The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Paralives Discussion PLANS FOR YOUR PARAFOLK’S’

Do you plan on buying or creating your Parahome

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Buy my Parahome
  • Create my Parahome
  • Not sure yet
  • PLANS FOR YOUR PARAFOLK’S’

Ohayo_sandra updated 7 months ago 15 Members · 17 Posts
  • Soml

Pro Hubkin
    April 17, 2020 at 1:53 pm
    Picture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Hey Parahubs.
    I’m curious to read if anyone has already thought up plans for their Parafolks?

Will you begin the game using cheat codes or will you earn your way to buying your dream home/hut/boathouse?

Do you plan on starting the game with a single Parafolk, a couple or a family and will you be creating your own parafolk’s’ or playing with an already generated one?

Will your Parafolk be self employed, working from home, or applying for jobs made available?

Do you plan on letting your Parafolks playout themselves (free will style) or will you be controlling their every move down to the person they fall in love with?

Do you plan on creating your Parafolk’s love interest or will you let them meet one out in the para world?

Will your Parafolk’s’ be a part of a occult?

What kind of life are you planing to play out in Paralives? 🤓

• This discussion was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  Soml.
    11+
  • Paralives Hub (JP)

Admin April 17, 2020 at 3:43 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

Hey, I deleted the duplicated post! And I will be building my first home for sure ^_^

6+
  • Soml

Pro Hubkin
    April 17, 2020 at 3:46 pm
    Picture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=8208]Hey, I deleted the duplicated post! And I will be building my first home for sure ^_^

[/quote]

🤣👌🏿 Thank you.

3+
  • jomsims

Pro Hubkin
    April 17, 2020 at 3:49 pm
    Friendship BadgePicture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeDiamond EggTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

hello,Leee .
    for any new game, i always want to start normally.
    No cheating.

8+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    April 17, 2020 at 4:09 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Will you begin the game using cheat codes or will you earn your way to buying your dream home/hut/boathouse?

It really depends. I might cheat them a little money just while I get used to the game, but I want them to work for what they want.

Do you plan on starting the game with a single Parafolk, a couple or a family and will you be creating your own parafolk’s’ or playing with an already made one?

I’ll be making a family of my own, as I’ve done in other life sims. I find the idea of playing with only one person super boring. I prefer big families with lots of children.

Will your Parafolk be self employed, working from home, or applying for jobs made available?

Ideally I’d like to have one parent go out and work while the other stays home with younger children.

Do you plan on letting your Parafolks playout themselves (free will style) or will you be controlling their every move down to the person they fall in love with?

I’m kind of a control freak. I’ll try to give them free reign to choose their likes and interests, but in terms of who they marry, I’d mainly be choosing based on what I want. Of course, it depends on how the Parafolk function and how strong their personalities are. I might be more willing to let them do what they want if I see it reflected in how they actually behave.

Do you plan on creating your Parafolk’s love interest or will you let them meet one out in the para world?

I prefer to create my initial families already together, married, and with kids. For the following generations, I’m not sure, as I’ve never really done anything like that. As I mentioned earlier, I am very controlling. I’d prefer to control every aspect of my Parafolks love life. It will all depend on what the game will offer us.

Will your Parafolk’s’ be a part of a cult? Parahuman or non-Parahuman?

No.

I’m very boring. I enjoy playing average, ‘normal’ families just living out their daily lives. Kids going to school, parents going to work, and wherever that takes them. I don’t need flashy, rich celebrity lifestyles or life as the neighborhood astronaut. I don’t plan on doing anything out of the ordinary for my Parafolks lives and I’m fine with that.

10+
  • wonbit

Helpful Hubkin
    April 17, 2020 at 8:42 pm
    Picture PerfectFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I actually have something of a tradition when it comes to simulation games. My first time playing, I ALWAYS do the exact same thing in terms of general play-style with some changes when it comes to careers, partners, etc. I’ll probably keep this tradition up just because I’m attached to it.
    That being said, I’ll make a semi-self-insert para and then I’ll just explore the game with her (I’ve actually done this multiple times when I first played other games and she always has the exact same name but relatively different appearances. If I decide she’s getting kids they also usually have the same names as ones from previous games did). I’ll move her into a pre-existing starter home all by herself, get her a nice career where she can climb the ranks, and let her live her life until I have her meet someone and settle down. Usually I end up moving her to a new, more expensive home or I just keep on upgrading the starter home until it’s unrecognizable. This might sound like it gets repetitive but it’s just something I like to do so I can reminisce on all the different versions of this family I’ve had in the past. It’s my little initiation ritual, I guess I could call it.
    I’ve gotta be honest though, I’m very tempted to break my tradition with paralives since there’s so many things I wanna try all at once when the game comes out. We’ll see if I can pull through when the time comes, hahah.

7+
  • Soml

Pro Hubkin
    April 18, 2020 at 4:36 am
     Hub Points

Enjoyed reading your plans 👍🏿

2+
  • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    April 18, 2020 at 6:02 am
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Hey Parahubs.

Loosely!

I kind of want to build a tiny home, so hopefully I have enough paradimes for that – I may cheat. Alternatively I may choose a starter home and redecorate just for an easy start.

Do you plan on starting the game with a single Parafolk, a couple or a family and will you be creating your own parafolk’s’ or playing with an already generated one?
    One me-but-not-me parafolk and one doggo.

Probably jobs available depending on what there is.

Control freak mode engaged. Hopefully will find a great NPC to marry, but he will be as much or likely more my choice than para-me’s.

See above.

Not in my initial save! I want to get to know the game before I do anything drastic.

Young adult life progressing into a big family. Then some crazy stuff once I get too bored or curious to stay wholesome.

7+
  • Issabella

Seasoned Hubkin
    April 18, 2020 at 8:23 am
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I am so excited for this this game but I am not sure how I’m going to play at first. All I know is I can’t wait to get my hand on this game. 🙂

6+
  • amandac

Star Hubkin
    April 18, 2020 at 10:21 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

[quote quote=8203]Hey Parahubs.
    I’m curious to read if anyone has already thought up plans for their Parafolks?.
    i have some idea, but it all depends what the final product looks like

I don’t like using cheat codes so they will earn whatever they get.

Again, it depends on the final product, but I have three scenarios that I’ve used in the past:

1. Single person fresh out of a foster home (explains the no parents). No education so must start at the bottom of the career ladder. In the beginning, there’s no time for romance. Everything is work, building/decorating the house, friends.

2. Elder retired couple with their daughter/son who move to a new town so she/he can start a career. While she/he is working, parents spend their time going around town looking for a suitable mate to bring to the house and introduce them. What happens next depends on the chemistry between the young ones. I then follow the life of this young couple.

3. Mature woman who just lost her husband. They never had children and were planning on adopting before he passed. She decides to be a foster parent instead and takes in five unrelated school-age children (with very different personalities) who eventually become life-long friends. I then follow the lives of these five children.

Probably applying for a job outside the home.

Free will all the way.

Hopefully they will meet them in the para world.

No, never.

I like playing families with a lot of drama on their way to happiness.

[/quote]

6+
  • Aibas(Ahmed Saddig)

Pro Hubkin
    April 18, 2020 at 10:26 am
    Friendship BadgeDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=8203]Hey Parahubs.
    Kind of

Work my way up!

a single Para of my own making, hopefully meeting someone that’s already part of the world

Applying to jobs i hope

i’ll have a mix of the two, but leaning more towards the controlling side!

out in the para world it will be, i hate making my own one with no previous parents, relationships with anyone

Parahuman

LOTS of kids, lots of fun. family gameplay. maybe create a legacy out of my first “founding” Para

[/quote]

4+
  • Clara J

Noteworthy Newcomer
    April 18, 2020 at 1:54 pm
    Friendship BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Well if unlike TS4 we can start out playing a premade Para I might do that first, just to get the hang of playing the game, but at the same time I may be too anxious to see what PAM has to offer so I may just go and create a Para of my own to start with, and if I do it will probably be the same one I have used for years in The Sims games since TS2, a character I have that has two sides to her, one as a human and than other times I play her as a cat person alien type, but unless they have at least pointed ears to use I won’t be doing her as the cat girl, since she has to at least have pointed ears, if not pointed teeth and claws,lol!

Which the only Sims game where I could give her all of those was TS3, TS2 only had the ears, and TS4 doesn’t have it at all, unless I want to limit myself by having her as the games idea of an alien, in which than she has to be some kind of fruity colour, instead of a normal human skin colour like I prefer her to be, plus there is the voice, eyes and lack of hair and having to make a human part too so she can hide her alien side, which is all very annoying! Sorry I just rambled on with that!

But anyway, she would probably just be by herself, and I would probably start by playing her in a premade home maybe, just because that might be easier to start with, but I did choose build my own with the poll, because again I would be really curious to see how building of a house works in the game, so I think I would be torn on that too, just like whether to play a pre-made Para or make one myself or not,lol!

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  Clara J.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  Clara J.
    2+
  • Dulce_Delight

Parafolk
    April 18, 2020 at 4:19 pm
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I always like to start out these kind of games with a single character while I get the hang of everything before I branch out to multiple characters and families. I am so excited for the initial release just so we can all finally experience it and see the fruits of the devs hard work.

3+
  • akemi

Noteworthy Newcomer
    April 19, 2020 at 7:19 am
    Friendship BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Hey Parahubs.

Definitely, if I dip into my mind for ideas, I’d be soaked.

I’ll definitely earn my way at first! If I’m trying to set up a certain environment for my parafolks, like say, fighting over the ancestral home with rich relatives, I’d cheat to make those relative rich.

I’m gonna start with a single customised P.folk, and just explore and meet people.

It’s gonna be up to my Para on what they’d want to do. Obviously, they can’t tell me, but I’d be observing their hobbies and likes and dislikes, then I’ll pick an occupation and make up a story on why they did that. Unless.. they can tell me..

I’d like to think of me as my Para’s fairy godparent. I can guide them to things that’ll make them succeed and if they have the sudden impulse to get ice cream and see someone they’d like to date, I’d happily help them get it. I’m tired of directing all of my characters’ lives. I want them to make things interesting for me, not the other way around.

Definitely meet. It’s way cuter and just like in real life–unless I’m making a couple from the start, of course

I’m okay starting with either, but if my current Para wants to join some cult, I’ll be along for the ride.

A life they wanted for themselves. Kids, no kids, married or single. I can start with a plan for their life and end up with something completely different. Just like real life.

5+
  • Dizzardy

High Hubkin
    April 20, 2020 at 4:24 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Usually when I play a Sims game for the first time I create a single sim and live their life for a while. I don’t do anything drastic, it’s just a chance to get familiar with the game.

So I’ll probably do something similar when Paralives releases. (only difference is I might create a dog or cat alongside them this time)

I think actual plans for what kind of Parafolks I might create probably won’t start taking shape until I know what the personality system is going to be like. (and more about gameplay in general)

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  Dizzardy.
    2+
  • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    April 25, 2020 at 6:29 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I think for my first family I will make a town house then I will have them earn their way up into a better plot of land to build a home.

Do you plan on starting the game with a single Parafolk, a couple or a family and will you be creating your own parafolk’s’ or playing with an already made one?

I will most likely make a couple from scratch from one of my stories I’ve written. Because I usually end up making a single character and play out their life from there.

Hmm I want one to be a self employer and have their own business and the other I want to go job hunting.

Control freak here lol so controlling everything they do nonetheless, unless one is away in town then I will let them be autonomous if they can manage it.

My para couple will be each other’s love interest 🙂 so both will be made in the PAM

No.

What kind of life are you planing to play out in Paralives?
    Im not sure depends on what we can do in the game. Overall aside from my first para fam, I want to start out as a young adult and have my para find love, travel, get a career, get married, and hopefully have a few kids and let them travel a bit.

3+
  • Ohayo_sandra

Paraling
    April 28, 2020 at 8:36 am
    Picture PerfectFriendship BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Hello! I’m gonna be building my house 🏠 can’t wait to do so!^^

1+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report