The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Parafolk Parafolk with Disabilities

• Parafolk with Disabilities

Parafanatic updated 9 months ago 6 Members · 7 Posts
  • PlyPlay665

High Hubkin
    January 4, 2020 at 9:55 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I see a lot of discussion about gender and sexuality, but has there been much discussion on Parafolk with disabilities? I understand that this is, perhaps, a touchy subject. Its touchiness may even require its implementation to be pushed back much farther than just the initial release.

However, in my opinion, at the very least, the lack of representation of wheelchair-bound people in life simulators is, frankly, dismal.

Thoughts?

1+
  • Nwhipple

Paraling
    January 4, 2020 at 10:23 pm
    Loyalty BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I wou

• Nwhipple

Paraling
    January 4, 2020 at 10:24 pm
    Loyalty BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I would love to see this happen

• hoopsie022

Admin January 4, 2020 at 10:24 pm
    Loyalty BadgeWiki BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

The devs know that physical disabilities and things like wheelchairs and canes are often requested, so they are looking into them, but it’s not confirmed. Currently that’s the only information we know on the subject, though ?

• bubba-teh-writer

January 4, 2020 at 10:30 pm
     Hub Points

Physical disability is a plausible one as many people have been physically disabled in their lives, whether through sports or workplace accidents. So I think that it could be added with a decent amount of more work.

HOWEVER, mental disabilities I don’t see ever being added. Why? Because the two ways it could go will be seen as at best too dark and real for this type of game and a total tone shift, or at worst, disrespectful and gross. If we were to have real mental disability, it would not only clash with the rest of the games tone and feel like tonal whiplash, but would be awful to play when many people already have tough lives they want to escape from. And with fake mental disabilities… you can figure that out. It would feel like parody, which is NOT what you want with this mechanic. Too touchy and bad to even try.

3+
  • Fruit Tingler

Paraling
    January 7, 2020 at 9:52 pm
    Picture PerfectFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I would love to see disabilities in this game. Mainly physical though personally. I also love the idea of minor things such as needing glasses or having a bad metabolism even. I know those aren’t really disabilities in the proper sense, but it would still be fun to see none the less.

• Parafanatic

Noteworthy Newcomer
    January 21, 2020 at 10:44 pm
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=6409]I see a lot of discussion about gender and sexuality, but has there been much discussion on Parafolk with disabilities? I understand that this is, perhaps, a touchy subject. Its touchiness may even require its implementation to be pushed back much farther than

I would love to see blindness in game i am legaly blind and deal with it all day and night 24/7

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close