The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Parafolk hair length

• Parafolk hair length

Morth updated 1 year, 7 months ago 7 Members · 9 Posts
  • LR

Noteworthy Newcomer
    April 9, 2020 at 6:55 am
    Diamond Egg
     Hub Points

Personally I am always annoyed that in Sims 4 there are almost no hairstyles that are the same length. So I thought that maybe we could change the parafolks hair length.
    Obviously they won’t be able to apply this on all length but we can divide the hair into two categories: The shoulders and under the shoulders. The hair over the shoulders won’t be adjustable, and the hair below the shoulders can be extended to a certain length.

• Shortstuff_

High Hubkin
    April 9, 2020 at 7:01 am
    Trendsetter BadgePicture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I love the idea of having different lengths of hair! The only thing I can think of that might not be amazing is if it interferes with any of the clothing, like if it goes through some of the clothes like the Sims 4. Although, the idea of adjusting the bottom layer of the hair is a great suggestion considering you can have many characters with different lengths of hair. I think the top layer should be adjusted to the length of a bob, and then being bald should just be an automatic option. Great idea!

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    April 9, 2020 at 3:59 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7535]Personally I am always annoyed that in Sims 4 there are almost no hairstyles that are the same length. So I thought that maybe we could change the parafolks hair length.
    Obviously they won’t be able to apply this on all length but we can divide the hair into two categories: The shoulders and under the shoulders. The hair over the shoulders won’t be adjustable, and the hair below the shoulders can be extended to a certain length.

[/quote]

Am I understanding this correctly? Because it sounds like long haired Paras would be able to benefit from this. I mean, I like the idea of being able to change hair length, but I don’t like the idea that hair over the shoulders wouldn’t be adjustable. That means only Paras with long hair (which would likely mostly be women) would get more customization than those with short hair (which would likely mostly be men). I think short haired Pars’s should have a bit of customization with their hair as well. I get that obviously the more hair you have, the more you can do with it, but still I’d personally not like it if Paras with shorter hair got no sort of adjustment capabilities

• LR

Noteworthy Newcomer
    April 9, 2020 at 6:36 pm
    Diamond Egg
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7576]

Personally I am always annoyed that in Sims 4 there are almost no hairstyles that are the same length. So I thought that maybe we could change the parafolks hair length.

Am I understanding this correctly? Because it sounds like long haired Paras would be able to benefit from this. I mean, I like the idea of being able to change hair length, but I don’t like the idea that hair over the shoulders wouldn’t be adjustable. That means only Paras with long hair (which would likely mostly be women) would get more customization than those with short hair (which would likely mostly be men). I think short haired Pars’s should have a bit of customization with their hair as well. I get that obviously the more hair you have, the more you can do with it, but still I’d personally not like it if Paras with shorter hair got no sort of adjustment capabilities

[/quote]

Well i think most over shoulder hairstyles can’t really be adjustable, some can though and they would be adjustable but not as much as longer hairstyles because some hair styles just can’t be long

• Soml

Pro Hubkin
    May 9, 2020 at 7:24 am
    Picture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

??I’m hoping that they will be including type 4B/C/A hair textures and that we could adjust the fro to however close cropped or full out we want it. It would be great if they include some braided hair styles and the types of head wraps we africans wear to protect our hair.

• Morth

Paraling
    May 10, 2020 at 8:43 am
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

If this is possible I would like for the hair to slowly grow over time as well, until reaching the maximum length of that particular hair cut. I really liked that concept in Sims Castaway, where the hair would grow messy and longer and could also only be cut to shorter hair styles than what the sim had. Maybe if wanting to switch to longer hair, there would be a little fee applied for getting extensions or something.

• sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
      May 10, 2020 at 10:37 am
      Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
       Hub Points

Iirc the devs have said no to hair growth. It would be a lot of work for them, and probably a lot of work for the player’s computer!

• Morth

Paraling
      May 11, 2020 at 5:58 pm
      Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
       Hub Points

Yeah I imagine it would be difficult to do, so not expecting it at all. Maybe it’s even better without it, especially for performance and for taking focus away from other more important areas. Looking forward to the game regardless.

• Aibas(Ahmed Saddig)

Pro Hubkin
    May 10, 2020 at 10:54 am
    Friendship BadgeDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

i love this idea, i imagine it would be hard to implement though. Hopefully it comes through.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now