The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Paralives Discussion Private schools ideas

• Private schools ideas

NHFoodie updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago 9 Members · 15 Posts
  • MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    January 17, 2020 at 3:29 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Miltary ones (for bad kids)
    Preppy
    Arts (either an all-in-one arts school, or two different art schools one of which is performing arts)
    Other

some ideas: Children (or their parents) can have the choice to board at the school or stay home and be what’s called a “Day student”.
    If they choose the boarding option they have the choice to either stay at the school or come home for the holidays (except for Summer where they have to come home)

if we via our Paras politicians can chose how to “affect the world” the ability for the government to fund the private schools so that even poor kids can go to it without problems (aka Weasly family

• This discussion was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  MagaCarter.
    19+
  • Breedmond

Moderator January 17, 2020 at 6:13 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I like the boarding school idea. What about having the option to home school the Para children as well. Para parents would then have to sign up by the government and maybe pass a test to show that they are capable to educate their children themselves until a certain age.

4+
  • MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    April 28, 2020 at 8:02 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

[quote quote=6647]I like the boarding school idea. What about having the option to home school the Para children as well. Para parents would then have to sign up by the government and maybe pass a test to show that they are capable to educate their children themselves until a certain age.

[/quote]

yeah

oh if it’s a boarding school like UK maybe hard-working teams could be designated as a prefect or head boy/girl?

5+
  • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    April 28, 2020 at 11:26 pm
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Would the boarding school be a rabbit hole, another building in town you can access in the open world, or a separate-by-loading-screen new location?

3+
  • MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    April 28, 2020 at 11:44 pm
     Hub Points

[quote quote=8498]Would the boarding school be a rabbit hole, another building in town you can access in the open world, or a separate-by-loading-screen new location?

[/quote]

hadn’t really thought too deeply into the subject

3+
  • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    April 28, 2020 at 11:56 pm
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=8501]

Would the boarding school be a rabbit hole, another building in town you can access in the open world, or a separate-by-loading-screen new location?

[/quote]
    I just wondered how it would work in the open world. I’m wondering if by sending my children to boarding school am I sending them away out of my control, am I micro-managing them 2 streets over which doesn’t change a lot from regular play, or am I switching back and forth ts4 style? Boarding school has the potential to be very different, depending on how it works regarding location and control.

3+
  • MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    April 29, 2020 at 7:54 am
     Hub Points

[quote quote=8503]

I just wondered how it would work in the open world. I’m wondering if by sending my children to boarding school am I sending them away out of my control, am I micro-managing them 2 streets over which doesn’t change a lot from regular play, or am I switching back and forth ts4 style? Boarding school has the potential to be very different, depending on how it works regarding location and control.

[/quote]

some of the talk was you could choose to stay behind with the parents or follow the para child/teen to boarding school

4+
  • Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    April 30, 2020 at 10:31 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

[quote quote=8507]

some of the talk was you could choose to stay behind with the parents or follow the para child/teen to boarding school

[/quote]

From what we know at the moment, it feels like it would probably be a rabbit hole.

3+
  • Para-shawnna

Parafolk
    May 2, 2020 at 11:52 pm
    Friendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

what if it worked a little like TS4 on the family bar it showed who was on that lot and the sims that wasn’t on the lot you could like click a button and see what there doing and pick what they did. (ex. instead of working hard you pick work normal or chat with co-workers) so that is how you would see what your para that is in boarding school is doing.

3+
  • Dizzardy

High Hubkin
    May 9, 2020 at 4:59 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I feel like if schools are going to be rabbit holes there’s a good opportunity here to have different types of public and private schools available.

If they’re not rabbit holes then I think that would lessen how in-depth you could go with this.

In a way I kinda like the idea of a boarding school NOT being a rabbit hole though…and being kinda like “college for kids”. I’m not sure how feasible playable schools would be though.

Also, obviously it wouldn’t be in the base game….but in a potential supernatural expansion if you had child/teen vampires it would be cool if there was a vampire (or supernatural) school you could send them to at night.

3+
    • MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
      May 9, 2020 at 6:06 pm
       Hub Points

I kind of want non-occult kids to go to boarding school as well as occult kids. Maybe there should be a chance cards when the kids turn into teens asking if they want to be a prefect or not?

2+
  • 17BeersandaWhore

Noteworthy Newcomer
    September 3, 2020 at 4:10 pm
    Picture Perfect
     Hub Points

I would absolutely love the idea of private schools and a system that allows us to actually have the choice to influence our para’s educational success.

I like the idea for the different schools, and the only school I would add would be a “Trade” School, so paras Can focus on my n building traits based off of their personality traits/life experiences that consequently affected their decisions down the road.

On another note, rabbit bite private schools should definitely be the option vs. being able to control them at school. If anything, private schools has been a great way for managing a household in the sense that your kids “aren’t there.” It would be amazing to have the option of enrolling your Paras into a school which they leave on Summer and Holiday breaks, but spend majority of their time away at school, building skills and preparing for graduation.

I’m really hoping for a system that not only allows us to be a direct influence, but also work as a “helper” to further our Paras success.

A way I thought of balancing this out so we’re just not sending our kids away to have more free time (or so one may romance the handsome gardener) is holding the parents/grandparents/legal guardian accountable for the schooling fees:

1. Child’s academic studies should dependent on:

-Grades

-Application Success

-Parent’s Money

•Each “month” Paras pay for room and board and tuition fees.

•If fees are not met, maybe have the private schools offer a 1 week extension IF the Para is academically in good standing. However, the extension doesn’t need to always have a success rate. This will give players like me who are storytellers the tools needed to start a story line without having to rely solely on our imagination.

2. In the event of the chance death of both Para’s parents, there should be a point where we are able to choose whom the guardianship transfers to.

3. In the event Para finds themselves in academic probation, consequences should be enforced to make sure the schooling experience isn’t a walk in the park.

4. Parenting homeschooling should require Paras to invest into the “Parenting Skill” in order to have the intellectual depth to teach kids. If the Para works on this skill and has mastered any other skill branches, the Para should have the opportunity to bestow “some” skill as a bonus to being able to “mentor” and a satisfaction perk of being able to pass down learned skills. Furthermore, there should be a criteria that Paras must meet if Homeschooled. What I mean is both Paras (child and parent) are held accountable for the Para’s success. E.g, have a certain amount of hours that need to be completed throughout the week. For example, Para must meet 32 Para hours “active” in “school” and that can be accomplished by doing HW, being taught by a parents, taking notes, or independent study through books or online work.

5. I know this is asking for a lot, but if they decide to have an open-world School, then the teacher career should be able to teach. I don’t mind if it a rabbit hole though.

I also know this is a lot to ask for, so I’m just hoping that I’ll be able to see SOME of this in Paralives.

-17Beers&aWhore

3+
    • NHFoodie

Moderator September 3, 2020 at 6:55 pm
      Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation Badge
       Hub Points

Whether boarding school or not I’d love for a few types of school options to be available for all Para children. Or being able to choose which classes they take in upper grade levels so that they develop certain skills more than others.

1+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    September 3, 2020 at 5:06 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I really like the idea of having different private schools. The only thing I’m not sure about would be the idea of military school being tied to poor behavior. I think all different school types should be available for everyone. But aside from that I like the ideas presented.

Being able to stay at a boarding school would be cool too. I’d like if kids could write home to their parents if they choose to stay on school grounds.

4+
    • NHFoodie

Moderator September 3, 2020 at 7:00 pm
      Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation Badge
       Hub Points

This is a good point! Perhaps there’s something else that happens if grades are consistently failing, like a child has to get a tutor or attend summer school.

2+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close