The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Pets/Pet Care

• Pets/Pet Care

reilly updated 1 year, 1 month ago 20 Members · 24 Posts
  • keely

July 18, 2019 at 1:42 pm
     Hub Points

I know dogs, cats, and horses have been confirmed, but I think it would be nice if smaller pets could be included as well. For instance, there could be rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, fish, and reptiles (maybe snakes, lizards, geckos).

As someone who cares a lot for my pets, I hope that the pet care is properly done and researched for each animal. Rabbits, for example, are very complicated animals and it would be cruel to put them in a small cage. If they were added, I would like them to be able to roam around the Houses/apartments (but not go outside without supervision). They are like cats in the way that they clean themselves and can be trained to use litter-boxes. Guinea pigs, another small animal, are also quite complicated animals, but not nearly as intelligent or clean as rabbits. They are also very social animals, and I think it should be required that if you want to adopt a guinea pig, you would need get them a friend as well.

I have a rabbit and two guinea pigs and could talk much more about their different behaviours and health/food needs.

Websites like

10 Things You Need To Know Before Owning A Rabbit

are helpful as well 🙂

Other Ideas:

Wild animals such as mice, rabbits, foxes, ducks, birds

Walking multiple dogs at once

• httpsusu

July 18, 2019 at 5:00 pm
     Hub Points

What about different types of birds?

• elita

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 18, 2019 at 5:08 pm
     Hub Points
    quote httpsusu post_id=93 time=1563469204 user_id=130:

i hope if we do get birds we get a few different breeds! if we do we might get a few large and small breeds, like in sims 3?

• JP

Admin July 19, 2019 at 4:33 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

quote httpsusu post_id=93 time=1563469204 user_id=130:

Parakeets, please! 😆

• atheistcanuck

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 19, 2019 at 4:43 pm
     Hub Points

also goldfish need a proper tank and not just a small bowl!!

• kliekie

Paraling
    July 20, 2019 at 1:34 pm
    Diamond Egg
     Hub Points
    quote Keely post_id=90 time=1563457355 user_id=129:

Rabbits, for example, are very complicated animals and it would be cruel to put them in a small cage. If they were added, I would like them to be able to roam around the Houses/apartments (but not go outside without supervision).

Give us the option to let every pet roam around on the lot, but depending on the pet they will have an X% chance of running away if left without supervision 😆
    Dogs 0-10%
    Cats 0-20%
    Rabbits 30-80%
    Rats 70-100%
    Fox 90-100%
    (percent range because some pets are more attached to their owners)

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    July 21, 2019 at 6:44 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

My main hopes for pets: doghouses, Munchkins, and the ability to take cats on walks with a harness.

• misaki

July 22, 2019 at 10:45 am
     Hub Points

It may be funny to be able to practice some canicross or “cani-bike” with the dogs around the map and for the dogs to be able to learn some tricks.
    About the horses, maybe it could be fun to be able to ride (of course) but also to learn them tricks for shows for example or being able to do wagon walks which implies at least 2 kind of horses.
    Also the possibility to go to a ranch maybe or even running a ranch/farm etc…including all kind of farming pets like cows, sheeps, donkeys…

• parahope

July 24, 2019 at 12:29 am
     Hub Points

I’d adore this! I have been wanting small critters like rabbits for a long time. And not just stuck in little cages. I’ve had a rabbit before and like you said, they are very complicated, but beautiful creatures. They are smart, playful and it takes effort and patience to get to know them, so I think even having it similar to that would be very detailed. Having different hay for the rabbit and toys. (Oh! Maybe even your character if they are good at building or woodshop, can make their rabbit or other animal self-made toys! And since they are made by their owner, it gets boosted love/happiness when playing with it). Maybe even the system has an understanding that certain fruits and veggies would be unhealthy for them to eat and too much could make them larger.

• Kaylin

Seasoned Hubkin
    April 11, 2020 at 12:40 am
    Friendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgePicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

birds, ferrets, and sugar gliders as well.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now