The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Paralives Discussion PLAYABLE PETS

I PREFER PLAYABLE PETS

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Yes
  • No
  • PLAYABLE PETS

bailey updated 5 months, 1 week ago 13 Members · 15 Posts
  • Soml

Pro Hubkin
    May 5, 2020 at 11:59 am
    Picture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Personally I feel that it would be more life-like, fun and challenging to not be able to control our pets like our Parafolks.

I have no idea what the creators will decide for this, but I’m curious to know who feels the same way😊
    Though if the creators do decide to make the pets controllable, then I hope they at least make it an option 😉

4+
  • Tinci

Rising Hubkin
    May 5, 2020 at 12:49 pm
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgePicture PerfectFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I think it would be cool if we had an option to turn playable pets on and off.

11+
  • jomsims

Seasoned Hubkin
    May 5, 2020 at 1:19 pm
    Friendship BadgePicture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeDiamond EggTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

oh non i dont like playable pets. but i think to§ (Tinci) think it would be cool if we had an option to turn playable pets on and off

2+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    May 5, 2020 at 2:21 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I think they should be playable, but there should be settings so that anyone who doesn’t want to control them can just choose not to. I want to control everything in my game. I’m very much a control freak, so if something is living in my virtual house, I want control over it. I really don’t see a reason why we should be locked out of playing as pets when imo, the better solution would be to allow those two want control to have it and also make sure that those who don’t want control can avoid it.

9+
  • reilly

Pro Hubkin
    May 6, 2020 at 1:29 am
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeDiamond EggFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

It would be better to have them playable. Yes, some might prefer it this way, but they can simply not select them. By not making them playable, it is taking a huge part of gameplay away. We all saw how bad Cats and Dogs was when that release, but it was an expansion pack priced $40 so I would expected playable animals. I wouldn’t want to put too many expectations on such a small team of developers, but playing pets is one of my favorite things in Sims game, that’s why Sims 3 is my go-to game. Not much good can come out of nonplayable pets, but playable pets would be much appreciated. To form pets relationships with other pets would be great and also having jobs like one of the developers suggested I believe.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  reilly. Reason: It was rude to use that word chose
    1+
  • Aibas(Ahmed Saddig)

Pro Hubkin
    May 6, 2020 at 8:26 am
    Friendship BadgeDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=8697]It is stupid to not have them playable. Yes, some might prefer it this way, but they can simply not select them. By not making them playable, it is taking a huge part of gameplay away. We all saw how bad Cats and Dogs was when that release, but it was an expansion pack priced $40 so I would expected playable animals. I wouldn’t want to put too much expectations on such a small team of developers, but playing pets is one of my favorite things in Sims game, that’s why Sims 3 is my go-to game. Not much good can come out of nonplayable pets, but playable pets would be much appreciated. To form pets relationships with other pets would be great and also having jobs like one of the developers suggested I believe.

[/quote]
    Calling it stupid is kind of far fetched, it depends on what people want and what the developers can accomplish. Remember, this game isn’t a “Replacement” or an “All features missing in the Sims 4” type of game, it’s it’s own game and what the developers choose to do with it is not “stupid”. At the end of the day, if this is not chosen to be a feature, then the time spent developing it can go into refining or adding another feature that’s popular, so something good can come out of it.

Reminder, please be respectful with your language, not all ideas can be implemented 🙂

5+
  • Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    May 6, 2020 at 5:47 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I think there’s arguments both ways, the developers would probably have to put in a lot of work for pets to be controllable. While I’d personally like them to be controllable, I’m fine either way. Plus, it’s confirmed their needs will be visible regardless.

2+
  • Soml

Pro Hubkin
    May 6, 2020 at 8:21 pm
    Picture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=8707]

It is stupid to not have them playable. Yes, some might prefer it this way, but they can simply not select them. By not making them playable, it is taking a huge part of gameplay away. We all saw how bad Cats and Dogs was when that release, but it was an expansion pack priced $40 so I would expected playable animals. I wouldn’t want to put too much expectations on such a small team of developers, but playing pets is one of my favorite things in Sims game, that’s why Sims 3 is my go-to game. Not much good can come out of nonplayable pets, but playable pets would be much appreciated. To form pets relationships with other pets would be great and also having jobs like one of the developers suggested I believe.

Calling it stupid is kind of far fetched, it depends on what people want and what the developers can accomplish. Remember, this game isn’t a “Replacement” or an “All features missing in the Sims 4” type of game, it’s it’s own game and what the developers choose to do with it is not “stupid”. At the end of the day, if this is not chosen to be a feature, then the time spent developing it can go into refining or adding another feature that’s popular, so something good can come out of it.

Reminder, please be respectful with your language, not all ideas can be implemented 🙂

[/quote]

“REMINDER, PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL WITH YOUR LANGUAGE, NOT ALL IDEAS CAN BE IMPLEMENTED” 👍🏿

3+
  • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    May 7, 2020 at 4:26 am
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I’d prefer them not to be playable, or to toggle it on/off. I’ve played both ways with the sims franchise and while I thought I liked the control in ts3, there just isn’t a lot you can tell an animal to do compared to humans and having to control their every move can get old. The big argument the sims team made for cats and dogs in ts4 was that autonymous pets could surprise you with the cute, unpredictable things they do. Then again I never really bother with ts4 pets anymore, but that’s mostly because I weigh them up against having a sim in that household slot instead. I really want pets to be counted separately from humans in household limits – sorry, tangent, but important to me.

2+
  • Amazing_Star

Pro Hubkin
    May 7, 2020 at 2:27 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I personally don’t see problem why shouldn’t be pets playable. In The Sims 3, you can just simply set their will / autonomy and you don’t have to play with them because they can take care of themselves. The only problem with this I personally experienced is that they didn’t take care of their social need. I thnik that Paralives should do playable pets and have you decide about their autonomy

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Amazing_Star.
    4+
  • Michael

Paraling
    May 9, 2020 at 4:39 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I would definitely like it to be optional to have playable pets, that way everyone wins. Also apply free will options to Pets, so if I want to control them I can, but I don’t need to continuously control them for them to actually do anything.

1+
  • Thuja

May 12, 2020 at 12:27 am
     Hub Points

I definitely agree with making control optional for pets. I like being able to control as much as possible within the confines of whatever house I’m playing as but I do understand that that isn’t the way other people like to play.

• Ainzie

Paraling
    May 12, 2020 at 6:06 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I think this is a great idea! Grin

Even if they have it just as an option. It would definitely make it interesting. Cherry Blossom

• Dizzardy

High Hubkin
    May 12, 2020 at 10:14 am
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Personally I prefer for it to be possible to play as pets. That way those who choose not to can just choose not to control them. (as opposed to making them not playable, which only benefits one group of people)

I’ve never understood the reasoning that it’s not “realistic” to be able to control pets. It’s not “realistic” to be able to control the lives of an entire neighborhood full of people in real life either.

If you had to play realistically you’d only be able to play as one parafolk for the entire game.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  Dizzardy.
    2+
    • bailey

Star Hubkin
      May 12, 2020 at 3:39 pm
      Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
       Hub Points

You took the words right out of my mouth. This is exactly how I feel. Having an option to control pets benefits everyone.

Same with the “realism” argument. Controlling other beings as a concept in itself is unrealistic. But this is a video game, it will never be 100% realistic. So why not let those of us who want to control pets do so, while others can just ignore it.

2+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close