The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Popularity

• Popularity

Calarand updated 1 year, 7 months ago 8 Members · 9 Posts
  • reilly

Pro Hubkin
    April 15, 2020 at 7:13 am
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeDiamond EggFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

This isn’t really one of my main needs for simulation games, but I thought it would be fun.
    For kids/teens in school, they could have popularity levels. Say if he/she had many friends and relationships with all of them, they would be very popular, but if they only have three or four they would only be slightly popular and so on. Maybe you could have a popularity level next to how well you’re doing in your school if you can see that, and maybe even for an adult with a job as well. This could increase how fast you make relationships with others if you’re popular and even have certain emotions like maybe feel tense or stressed about being popular or sad because you’re unpopular. Just some small ideas for more in-depth school because I feel that was missing in other games. I would also like afterschool activities too.

• luno

Noteworthy Newcomer
    April 15, 2020 at 1:53 pm
    Picture Perfect
     Hub Points

I think that’d be pretty cool! I think it should be something with a toggle (or a DLC) but having popularity or reputation would be a really cool implementation in the game. Like the more friends you have, the nicer you are and how to interact with people impact how your Para is perceived. But again yeah I agree, not a necessity just a cool idea!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  luno.
  • Nati123elo

April 15, 2020 at 4:09 pm
     Hub Points

Spoko????treść

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    April 15, 2020 at 6:50 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I think a popularity meter for school students could be fun. Pehaps kids could vary in how much they care about their popularity based on their personalities.

• Aibas(Ahmed Saddig)

Pro Hubkin
    April 15, 2020 at 7:12 pm
    Friendship BadgeDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

definitely a fun idea! i like it, i think it might be a popular idea if it’s brought up in the future too

• sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    April 16, 2020 at 4:53 am
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I… think that popularity is not something I want in the game. To me this is the kind of thing I play to escape from. You can’t have popularity without exclusion. I also don’t think parafolk should be punished for being introverts. “Reputation” as in “renown” could be a mechanic I can get behind, but I wouldn’t rank my paras by popularity or penalise obscurity. I like afterschool activities though.

• Gaynor

Paraling
    April 16, 2020 at 5:25 am
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I agree with Sweet Chilli…This is something I try to escape from. Also, being popular doesn’t necessarily mean nice and being nice doesn’t always make you popular. I would be on board with after school activities

• Aibas(Ahmed Saddig)

Pro Hubkin
    April 16, 2020 at 8:44 am
    Friendship BadgeDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

a reply to the previous concerns: i don’t think it’s meant to “punish” introverts for being introverted, i think it’s harmless for both you and your Parafolk! it’s really a good idea. it’s not meant to be a negative experience guys 🙂

• Calarand

Seasoned Hubkin
    April 16, 2020 at 2:58 pm
    Picture PerfectDiamond EggFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

As long as it remains optional, I’m all for it for being a part of the game for those who enjoy it. Absolutely.

Personally, I don’t really want that kind of gameplay because, as an introvert, I find any form of popularity to be extremely exhausting and even punishing if it is forced on me, be it in real life or in a game. Case in point: I own Get Famous for Sims and the first thing I do for all of my new sims is opt out of “the spotlight”. Would not buy the DLC at all if not for the build and buy mode items that came with it.

On a more philosophical level… popularity is not a merit of your value as a person, so I always cringe a little bit when games use that mechanic and try to tell me otherwise. Also, as an ex-teacher who has worked for years with teenagers, I saw just how harmful it is when a kid believes that not getting 1000 likes on their post means they are a worthless piece of trash.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now