The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Plots

• Plots

gamedomino updated 2 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 6 Posts
  • Giada

October 12, 2019 at 9:25 am
     Hub Points

Simple as it is I think any pre-made family should have a plot that gives to players the right ispiration to play with them. An incomplete plot that players, if they want, can carry out.

• gamedomino

Star Hubkin
    October 12, 2019 at 3:33 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I think you mean lot.

But yes, it would be nice for pre-made families to have lots that could be expanded upon, seeing as sims 4 pre-made lots have a habit of already being filled with… well, house. It would be nice if we had a bit more expandability with them, so I agree with this.

• Untamed

October 14, 2019 at 4:16 am
      Loyalty Badge
       Hub Points

No I really think Giada meant PLOTS and not lots. Like every family that is already there has its own little story, like the Sims 2 or 3, with unresolved family issues for example and a family tree that has been built up for a few generations already. Which obviously adds to the story of the game and neighborhood in general. And yes, sometimes its nice o have those when you don’t have inspiration or you are just tired of creating your own families.

• gamedomino

Star Hubkin
      October 14, 2019 at 4:39 am
      Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
       Hub Points

@Untamed ah yes, sorry, I’m dumb.

It should be “story plots” and I agree, this would be a cool idea to have them be “incomplete” so you actually have another reason to keep going on with a save file or a family generation, my only problem is how would the player choose this or would it just be random? If random some players would have problems if for example they made a real family and the incomplete plot was a problem unrelated to the people in real life, and choosing them could be problematic as well because that would mean he would have to make separate story lines for each “plot”, and due to this there would be a lot of AI coding.

Now on a unrelated note, it would be cool if you could share part of a lot with a family, as if it’s an actual plot. for example a family of 4’s parents in the game could give their teenage daughter a plot of their room, which actually makes it their room and they have control over it, so now they have authority over the room and everything inside the room is now officially theirs, perhaps an option for it to only count for furniture, because it would be weird for a teenager to own a literal room.

Well, cheers guys.

• Untamed

October 15, 2019 at 2:19 pm
      Loyalty Badge
       Hub Points

@gamedomin I like your ideas for sharing rooms! this could also be an idea for renting rooms or parts of a house, we should make that a new post!

also for the main topic, I think Giada just meant that PREmade families, already included into the game would have those plots, like in the sims where the only thing that sets the plot is the little description when you click on the family in the neighbor view. (Of course we don’t know yet if the neighbor system will be anything like the Sims, I don’t want to get annoying always making references about it but since it’s our only other reference I don’t know how to imagine this in another way, anyway)
      It would of course be nice if these little descriptions actually matched the parafolks, their traits and their family tree, or else it wouldn’t make sense.
      As for families made by the player, the player just has to add his/her own little description if he or she wants to.

For the plots of premade families it would be really nice if there was special gameplay associated with it. Again, I’m taking example from the sims but, I heard that the story of Bella Goth in the sis 2 was so elaborate that it was possible to dig some clues about the whole thing? (I didn’t play the sims 2 that much so I don’t know)
      Anyway all of that to say, it would be great if some specific families had a background so interesting/mysterious that it could actually change the gameplay a little bit for those families. Imagine if it was possible to find Bella Goth and bring her back in the sims 2 and discover what really happened! But maybe I’m pushing it too far?

• gamedomino

Star Hubkin
      October 15, 2019 at 4:13 pm
       Hub Points

@Untamed Ah yes, then I agree that should be in pre-made families, as it could be confusing if it were to be for every family (and also very complicated to make).

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now