The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Paras interaction with us

• Paras interaction with us

Karon updated 9 months, 2 weeks ago 6 Members · 7 Posts
  • Breedmond

Moderator February 14, 2020 at 2:31 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I am wondering how and if Paras will interact with us. Will they turn to face us, expressively call out and wave their arms as in the Sims 1 when they are hungry? Or will they just have a thought balloons above their heads to indicate that they need something. Or maybe Alex will come with a completely different way for Para interaction with the player.

I am not sure how I feel about Paras knowing that there is someone controlling them though. What do you guys think? Should Para’s be aware of our presence or not?

5+
  • crabwhatalad

Star Hubkin
    February 14, 2020 at 5:57 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond EggFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

Hmmm in some situations I think they could and it would be quite nice like if their needs are low they could face us and roll their eyes, fold their arms or look pleading depending on their personality. Otherwise, I think it could be best if they were unaware as I always think of being kind of like a “god” in simulation games if you know what I mean and I don’t think they should interact much with the player. This is only one opinion though and I’m sure lots of other people would like lots of interaction! What do you think?

4+
  • Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    February 14, 2020 at 9:36 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I think paras breaking the fourth wall would be really creepy aha, I’d prefer if they didn’t know we were playing the game personally.

2+
  • skyler

High Hubkin
    February 14, 2020 at 10:11 pm
    Appreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I think instead of breaking the 4th wall, I think it would work better for them to express their needs through body language or a thought bubble. I never liked the long animation in The Sims games where when the route you’ve chosen is blocked and they complain again and again.

2+
  • Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    February 14, 2020 at 10:33 pm
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7003]I never liked the long animation in The Sims games where when the route you’ve chosen is blocked and they complain again and again.[/quote]
    I think if there’s an issue like that, a notification should pop up so you know, rather than just some animation that you don’t see half the time.

2+
  • amandac

Star Hubkin
    February 15, 2020 at 11:45 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I like it when the sims in TS2 look at the camera with a “what???” expression when I ask them to do something out of character instead of following orders like a robot. It makes me feel like they’re “alive”.

I also like when they look at each other when they pass by. For example, my female sim was having an affair with a married man. When the affair ended, he came to her house with his wife. She was playing poker with some friends, but as he and his wife passed by the table they gave it each other a look.

3+
  • Karon

Paraling
    February 15, 2020 at 4:05 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=6996]Hmmm in some situations I think they could and it would be quite nice like if their needs are low they could face us and roll their eyes, fold their arms or look pleading depending on their personality. Otherwise, I think it could be best if they were unaware as I always think of being kind of like a “god” in simulation games if you know what I mean and I don’t think they should interact much with the player. This is only one opinion though and I’m sure lots of other people would like lots of interaction! What do you think?

[/quote]
    But we do interact with god. haha Like… we pray, we curse, we are really expressive when something happens to us. Like “OMG, why is this happening to me?!”.

[quote quote=7014]I like it when the sims in TS2 look at the camera with a “what???” expression when I ask them to do something out of character instead of following orders like a robot. It makes me feel like they’re “alive”.

I also like when they look at each other when they pass by. For example, my female sim was having an affair with a married man. When the affair ended, he came to her house with his wife. She was playing poker with some friends, but as he and his wife passed by the table they gave it each other a look.

[/quote]

Me too. They feel “forced” to do something they wouldn’t do autonomously.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  Karon.
    3+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close