The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Pregnancy & Babies

• Pregnancy & Babies

bailey updated 6 months ago 9 Members · 13 Posts
  • Abby12

Noteworthy Newcomer
    April 19, 2020 at 6:43 pm
    Friendship Badge
     Hub Points

Hey everyone!
    I love family gameplay but the sims would get boring because of how monotonous babies and pregnancies were. I would love it if there were more in-depth details in paralives. It would be awesome if say, a pregnant para could visit the doctor/midwife (rabbit hole) and come back with an ultrasound photo. It would be so cool if we could have gender reveal parties or baby showers or something to bring some excitement into the pregnancy. I also would love if birth was slightly more in-depth (within reason, all PG) in that you could choose where to have the baby and there could be events popping up or something. Also, I know it’s been stressed before but babies shouldn’t be objects!!!!! They should actually be fun and crawl, cuddle, play, bond with parents, breastfeed, etc.
    Thanks so much!! 🙂

20+
  • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    April 20, 2020 at 12:03 am
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I never really thought about pregnancy in the sims, I just waited for it to be over. I like the ultrasound idea and baby showers! It’s been confirmed that babies won’t be objects. I’d love to see babies crawling and playing and the other stuff you said too.

13+
  • Aibas(Ahmed Saddig)

Pro Hubkin
    April 20, 2020 at 8:26 am
    Friendship BadgeDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

more interaction and more activities during pregnancy is definitely a must for me!

6+
  • amandac

Star Hubkin
    April 20, 2020 at 9:52 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

It would be nice to have baby showers, gender reveal parties, etc. Also, handing the baby over to another para and never putting the baby on the floor. Different outfits for the newborns would be nice too. Some babies could be bald and some with a little or a lot of hair.

11+
  • Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    April 20, 2020 at 10:12 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

#freethebaby

6+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    April 20, 2020 at 2:45 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

It’s already been confirmed that babies wouldn’t be “objects” in this game. I’d like to see depth to baby gameplay as well. Such as all of the “firsts”, first time crawling, walking, first word, first time eating solid food, etc. I’d also hope we get ultra sounds which could lead to baby showers and gender reveal parties. I really wonder how many babies we’ll be able to have. It would be cool if we could pull an octomom and have octuplets XD

6+
  • Dulce_Delight

Parafolk
    April 21, 2020 at 12:56 am
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I like the idea of a more in depth pregnancy run in the sims you just play for a few days and then its over sometimes you just forget they were pregnant in the first place. I think the ability to play with you baby or carry them around would be nice so they don’t just sit in their crib like a glorified decoration.

3+
  • Aibas(Ahmed Saddig)

Pro Hubkin
    April 21, 2020 at 3:36 pm
     Hub Points

i just want the feeling of having a baby instead of an extra burden…

1+
  • ParalivesandthePauper

Noteworthy Newcomer
    April 22, 2020 at 10:50 am
    Friendship BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I think and im hoping im not wrong but I could see Paralives taking a bit more of an impactful route with gameplay. One of the things people loved about Sims 2 was its attention to detail. In Paralives, it would be rather interesting to see how pregnancy will play out. I’m hoping that pregnancy will be more impactful and meaningful to our parafolks lives. Think more along the lines of it being an experience than something that just happens.

For example, having our paras go to the doctors for an ultrasound visit to find out the gender of their baby or babies. Having other paras interact with the pregnant para by rubbing their belly and listening for any sounds or feeling and kicks. Then as time goes on a baby shower is thrown to celebrate the up and coming para to be with the parents having friends and family come and bring food and gifts to celebrate the occasion. Of course I don’t expect it to be a walk or in this case, waddle, in the park for paras. I’m sure there will be a few ups and downs like morning sickness and cravings and things of that nature.

As for the babies themselves I’m glad to hear that babies won’t be objects. One thing I think that other games might’ve overlooked or oversimplified is that babies and toddlers are not the same. Toddlers are more developed and are able to do much more but babies can still do things too like play with rattles, play with building blocks or crawl around on the floor. It would be really cool if we were given playpens and bouncers too.

6+
  • Aibas(Ahmed Saddig)

Pro Hubkin
    April 22, 2020 at 1:29 pm
     Hub Points

This is irrelevant, and embarrassing at the same time…. how do i make my own post? i did one ages but i can’t seem to find how to do it 🙁

• amandac

Star Hubkin
    April 22, 2020 at 6:03 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

[quote quote=8340]This is irrelevant, and embarrassing at the same time…. how do i make my own post? i did one ages but i can’t seem to find how to do it 🙁

[/quote]

You go the section you want to post (ex. Gameplay & Simulation). Scroll towards the bottom (under the word advertisement) of the page and click on “create a new topic in Gameplay & Simulation .”

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  amandac.
  • Rosie

Helpful Hubkin
    April 23, 2020 at 12:36 am
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation Badge
     Hub Points

I love all of the ideas for babies listed here. It would make things more realistic and applicable to the characters and families. I wonder, will there be an option to put babies up for adoption or be a surrogate??

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    April 25, 2020 at 4:13 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Something I thought of the other day, I hope that we’ll be able to see a baby before we give them a name. My reasoning for this is because I want to see the baby’s hair and eye colors before naming them, because that might influence the name I choose for them.

Example: I have a couple where the male Para has red hair and blue eyes while his wife has brown hair and brown eyes. If they have a boy and they’re a blue eyed redhead, I might just want to make them a Jr., but if I don’t get to see them beforehand to see that, I could end up giving them a different name. Now I’m sure there would be a way to change names in Paramaker after a Para is born, but I still think it would be nice to see the baby before naming them.

1+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close