The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Personality Flaws

• Personality Flaws

• justarandomgamer300

Pro Hubkin
    March 28, 2020 at 2:57 pm
    Appreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I think it would be an ideal when it comes to personalities for parafolk: with traits they should have flaws. To give the parafolk some realism and give a little challenge to the player. For example let’s say we have a parafolk name Tim. Tim is a construction worker, his flaws are workaholic and stubborn making him extremely dedicated to his job. But it prevents him to take much needed breaks so other workers may need to somehow convince Tim to rest and they can take over for him. This brings Andy, he’s Tim’s close friend; Andy is one of the few who can convinced Tim to chill. One of Andy’s trait is charisma and he has charisma skills. With the charisma skill Andy tells Tim to relax much to Tim’s reluctance. What do you think?

• Kaitlyn

Rising Hubkin
    March 28, 2020 at 4:41 pm
    Picture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I like the idea of personalities being integrated into the game to affect the para in various ways during gameplay! I hope personalities are not just a “trait” or set of traits to choose from at the start of the game that has no affect during gameplay.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Kaitlyn.
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    March 28, 2020 at 5:43 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Idk how hard this would be to program, but I think it would be nice is all personalities had a level of positiveness and negativeness. Like with your examples..

Workaholic: Pros- Works really hard, does well at jobs. More likely to work towards promotions. Cons- Isn’t likely to relax on their own. Might ignore friends/family needs for work.

Stubborn: Pros- Sticks to their thoughts/beliefs. Isn’t likely to be swayed. Cons-Might be hard to converse with. Reluctant to take advise.

Charisma: Pros-Can persuade easily. Easily to get along with and make friends. Cons-Can be annoying to certain Parafolk.

Idk, maybe it wouldn’t work exactly like this. It was just a thought.

• Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    March 28, 2020 at 10:30 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7329]Idk how hard this would be to program, but I think it would be nice is all personalities had a level of positiveness and negativeness. Like with your examples..

Workaholic: Pros- Works really hard, does well at jobs. More likely to work towards promotions. Cons- Isn’t likely to relax on their own. Might ignore friends/family needs for work.

Stubborn: Pros- Sticks to their thoughts/beliefs. Isn’t likely to be swayed. Cons-Might be hard to converse with. Reluctant to take advise.

Charisma: Pros-Can persuade easily. Easily to get along with and make friends. Cons-Can be annoying to certain Parafolk.

Idk, maybe it wouldn’t work exactly like this. It was just a thought.

[/quote]

I like the idea, but I think instead of having the cons linked to the traits, they should be separate traits. That way you can have more control over their personality if you want to.

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    March 29, 2020 at 3:55 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I agree with Jinxin alothough it’d be nice to have a ying yang theme to traits, i’d also like for them to be their own negative traits that wouldn’t affect or cancel out positive ones. Like for example if I have a para who’s nice doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be able to have them be a manipulative as well. Because they should be able to be nice to some paras while also being manipulative= narcissistic, I dont know how complicated this would be though.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now