The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Ocean Exploration

• Ocean Exploration

• fern

Humble Hubkin
    November 21, 2019 at 9:10 pm
    Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectAppreciation Badge
     Hub Points

I’m not sure if this has already been suggested, but what if parafolks were able to explore certain areas of an ocean like some coral reefs or perhaps some sunken ships? If they’re able to take pictures, they could take pictures of some of the wildlife in the ocean, or perhaps find some interesting artifacts in a shipwreck.

• This discussion was modified 2 years ago by  fern.
  • Shaybs

Noteworthy Newcomer
    November 22, 2019 at 3:42 am
    Appreciation BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Having that would be awesome! I study marine life IRL and I would love to be able to do that in the game as well. Unless a game is programmed around that idea, most games don’t go into that. It would be super cool for ocean exploration and other things similar were to exist in the game!

• fern

Humble Hubkin
    November 22, 2019 at 4:24 pm
    Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectAppreciation Badge
     Hub Points

I think it might be plausible in a game like this if there’s building on multiple levels. Say if you have a basement level to build on, the ocean floor would be on the same exact level as the basements. Going into the ocean could act the same as simply walking down some stairs into a basement. It’d be interesting if players were able to be able to decorate the ocean floor themselves, or even make underground caverns for their parafolks to explore.

• Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    November 25, 2019 at 5:31 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

[quote quote=5794]Going into the ocean could act the same as simply walking down some stairs into a basement.[/quote]
    Yes! Since houseboats are confirmed, I’d love to be able to go into the bottom of the ship and open a hatch that just goes straight into the water, that would be so cool!

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    December 10, 2019 at 7:23 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

Omg this would be awesome! Being able to see under water and have the para snorkel throughout the ocean. They could gain a skill that’s not swimming but maybe sea diving? and it’d allow them to travel further out or find cool stuff.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now