The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Pets/Pet Care

• Pets/Pet Care

reilly updated 4 months, 1 week ago 20 Members · 24 Posts
  • keely

July 18, 2019 at 1:42 pm
     Hub Points

I know dogs, cats, and horses have been confirmed, but I think it would be nice if smaller pets could be included as well. For instance, there could be rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, fish, and reptiles (maybe snakes, lizards, geckos).

As someone who cares a lot for my pets, I hope that the pet care is properly done and researched for each animal. Rabbits, for example, are very complicated animals and it would be cruel to put them in a small cage. If they were added, I would like them to be able to roam around the Houses/apartments (but not go outside without supervision). They are like cats in the way that they clean themselves and can be trained to use litter-boxes. Guinea pigs, another small animal, are also quite complicated animals, but not nearly as intelligent or clean as rabbits. They are also very social animals, and I think it should be required that if you want to adopt a guinea pig, you would need get them a friend as well.

I have a rabbit and two guinea pigs and could talk much more about their different behaviours and health/food needs.

Websites like

10 Things You Need To Know Before Owning A Rabbit

are helpful as well 🙂

Other Ideas:

Wild animals such as mice, rabbits, foxes, ducks, birds

Walking multiple dogs at once

23+
  • httpsusu

July 18, 2019 at 5:00 pm
     Hub Points

What about different types of birds?

14+
  • elita

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 18, 2019 at 5:08 pm
     Hub Points
    quote httpsusu post_id=93 time=1563469204 user_id=130:

i hope if we do get birds we get a few different breeds! if we do we might get a few large and small breeds, like in sims 3?

11+
  • Paralives Hub (JP)

Admin July 19, 2019 at 4:33 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

quote httpsusu post_id=93 time=1563469204 user_id=130:

Parakeets, please! 😆

11+
  • atheistcanuck

July 19, 2019 at 4:43 pm
     Hub Points

also goldfish need a proper tank and not just a small bowl!!

7+
  • kliekie

Paraling
    July 20, 2019 at 1:34 pm
    Diamond Egg
     Hub Points
    quote Keely post_id=90 time=1563457355 user_id=129:

Rabbits, for example, are very complicated animals and it would be cruel to put them in a small cage. If they were added, I would like them to be able to roam around the Houses/apartments (but not go outside without supervision).

Give us the option to let every pet roam around on the lot, but depending on the pet they will have an X% chance of running away if left without supervision 😆
    Dogs 0-10%
    Cats 0-20%
    Rabbits 30-80%
    Rats 70-100%
    Fox 90-100%
    (percent range because some pets are more attached to their owners)

12+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    July 21, 2019 at 6:44 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

My main hopes for pets: doghouses, Munchkins, and the ability to take cats on walks with a harness.

8+
  • misaki

July 22, 2019 at 10:45 am
     Hub Points

It may be funny to be able to practice some canicross or “cani-bike” with the dogs around the map and for the dogs to be able to learn some tricks.
    About the horses, maybe it could be fun to be able to ride (of course) but also to learn them tricks for shows for example or being able to do wagon walks which implies at least 2 kind of horses.
    Also the possibility to go to a ranch maybe or even running a ranch/farm etc…including all kind of farming pets like cows, sheeps, donkeys…

6+
  • parahope

July 24, 2019 at 12:29 am
     Hub Points

I’d adore this! I have been wanting small critters like rabbits for a long time. And not just stuck in little cages. I’ve had a rabbit before and like you said, they are very complicated, but beautiful creatures. They are smart, playful and it takes effort and patience to get to know them, so I think even having it similar to that would be very detailed. Having different hay for the rabbit and toys. (Oh! Maybe even your character if they are good at building or woodshop, can make their rabbit or other animal self-made toys! And since they are made by their owner, it gets boosted love/happiness when playing with it). Maybe even the system has an understanding that certain fruits and veggies would be unhealthy for them to eat and too much could make them larger.

9+
  • Kaylin

Seasoned Hubkin
    April 11, 2020 at 12:40 am
    Friendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgePicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

birds, ferrets, and sugar gliders as well.

4+
  • Shortstuff_

High Hubkin
    April 11, 2020 at 2:15 am
    Trendsetter BadgePicture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Yes! I would love to have little pets running around the house, and it would give more diversity for other animal lovers. I would also like to see them as strays, and you giving them a new home.

7+
  • Soml

Pro Hubkin
    April 11, 2020 at 8:40 am
    Picture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=3618]

Rabbits, for example, are very complicated animals and it would be cruel to put them in a small cage. If they were added, I would like them to be able to roam around the Houses/apartments (but not go outside without supervision).

Give us the option to let every pet roam around on the lot, but depending on the pet they will have an X% chance of running away if left without supervision 😆
    Dogs 0-10%
    Cats 0-20%
    Rabbits 30-80%
    Rats 70-100%
    Fox 90-100%

[/quote]

👌🏿 I really love this idea and hope it will be included into the game🤞🏿

3+
  • SecretName

April 18, 2020 at 3:04 pm
     Hub Points

[quote quote=3618]

Dogs 0-10%
    Cats 0-20%
    Rabbits 30-80%
    Rats 70-100%
    Fox 90-100%

[/quote]

This would definitely be amazing, but I think there should also be an option in the settings to turn this off in case someone is for example recording a story, in which case the pets running away would be very inconvinient.

7+
  • Russell97

Noteworthy Newcomer
    April 19, 2020 at 4:50 am
     Hub Points

I’m new to this so I don’t know what’s possible but I thought it would be cool if you had to train your dogs and depending on the time spent training your dog behaves accordingly. For example, you have to potty train your puppy, a notification pops up that he needs to pee so you let him out and that adds a “point” towards potty training, if you choose to ignore it he has an accident and impacts his training in a negative way.

3+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    May 3, 2020 at 12:57 pm
     Hub Points

For pet customization, what do people think of the idea of there being no default cat, dog, or horse breeds in PAM, but instead of that we get blank animal slates to create whatever breed we want?

I ask this becuase it would be a lot of work to try to design multiple different animal breeds and theres no way for them all to be accounted for. But if there are enough customization tools, it might not even been needed.

For example lets say you want to make a specific dog. If the Paramaker allows for a few different body styles to match a large range of breeds, some different head shapes, the abilty to make your dog small, medium, or large, differnet dog coat lengths and styles, and a range of coat color options (which seems possible with the color wheel), you could make any breed you want just the way you want it. Then just assign them the personality (tempermant) you want from a (hopefully) large list so it’ll act the way you want. The devs could save time, not needing to design complete breeds, and the players could be free to make any animal the way the way they want it.

But what does everyone think? Would you rather have pre-made breeds?

7+
  • Rosie

Helpful Hubkin
    May 6, 2020 at 2:33 am
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation Badge
     Hub Points

I would love to have a functioning farm — different animals and plants, etc, but that is probably too much for a base game — maybe an expansion?

6+
  • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    May 7, 2020 at 4:54 am
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=8638]For pet customization, what do people think of the idea of there being no default cat, dog, or horse breeds in PAM, but instead of that we get blank animal slates to create whatever breed we want?

I ask this becuase it would be a lot of work to try to design multiple different animal breeds and theres no way for them all to be accounted for. But if there are enough customization tools, it might not even been needed.

For example lets say you want to make a specific dog. If the Paramaker allows for a few different body styles to match a large range of breeds, some different head shapes, the abilty to make your dog small, medium, or large, differnet dog coat lengths and styles, and a range of coat color options (which seems possible with the color wheel), you could make any breed you want just the way you want it. Then just assign them the personality (tempermant) you want from a (hopefully) large list so it’ll act the way you want. The devs could save time, not needing to design complete breeds, and the players could be free to make any animal the way the way they want it.

But what does everyone think? Would you rather have pre-made breeds?

[/quote]
    @Bailey Pre-made breeds are a must for me. We should have all those options for customisation, but still presets as a starting point for the different breeds. Why? Because I just spent three hours getting my parawoman customised just so, and I want a labrador. And I don’t want to sit there for two more creating the labrador, when I can just choose “labrador retriever”, make a few tweaks and start playing.

7+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    May 7, 2020 at 2:38 pm
     Hub Points

@sweetchillisauceress That’s a good point. I can understand wanting the speed that having pre-made breeds allow.

My main concern was the task of having to design and program hundreds of dog, cat, and horse breeds. But maybe Alex and the team will release the game with a few of each and slowly add more later.

5+
  • Kels

Paraling
    May 7, 2020 at 7:12 pm
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I love that someone mentioned multiple dogs on a walk and cats on harnesses! I think there is so much potential gameplay around animals and I doubt it will all be in the base game.

I would also love seeing “pocket” pets, birds, reptiles, etc as an additional pack of some sort so that the developers could focus on all aspects of such animals. I feel like the Sims 4 gave us very half-assed animal additions such as a rat that lives in a box and nothing much happens.

5+
  • Kata2404

May 8, 2020 at 7:20 pm
     Hub Points

I’d love the dogs to stray around if getting bored or interested in something outside. It would be cool if they didn’t just stick to their yard but interacted with their surroundings and other pets (not belonging to their household – and only if they have certain character traits). Like in real life they could have to be fenced if straying shall be prohibited.

And wouldn’t Huskies pulling a sled be fantastic? 🙂

Edit: As for pet care I would like to be able to take the dog for a walk without a leash. Maybe you could let it walk around and whistle if it strays too far?

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  Kata2404.
    6+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    May 12, 2020 at 8:46 pm
     Hub Points

I just thought of a new idea after seeing a comment on the discord. For pet care I really hope that (at some point, it doesn’t have to be in the initial release) we will have outdoor washtubs for pets.

I’ve played a few pet simulator games before and almost all of them forced me to wash the dog or cat inside the bathtub/shower. Now I know that this is something that people do irl, but for me growing up, I was always used to seeing pets bathed outside in a little tub. For a big dog they’d just wash them standing up with a hose. I hope that kind of gameplay option will be available for those of us who don’t want to automatically wash pets inside.

On that same note, I desperately hope we’ll be able to bathe cats. Again, some (not all) pet simulators act like you never need to wash a cat so the option just wasn’t there. And it’s not surprising since the myth of cats hating water is so prevalent in society. I do hope this is something we’ll see in the game (eventually, not necessarily at release).

4+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    June 18, 2020 at 3:31 am
     Hub Points

I hate to double post, but I didn’t see the need to make a seperate new thread for this since we already had a topic for pets. I had the thought a couple days ago how it would be interesting if we had a few different places to buy pets in the game. Not necessarily multiple at launch, but it would be cool to have some different options eventually.

Most pet simulators only give 1 option to get a pet since the focus is on training them. I had an idea for 3 possible places to buy a pet in Paralives. Now the inclusion of horses over a more common pet like hamsters or birds makes this a bit difficult and probably weird, but I thought I’d put it out there anyway. The idea was to have a pet breeder, pet store, and pet shelter. Each option would have different pros and cons so there would be reasons to choose one over the other two options.

Pet Breeder- The most expensive option. Pets would be no less than 1000 Paradimes and price could be based on species and breed. A pet from a breeder would allow you to enter them in a conformation pet show for money and prizes. You could label the pet as a ‘champion’ if they win shows. They’d mostly be very young animals but you could also buy a retired adult. You could also choose the breed of the species you want.

Pro: Pet Show Access, breed choice. Con: Super expensive, rare chance of older animals.

Pet Store- The mid-ranged option. Pets would be cheaper than the breeder, but more expensive than the animal shelter. Maybe between 500-700 Paradimes based on species. There would be more of a mixed range of young and adult animals. Random Breeds.

Pro: Mid-ranged prices, mixed range of young and adult animals. Con: No breed choice.

Pet Shelter- The cheapest option. Pets would be no more than 200 Paradimes. It would be mostly adult and senior animals, with younger ones being a rare possiblity. Buying from the shelter would allow you to get a bumper sticker to put on your car and you could label them animal as a ‘rescue’. Random Breeds.

Pro: Very cheap, bumper sticker. Con: No breed choice, rare chance of young animals.

Like I said, the addition of horses makes this a bit odd since I’ve never heard of a pet store selling horses, but I still think this is a possible system. Each hypothetical option has their own positives and negatives, which I think is the most important thing.

8+
    • reilly

Pro Hubkin
      July 21, 2020 at 3:33 am
      Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeDiamond EggFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
       Hub Points

i don’t see why puppies/young animals would be rare. i volunteer at an animal shelter and foster puppies and they have 20-50 puppies come in every two to three weeks from mississippi and alabama. we’re actually fostering a pair right now ahah

1+
  • amandac

Star Hubkin
    July 18, 2020 at 9:24 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I can barely create good-looking sims so pre-made breeds are a must for me. I wouldn’t mind strays as long as they don’t mess up my property or at least not too much.

2+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close