The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Parafolk Para sliders

• Para sliders

crabwhatalad updated 10 months, 1 week ago 6 Members · 6 Posts
  • Sky

September 28, 2019 at 9:33 pm
     Hub Points

I assume there will be sliders for fat/skinny skinny/muscular body types (a triangle you could put a dot in for where you are body type wise could be awesome, I think fallout 4 has it?)
    Maybe you could add simple (with the games design I assume Paras won’t be detailed as sims) sliders for simple but very prominent parts of the body?
    Such as shoulder width, waist hips and legs width, honestly these are the only ones that seem like we need, and could add a lot of variation to the game!!

• gamedomino

Star Hubkin
    September 28, 2019 at 9:58 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

This is good, but it would be nice if this topic had more detail.

I think a fat and muscle slider works pretty fine, and that a Triangle Slider would be a tad confusing for certain players trying to get a specific look.

I would also like it if we could make custom body types, so we could be allowed to set our own custom slider limits, especially if height sliders become a thing if the Procedural Animations work out.

• Julia

October 7, 2019 at 1:41 pm
     Hub Points

[quote quote=5242] (with the games design I assume Paras won’t be detailed as sims)[/quote]

I thiiiiink the game Design right now is just place holder, if you check their Twitter and what has been created by CC designers you can see some quite realistic stuff, very nice imho.
    It ain’t going to be thaaat squary cartoonish … (I hope to God!)

About the customization, I think sliders for limbs, torso, head, hands, feet, muscle/fat are sufficient and easy to grasp, no?

• Bodil Bührmann

Humble Hubkin
    October 11, 2019 at 10:18 am
    Friendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

If we get both sliders and drag changes..I would find it obvious that sliders make the big changes, at drags the smaler finesses..
    Besides that, i really would lige at button or something that gave me the not so obvious design possiblities. If I cant be able to make funny or stange looking characters the game would be boring after a while + there would be nothing to whrite stories abouht. The obvious is good, but it is the not so obvious that is interesting.. and give soul to a game of that kind. Alien, trolls, witches, fairys, hunsbags, ugly looking or wrinkled “people”, ect. I am tired of all that good looking “people” stuff…all the time.

• Paralives Hub (JP)

Admin October 12, 2019 at 6:31 am
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

Some new information regarding character design via a quote from Alex: the goal is for them to be detailed and “not really low-poly”.

🙂

• crabwhatalad

Star Hubkin
    December 26, 2019 at 5:18 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond EggFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I personally agree with a bit of this post although according to Alex, it won’t be too low poly.
    Also, for me, I prefer and am more concerned about the amount of click and drag features for the face and body anyway. A triangle would be really cool though if it was pulled of properly!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close