The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Parafolk Parafolk Ethnicity

• Parafolk Ethnicity

Raven updated 1 year, 7 months ago 7 Members · 9 Posts
  • Karon

Paraling
    February 15, 2020 at 4:00 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Something that got my eyes when SIms 4 was announced, was that we would’ve a bunch of premade ethnicities to choose from where we would want to start. Turns out that its just a minor thing that no one really knows, its that part where you click your sim face and it shows where you can pick your skin color and below it we have a bunch of dudes/gals to pick from. I want that in Paralives, but more detailed… Like, with a little tag saying which ethnicity would be that, and maybe had like 2/3 “swatches”, since and ethnicity doesn’t mean everyone looks exactly the same.

• Amazing_Star

Pro Hubkin
    February 15, 2020 at 9:45 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I think that different ethnicities were confirmed, check out that list with confirmed features, its somewhere on wiki

• Karon

Paraling
    February 18, 2020 at 2:54 pm
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7031]I think that different ethnicities were confirmed, check out that list with confirmed features, its somewhere on wiki

[/quote]

Ok, I’ll try to find it and read! <3

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    February 25, 2020 at 3:07 am
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7022] Like, with a little tag saying which ethnicity would be that, and maybe had like 2/3 “swatches”, since and ethnicity doesn’t mean everyone looks exactly the same.

[/quote]

I don’t know how I feel about that. I’d rather not have some specific “setting” of what a particular ethnicity would look like, mainly because even people within the same ethnicity can look completely different.

I’ll use my family for an example; my dad, mom, sister, and myself are all African American. My mom has somewhat dark skin, my dad has very light skin, while my sister and I are in between. How would this hypothetical tag work if I tried to make Parafolk based on us? I feel that something like this can turn out to be a slippery slope (for lack of a better term).

• Karon

Paraling
    March 7, 2020 at 7:12 pm
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7112]

Like, with a little tag saying which ethnicity would be that, and maybe had like 2/3 “swatches”, since and ethnicity doesn’t mean everyone looks exactly the same.

I don’t know how I feel about that. I’d rather not have some specific “setting” of what a particular ethnicity would look like, mainly because even people within the same ethnicity can look completely different.

I’ll use my family for an example; my dad, mom, sister, and myself are all African American. My mom has somewhat dark skin, my dad has very light skin, while my sister and I are in between. How would this hypothetical tag work if I tried to make Parafolk based on us? I feel that something like this can turn out to be a slippery slope (for lack of a better term).

[/quote]

that’s why I mentioned the “swatches”. We would have the ethnicity, but we would have a big variety within it.

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    March 9, 2020 at 11:51 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I feel not having it brings a neutral ground where it doesn’t matter. 🙂
    I can see some ppl feeling some type of way about it when you being adding titles to how ppl look. But I guess my question would be what would it add to game as far as gameplay? Aside from it being listed in their biography if that makes sense.
    But i think for story telling it’d def come in handy!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  cakeefeatured.
  • Aibas(Ahmed Saddig)

Pro Hubkin
    April 11, 2020 at 7:32 am
    Friendship BadgeDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

i also feel like ethnicities shouldn’t be labeled, however, i do think it’s a very good idea to have made up ethnicities that loosely resemble the ones we have today but without labels, i think that people just want more work put into people of colour because we all know how bottom of the list, crappy and ashy darker skins and features were for the Sims 4.

• csturner85

Paraling
    April 13, 2020 at 3:43 pm
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I cannot wait to see what Paralives brings to the table as far as ethnicities, cultures, etc. I am multiracial and the lack of content for ANY ethnicity of color is drastically lacking. I appreciate that they added hijabs and other other items to diversify the game, but from the skin tones to the hair options, etc. it is so hard to truly represent or create certain ethnicities due to the lack of items. I am looking forward to being able to create diverse and multi-racial paras without having to CC shop for hours and pray that it is not broken when I finally go into the game to create and play!

• Raven

Parafolk
    April 14, 2020 at 2:16 am
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I like the idea of ethnicities, but I dislike the idea of swatch labeled ethnicities or even skin swatches. If anyone here has played Black Desert Mobile that’s what I want more character builders to be like.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now