The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Online Jobs for Paras

• Online Jobs for Paras

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    August 24, 2020 at 3:11 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

What type of online jobs would everyone like to see for paras that they can apply to?

I’m thinking they have to sign up with a networking site like linkedn and that way we can go through a list of available jobs based on our paras skill levels,certifications, and degrees. Then it’d have the amount the job pays per hr or maybe it’s just a one time job with a set salary. The job application process could be a bit more in depth meaning multiple paras could be applying for the job so it’s not guaranteed you’d get the jobs always. But there would be a interview though via video chat or phone call maybe. Your para would have to work hrs just like if a para were going to an actual location for their job but hours to clock in and out would obviously vary.

What do you all think?

Some online job ideas I had:

Customer service rep/virtual assistant for different companies where paras where a headset and help people

Travel agent

Apply to become a house sitter

Website designer

Help paras who have businesses
    increase their advertising and traffic and sales,

Online game streamer (play games and stream it online like twitch)

Giving
    advice to other paras like an online advice column

become a ghost writer and write books for others, songs if we get a celeb dlc

Make money from your blog

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  cakeefeatured.
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    August 24, 2020 at 5:10 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Online jobs would be great. I think it would be cool to have a digital artist job. Paras could take commissions and create digital paintings or animations.

• Breedmond

Moderator August 24, 2020 at 9:33 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

Very good idea. Another job related to helping people is online tutor. Parafolk can take online classes and earn a degree or different skills. Physical schools would then not be mandatory, and Parafolk can opt to learn online. Also transcribing audio and proofreading texts.

• MAMTD

High Hubkin
    September 3, 2020 at 7:33 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I think that you want parafolks to be … too real if I can put it like this. Yes it would be really cool to have online jobs (such as applying to be a baby sitter but those little). And I think that could be fun: for jobs you need to pass an interview, do I really want that every time ? I’m not sure. It could be fun sure but it not wolething that I want absolutely in my game.

I love the idea to learn things online or having an online school for the children who don’t want to go or have to work ! That would be amazing 🙂

• NHFoodie

Moderator September 3, 2020 at 7:17 pm
      Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation Badge
       Hub Points

I think a lot of things have informal interviews. So being a babysitter, you might need to meet with the prospective family and have a successful discussion but it’s not a formal office type interview. This would be a place where relationships could come into play as part of the storyline.

Of course there are people who babysit full-time through an agency and they probably did have to have additional credentials such as CPR and first-aid certifications, so I could see it going either way.

• NHFoodie

Moderator September 3, 2020 at 2:51 pm
    Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation Badge
     Hub Points

These are all great ideas! Both the travel agent and house sitter reminded me of a feeling I’ve had that certain things have always felt missing from past life sim experiences and that’s travel and non-familial or romantic relationship. Travel is so integral to many people’s lives, whether it’s for pleasure or having a job that sends you on a lot of business trips, and I’d love to see that be in Paralives, even if it’s not interactive travel at first (i.e. a business trip, perhaps a Para just stays overnight in a rabbit hole but you can’t interact with them until they return the next day). And with house sitting, that’s something that even teens could do! It’s a good way to make money and would be a reason to potentially cultivate relationships with neighbors or parents’ friends, etc.

• amandac

Star Hubkin
      September 3, 2020 at 7:15 pm
      Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
       Hub Points

I especially like the business trip idea. This might conflict with a family member’s birthday/anniversary/important event and the para would have to make a choice: career or family first depending on their personality.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now