does this sound reasonable?

3+
  • Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    July 19, 2019 at 4:00 am
     Hub Points
    quote altaa.ira post_id=119 time=1563502429 user_id=152:

What if we had the freedom to create our own radio channels by simply adding the folders and filling them with our own mp3 music? All that have been mentioned sounds promising ideas so far but to me, the world music genre may be a bit problematic, for example. As the hardcore fan of the non-English music around the world, I would prefer putting my Bollywood soundtracks, Iranian and Arabic rock & pop, J-pop & anison music with all their diverse subgenrens, K-pop & and the actual traditional folk music like Native American, Sufi and celtic music to their own separated channels.

In the same vein, the players could remove all the channels they prefer not having in their games. Does this sound reasonable?

Great idea! Well here’s world, pop, baroque, and new-age.

• altaa-ira

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 19, 2019 at 9:02 am
    Trendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Pardon me my stupidity but what do you mean by baroque in this context? To me, it’s the term for the certain historical music and art period before neo classical era and is considered as the subgenre of the classical music genre such as romantique and impressionism. In addition, baroque pop is the separate term for the certain pop(ular) music in which is used the same kind of musical structure as the classical baroque. The famous examples of this category are the Beatles’ “Yesterday” and Fool’s Garden’s “Lemon Tree”. Otherwise, never heard of that term. And I though to be a kind of music nerd. :<

About the new age: as a big fan of it also, I find it a bit strange to include music which is generally speaking considered as part of it without hestitation. I refer to the artists/musical projects such as Enigma, Era and Karl Jenkin’s Adiemus whose music is inspired by both classical and ethnic world music. On the contrary, Enya is more controversial; can we consider Enya’s music new age which she has personally disavowed?

Sorry for this kind of nitpicking. I’m thinking of this carefully because of my personal liking of the favorite music feature in ts3. I like to create characters of various ethicies. It would be nice to make some of my characters like music of their own country, not just world music genre. I know this by experience: I have people in my family circle who prefer listening only the music sang in their native language They could never even consider listening voluntarily to the music containing lyrics they don’t understand at all. You can only imagine how much my music taste has been criticised due to this aspect…

• Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    July 19, 2019 at 4:19 pm
     Hub Points
    quote altaa.ira post_id=124 time=1563526921 user_id=152:

Pardon me my stupidity but what do you mean by baroque in this context? To me, it’s the term for the certain historical music and art period before neo classical era and is considered as the subgenre of the classical music genre such as romantique and impressionism. In addition, baroque pop is the separate term for the certain pop(ular) music in which is used the same kind of musical structure as the classical baroque. The famous examples of this category are the Beatles’ “Yesterday” and Fool’s Garden’s “Lemon Tree”. Otherwise, never heard of that term. And I though to be a kind of music nerd. :< About the new age: as a big fan of it also, I find it a bit strange to include music which is generally speaking considered as part of it without hestitation. I refer to the artists/musical projects such as Enigma, Era and Karl Jenkin's Adiemus whose music is inspired by both classical and ethnic world music. On the contrary, Enya is more controversial; can we consider Enya's music new age which she has personally disavowed? Sorry for this kind of nitpicking. I'm thinking of this carefully because of my personal liking of the favorite music feature in ts3. I like to create characters of various ethicies. It would be nice to make some of my characters like music of their own country, not just world music genre. I know this by experience: I have people in my family circle who prefer listening only the music sang in their native language They could never even consider listening voluntarily to the music containing lyrics they don't understand at all. You can only imagine how much my music taste has been criticised due to this aspect...

Ah ha

• Paralives Hub (JP)

Admin July 19, 2019 at 4:35 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

Pretty sure this might have already been suggested, but I would think a cool feature would be to connect Spotify to the game’s radio. Not sure what the legalities would be like for this though.

• Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    July 20, 2019 at 6:22 am
     Hub Points
    quote JP post_id=134 time=1563554137 user_id=48:

Pretty sure this might have already been suggested, but I would think a cool feature would be to connect Spotify to the game’s radio. Not sure what the legalities would be like for this though.

Great!

• Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    July 24, 2019 at 12:37 am
     Hub Points

It also gonna feature some music themes for map, build mode, and character creator as well. And even DJ stations such as, House, Drum n’ Bass, Dubstep, Funky Disco, Old-School Rap, and Slow Ballad for the nightlife content.

• Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    July 31, 2019 at 1:08 am
     Hub Points

Here’s an update for the info about hip hop music.

• dooble-dorf

August 8, 2019 at 10:00 pm
     Hub Points

This kinda reminds me of how Euro Truck Simulator 2 does its radio. In that game you can add internet radio stations and have them play in game. This would give Paralives limitless music options without the developer having to obtain music licences.

1+
  • Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    August 9, 2019 at 11:10 pm
     Hub Points
    quote Dooble Dorf” post_id=467 time=1565301642 user_id=389:

This kinda reminds me of how Euro Truck Simulator 2 does its radio. In that game you can add internet radio stations and have them play in game. This would give Paralives limitless music options without the developer having to obtain music licences.

You’ll see

• Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    August 19, 2019 at 2:10 am
     Hub Points

UPDATE: The theme songs from Paralives are added to the list

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    September 5, 2019 at 5:20 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I hope there are “commercial breaks” in between songs in paras language it would be so cute!

• Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    September 27, 2019 at 2:17 am
     Hub Points

[quote quote=4883]I hope there are “commercial breaks” in between songs in paras language it would be so cute!

[/quote]
    I’m not sure

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    October 4, 2019 at 5:52 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

Opera
    Radio Drama (like Orson Wells 1930s war of the worlds story that got broadcasted on the radio. Could give para’s moodlets)
    Bedtime Stories (like Grimm fairy-tale stories told for kids and adult paras which could give them moodlets)
    Talk show/interview
    24/7 News
    Children’s radio (happy stories for toddlers and kid paras)
    Educational (could be sub categorized into different skills and para’s could learn skills from this station)

1+
  • Melli

October 6, 2019 at 10:21 pm
    Friendship Badge
     Hub Points

I would still hope that some of the music came with the cd as i may not be able to download music to Paralives

1+
  • amandac

Star Hubkin
    October 31, 2019 at 10:21 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

What I would really like is if the paras could dance to the beat of the music that’s playing.

2+
  • crabwhatalad

Star Hubkin
    January 5, 2020 at 8:16 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond EggFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I honestly really want alternative, indie and emo music in the game. Music taste is so important for many people’s personalities so a bigger mix of genres is needed not just pop so I completely agree with this post.

1+
  • Clara J

Noteworthy Newcomer
    April 18, 2020 at 3:12 pm
    Friendship BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Me I’m not into Rap music much, but I still hated that in TS4 they still don’t really have much for the stereos, for your Sims to play, and sometimes I like to have a character that likes rap you know!

Also like heavy metal music of different kinds too, which there is different ones, like darker stuff like Marilyn Manson or Rob Zombie, but than also older rock like AC/DC or Ozzy Osbourne, and newer ones too! And they actually don’t have that in TS4, I don’t think all rock should be tossed together, but than I also feel that other music needs more of its own spots too! I know they can’t do a bit of everything, but it’s just many stations that play really heavy metal music, only play that, while others only play what is kind of a softer rock, not pop rock either, but still rock!

I actually love lots of different styles of music, like the above, but also Adele, Pink, even some Lady GaGa depends on my mood, lol! I also like classical, disco, jazz, new wave, electronica, and I really love Celtic music or any old or new Irish or Scottish music! I admit I don’t listen to Asian music or Middle Eastern or Japanese style music, but I do think it’s important to include them, but maybe actually not cram them in with each other, that way we can listen and no which is which, at least for someone like myself who don’t normally listen to it, it could make fans out of people like me to get to hear it and know what type it is!

I know I love Enya music and Yanni music for years, I can really relax to their stuff, so that kind of music I would enjoy too!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close