The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Occults / Life States

• Occults / Life States

YoDigit updated 8 months, 3 weeks ago 22 Members · 42 Posts
  • Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    July 16, 2019 at 2:34 am
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

I was wondering if we all want different life states for Paralives.

🍐Base Game🍐

• Human 🙋‍♂️
    • Ghost 👻(Update)
    • Cat 🐱
    • Dog 🐶
    • Horse 🐴

✈️Vacation✈️

• Mummy 👳🏿
    • Bigfoot 🦍
    • Skeleton 💀
    • Dragon 🐉

🛍️Business/Hobby🛍️

• Robot 🤖
    • Cyborg ⚙️
    • Imaginary Friend 👤

Nightlife/Fame

• Vampire 🧛
    • Alien 👽

🐹Pets🐹

• Werewolf 🐺
    • Unicorn 🦄

Weather/Magic

• Fairy 🧚
    • Elf 🧝
    • Plant Creature 🌱
    • Mermaid 🧜‍♀️
    • Superhero 🦸‍♂️
    • Witch 🧙‍♀️
    • Zombie 🧟

🎓College🎓

• Genie 🧞
    • This discussion was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Paralives Hub (JP).
    • This discussion was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Paralives Hub (JP). Reason: Unfortunately this topic became corrupted in the migration and cannot accept further replies
    • This discussion was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Paralives Hub (JP).
    • This discussion was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Paralives Hub (JP).
    9+
  • robospongie

July 16, 2019 at 10:33 pm
     Hub Points

Fairies and witches for sure I’m curious how robots will be handled here if it were to happen 😀

3+
  • Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    July 16, 2019 at 10:41 pm
     Hub Points
    quote RoboSpongie post_id=47 time=1563316420 user_id=81:

Fairies and witches for sure I’m curious how robots will be handled here if it were to happen 😀

Well if robots are here, you can build a male or a female robot.

2+
  • luseda1

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 17, 2019 at 1:28 am
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

If we have robots, I’d kind of like to see cyborgs too, which is something The Sims hasn’t really allowed you to do. I’d love to have visible and invisible augments (only applied to consenting pals, of course) that can improve pals’ lives, as long as the cybernetics stay well-maintained. If the maintenance bar gets too low, the cybernetics start to go haywire and cause chaos. Maybe if it gets too low, they can even die from it

Cyborgs mostly have all the same needs normal pals do, but some augmentations might slow down or even remove certain needs entirely. The more augmentations a single pal has, the more often they’ll need repairs.

Perhaps there are also a limited number of slots. 1 Mental augment, 1 arm augment, 1 leg augment and 1 torso augment. Depending on the augments you pick, the person might look more like a robot than a human by the time you’re done. But you can go with all the augments being on the inside too, so they look just like everyone else. When there is a visible component to the augmentation, you can choose the colors, texture and style of the augment.

I’d love to see an augment that just gives glowing, electronic-looking eyes where you can pick the color.

Now, if we don’t have disabilities and/or missing limbs in this game, I feel the visible augments should look like they go on top of the pal’s flesh and blood limbs, since we probably don’t want to go into dark territory by implying a perfectly healthy, functioning limb was amputated. But if we do have disabled pals, I could see this being a very interesting option for them. Does the disabled pal get themself augmented so they can walk again, or to compensate for a learning disability? It’s up to the player.

It probably ought to be possible for cyborgs to go back to being ordinary pals again, though for some augments I could see that not being immersive.

3+
  • Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    July 17, 2019 at 1:40 am
     Hub Points
    quote Luseda1 post_id=52 time=1563326900 user_id=58:

If we have robots, I’d kind of like to see cyborgs too, which is something The Sims hasn’t really allowed you to do. I’d love to have visible and invisible augments (only applied to consenting pals, of course) that can improve pals’ lives, as long as the cybernetics stay well-maintained. If the maintenance bar gets too low, the cybernetics start to go haywire and cause chaos. Maybe if it gets too low, they can even die from it

Cyborgs mostly have all the same needs normal pals do, but some augmentations might slow down or even remove certain needs entirely. The more augmentations a single pal has, the more often they’ll need repairs.

Perhaps there are also a limited number of slots. 1 Mental augment, 1 arm augment, 1 leg augment and 1 torso augment. Depending on the augments you pick, the person might look more like a robot than a human by the time you’re done. But you can go with all the augments being on the inside too, so they look just like everyone else. When there is a visible component to the augmentation, you can choose the colors, texture and style of the augment.

I’d love to see an augment that just gives glowing, electronic-looking eyes where you can pick the color.

Now, if we don’t have disabilities and/or missing limbs in this game, I feel the visible augments should look like they go on top of the pal’s flesh and blood limbs, since we probably don’t want to go into dark territory by implying a perfectly healthy, functioning limb was amputated. But if we do have disabled pals, I could see this being a very interesting option for them. Does the disabled pal get themself augmented so they can walk again, or to compensate for a learning disability? It’s up to the player.

It probably ought to be possible for cyborgs to go back to being ordinary pals again, though for some augments I could see that not being immersive.

Yeah! Just like Livin’ Large, Open For Business, Ambitions, and Into The Future. Servos are robots, SimBots are robots, and Plumbots are robots as well. You can build any kind of robot you want.

2+
  • httpsusu

July 18, 2019 at 9:07 am
     Hub Points

What about elves that can use a kind of magic which they assorb through the nature? Like if they are at the beach they can use water magic, if they are in the middle of the woods they can use ground magic, etc.

3+
  • Ashes

Admin July 18, 2019 at 9:29 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I like the ideas of more uncommon occult states, but I really wish they wouldn’t all be friendly and fit more the folklore that they originate from. For example, the idea of Kelpies (faeries looking like horses that lure you into petting them to drown you) or Selkies to stay in the same folklore (which are humanoid looking faeries that can turn into seals). Skinwalkers could be interesting to see also, having the possibility to change to different animals through the use of a “costume” made of fur/skin of said animals (normally they should look a bit off, like not fully transformed, but that would be hard to make I guess). As for werewolves, I’d like to see something more along the lines of Underworld or Van Helsing or even fully transform into a big wolf, not just a bit of hair growing on your body and face and a weird jawline. Maybe some Djinns also? I know you posted the genies, but I feel like they are different in nature. And more occult pets also, like the witches being able to get a cat or a bird that would be magical, or hellhounds or some forest animals that for the fairies/druids/elves, some plant-like “monster” for plant creature if they get an humanoid form (as a friend or an helper maybe for some tasks maybe) and maybe some sort of kraken that siren/mermaids could summon to attack (and possibly kill) other people.
    It would also be nice if there could be a talent tree maybe for the occults? To have some variety in the same occult state. Or at least, them having a bigger impact through their powers.

3+
  • atheistcanuck

July 18, 2019 at 10:32 pm
     Hub Points

Werewolves that turn into actual wolves please!

Also I like @Luseda1‘s idea of cyborgs! Adds a whole new way to customize your character!

1+
  • altaa-ira

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 19, 2019 at 2:52 am
    Trendsetter Badge
     Hub Points
    quote Ashalyn post_id=80 time=1563442141 user_id=131:

I like the ideas of more uncommon occult states, but I really wish they wouldn’t all be friendly and fit more the folklore that they originate from. For example, the idea of Kelpies (faeries looking like horses that lure you into petting them to drown you) or Selkies to stay in the same folklore (which are humanoid looking faeries that can turn into seals). Skinwalkers could be interesting to see also, having the possibility to change to different animals through the use of a “costume” made of fur/skin of said animals (normally they should look a bit off, like not fully transformed, but that would be hard to make I guess). As for werewolves, I’d like to see something more along the lines of Underworld or Van Helsing or even fully transform into a big wolf, not just a bit of hair growing on your body and face and a weird jawline. Maybe some Djinns also? I know you posted the genies, but I feel like they are different in nature. And more occult pets also, like the witches being able to get a cat or a bird that would be magical, or hellhounds or some forest animals that for the fairies/druids/elves, some plant-like “monster” for plant creature if they get an humanoid form (as a friend or an helper maybe for some tasks maybe) and maybe some sort of kraken that siren/mermaids could summon to attack (and possibly kill) other people.
    It would also be nice if there could be a talent tree maybe for the occults? To have some variety in the same occult state. Or at least, them having a bigger impact through their powers.

Good points! Lesser-known occults are more than welcomed!

When discussing in Discord channel, I suggested a create-a-occult feature (as a dlc because it would need a lot of coding). It would make possible to create the any kind of occult and would be easily customable by the modders. It would give the player the freedom to choose
    • the life span
    • the abilities (a looot of different choises, not just what we’ve already had in the Sims)
    • the skills
    • the weaknesses
    • the different body shapes including anthropomorphic body parts – fauns? Centaurs? Gorgos? Harpy?
    • can a mortal transform/become? How? By a curse? Shapeshifting? Becoming undead? Or is it just genetic and its own separated life stage such as djinns and selkies mentioned earlier?
    • etc. (I’ll update this post if you see potential in this system)

I have a huge text file collected from the different lores around the world. When researching and collecting it, I found out having just a certain amount of default occults would exclude a lot various lore versions. For example, vampires in the Philippines, yookais (demons) in Japan and Finnish, Baltic and Scandinavian “gnomes” and “elves” may differ a lot compared with their European counteparts.

If it’s not the considereable idea, would it be possible to give modders easy tools to create their own custom life stages instead?

1+
  • Sawdust

Parafolk
    July 21, 2019 at 9:36 am
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeDiamond EggFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I was wondering if we should come at this another way. Instead of thinking about what type of occult creature we want, maybe we should think in terms of attributes, goals, interactivity etc. as many occults share various attributes even though they look and behave different. For example Kelpies were mentioned earlier as creatures who lure their victims, a trait shared with sirens. Mummies and Zombies behave very similar but dress one in rags and a few rended flesh tatoos you have a Zombie while dress them in bandages and you have a Mummy. Take a Fairy and remove it’s wings and you have an Elf, both deal in magic and are generally connected to the land.

I’m basically just throwing this out there to see if it’s even possible but all creatures of legend tend to have their origins from similar ground. Eg. you have your creatures of death like vampires, zombies, mummies all seeking to turn their victims into the same thing they are. Then you have spirit creatures like ghosts, demons, poltergeists who seek to haunt.

With some clever thinking we might be able to come up with a list of attributes and actions that cover a wider range of occult types that can be honed into specific creatures through character and dress/appendage choices. 🙂

2+
  • Ashes

Admin July 21, 2019 at 9:42 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points
    quote sawdust post_id=181 time=1563701794 user_id=153:

I was wondering if we should come at this another way. Instead of thinking about what type of occult creature we want, maybe we should think in terms of attributes, goals, interactivity etc. as many occults share various attributes even though they look and behave different. For example Kelpies were mentioned earlier as creatures who lure their victims, a trait shared with sirens. Mummies and Zombies behave very similar but dress one in rags and a few rended flesh tatoos you have a Zombie while dress them in bandages and you have a Mummy. Take a Fairy and remove it’s wings and you have an Elf, both deal in magic and are generally connected to the land.

I’m basically just throwing this out there to see if it’s even possible but all creatures of legend tend to have their origins from similar ground. Eg. you have your creatures of death like vampires, zombies, mummies all seeking to turn their victims into the same thing they are. Then you have spirit creatures like ghosts, demons, poltergeists who seek to haunt.

With some clever thinking we might be able to come up with a list of attributes and actions that cover a wider range of occult types that can be honed into specific creatures through character and dress/appendage choices. 🙂

I think some people mentioned something like that on discord (Kind of a “create-an-occult”) and it could be nice but we’d also need some visual and special animations for them though, as obviously fairy (in what people envisioned when mentioning that term and not as a race) have wings when elves don’t 🙂

1+
  • Sawdust

Parafolk
    July 21, 2019 at 4:00 pm
     Hub Points

Wings are can be just like an accessory much like jewelery or horns. No animation necessary.

1+
  • altaa-ira

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 22, 2019 at 11:31 am
    Trendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Yes, create-a-occult was mentioned in Discord but was quickly shot down because of people’s fear of ending up no-so-fleshed-out occults. Personally, I find a lot of potential in it however if done correctly by the way mentioned above. It would remove a need for hybrid settings when the player would simply mix and match instead of hybriding and getting that one needed interaction from the other occult stage.

sawdust: it would be considerable. How about to have static but transformable accessory wings with opened and closed versions: opened for flying and closed for the other occassions?

1+
  • Sawdust

Parafolk
    July 22, 2019 at 12:41 pm
     Hub Points
    quote altaa.ira post_id=215 time=1563795062 user_id=152:

Yes, create-a-occult was mentioned in Discord but was quickly shot down because of people’s fear of ending up no-so-fleshed-out occults. Personally, I find a lot of potential in it however if done correctly by the way mentioned above. It would remove a need for hybrid settings when the player would simply mix and match instead of hybriding and getting that one needed interaction from the other occult stage.

sawdust: it would be considerable. How about to have static but transformable accessory wings with opened and closed versions: opened for flying and closed for the other occassions?

Honestly I don’t see the need. If you consider wings in nature the most common type utilised for fairy type creatures would be butterfly wings. When they are static their wings, if we stood them upright, would hardly be seen as they would stick straight out from their back. It’s not till they open them that we would notice. (if you imagine the butterfly as a bipedal creature)

I can relate to those who would be concerned about occults being left somewhat vapid. It isn’t something I thought of until I started reading this thread and honestly, I’m not sure if it could work at all, let alone work well but it is something I think would be a worthwhile effort to explore the possibilities. I personally would not want it to be part of base game play mainly because if it was to be done, it would be quite a bit of work and I think worthy of being it’s own DLC.

I’m not a big fan of many traditional occult types. Vampires, zombies, werewolves don’t turn me on and based on another game, ghosts, “robots” and aliens have left me cold. Yet I do like some of the attributes those creatures have and the thought of being able to create my own fantasy world (my personal favourite genre) within a life simulation game does have appeal to me.

At the end of the day the idea may well prove too ambitious or maybe, to truly be done well, it needs to be a game in it’s own right. Who knows, when the creator of Paralives has made his first billion from this game maybe he will consider making “Paraoccults” 😉

2+
  • altaa-ira

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 22, 2019 at 1:45 pm
    Trendsetter Badge
     Hub Points
    quote sawdust post_id=217 time=1563799265 user_id=153:

quote altaa.ira post_id=215 time=1563795062 user_id=152:

Honestly I don’t see the need. If you consider wings in nature the most common type utilised for fairy type creatures would be butterfly wings. When they are static their wings, if we stood them upright, would hardly be seen as they would stick straight out from their back. It’s not till they open them that we would notice. (if you imagine the butterfly as a bipedal creature)

I can relate to those who would be concerned about occults being left somewhat vapid. It isn’t something I thought of until I started reading this thread and honestly, I’m not sure if it could work at all, let alone work well but it is something I think would be a worthwhile effort to explore the possibilities. I personally would not want it to be part of base game play mainly because if it was to be done, it would be quite a bit of work and I think worthy of being it’s own DLC.

I’m not a big fan of many traditional occult types. Vampires, zombies, werewolves don’t turn me on and based on another game, ghosts, “robots” and aliens have left me cold. Yet I do like some of the attributes those creatures have and the thought of being able to create my own fantasy world (my personal favourite genre) within a life simulation game does have appeal to me.

At the end of the day the idea may well prove too ambitious or maybe, to truly be done well, it needs to be a game in it’s own right. Who knows, when the creator of Paralives has made his first billion from this game maybe he will consider making “Paraoccults” 😉

So there wouldn’t be need for the closed wings when para sleeps/rests? And how about the paras with the bird wings? As you may notice, I’m trying to think of the other theoretical occult scenarios also.

Yes, this shouldn’t be a part of base game and will not most likely be when it comes to Alex’s posts. It’s too demanding to expect one-dev team to create it alongside all those already-confirmed features. In fact, I’d gladly pay extra for this kind of DLC just because of my will to give my full support.

I really hope the others could see the tool as the possibility to consider and examine than the threat. It would be a fresh, unique aspect to the occults in the life simulation game genre and as you said, would offer the players endless possibilites to create both traditional from various lores around the world and unique creatures they can imagine.

Ah, please join the club! Fantasy custom worlds are my favourite worlds in the Sims 3 although difficult to create by myself.

1+
  • evagonbla

July 22, 2019 at 2:21 pm
     Hub Points

I like supernaturals, and as I see it, the most common all around the world should be included, with some type of tool that could allow them to take the different aspects they take in different cultures. I would like to have them through genetics, but that’s just my personal taste, I’d love to have hybrids. Finally, I would like to have a new categorie for creating a character that allows you to add wings (butterfly, dragonfly, bat, feather), fangs, claws, tails (lizard, fish-no shoes, snake-no shoes, lion, horse, cat, dragon), halos, gills, scales, horns, etc, so we could highly customize a character even if we don’t have that type of creature in game. (Angels and demons could be easily added via this tool+character traits).

1+
  • Sawdust

Parafolk
    July 22, 2019 at 9:31 pm
     Hub Points
    quote altaa.ira post_id=218 time=1563803118 user_id=152:

So there wouldn’t be need for the closed wings when para sleeps/rests? And how about the paras with the bird wings? As you may notice, I’m trying to think of the other theoretical occult scenarios also.

Usually creatures with bird wings have them as extensions of their arms (ie harpies) but it does point out the difficulty of trying to cover too many bases. Within the context of a game like Paralives players would have to settle for limitations which, is not always a bad thing as that in itself can spur on creativity. 🙂

1+
  • altaa-ira

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 23, 2019 at 8:46 am
    Trendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

evagonbla: Sounds good. It would make the creation easier if there were the separated categories/classes/filters for the supernatural accessories you mentioned. It was painful to search for the CC horns and wings categorised as earrings and necklaces in the Sims 3 especially when having a bunch of pretty CC jewellery, too – says the chronic CC holic.

sawdust: Oh stupid me, you’re right (and I just mentioned harpies in my first post :oops:). I had only the occults like imps, angels and demons on my mind at that moment.

1+
  • Sawdust

Parafolk
    July 23, 2019 at 11:44 pm
     Hub Points

I like your idea of a separate category @evagonbla for occult accessories. Maybe as a starter that would be enough to whet the appetite and the game play could be added later. 💡

Your not stupid @altaa.ira, you sound like a lot of us here who are just very excited about this game. 🙂

I haven’t been this excited since Bethesda announced last year that Elder Scrolls 6 is finally in pre-production stage. Prior to that it’s been very dry as far as getting excited over a game. Too many games seem to be getting “dumbed down to the lowest denomination” recently. Either that or I’m just getting too old. 😉

• Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    July 24, 2019 at 12:45 am
     Hub Points

Everybody! I have update this since the base game already have cats, dogs, and horses.

1+
  • swordtrix

July 24, 2019 at 4:44 am
     Hub Points

Honestly I don’t want any of these in Paralives, other than the real life ones. Not even ghosts. It’s not the sims which is quirky, weird, and can get away with silly things that don’t entirely make sense in real life, but I don’t think I want that kind of approach with Paralives. I don’t think it would suit the kind of mood the game has shown us so far, but who knows. There’s very little shown yet and much more to see. 🙂

2+
  • rose-black-vampire

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 24, 2019 at 5:39 pm
    Trendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I take this from the “UPDATED: Environment Shapes The Character’s Personality As They Grow” topic because someone mentioned that he don’t like to add vampires and ghosts. I have write there my opinion and my wish about this, but i think is better to transfer it here too, because this topic have to do with all this. so this is my answer :
    I really like this and i agree ! The only thing that i disagree is “Please don’t add vampires, ghosts, etc..” and i want to ask why ? We have in real life people who are paranormal investigators or ghost haunters and i think its nice to have them in our game, and vampires as well. When i say vampires i don’t mean like the Nosferatu,or immortals with superpowers etc ! But I really want to have vampires, and if you don’t take me wrong, i can explain to you why i want them and how i want them. I don’t know how much you really know about people who claim that are vampires ( no from movies, life style, role-play etc ). I am one of those people and my kids too, we need ( really need ) to have balance in our energy to stay healthy. We can stay healthy only if we take energy from other sources. We have many types e.g. elemental vampires, Tantric vampires , Psy or Sanguines etc. I am a Sanguine/Psy, what that means ? I take energy from blood and lifeforce (Energy/Aura) of others to stay healthy. How and from who ? From donors ( normally good friends that they know and they offer it ) How, it is something that i don’t know if i can say it here, but it is not harmful or dangerous for my donors or for me. It is not like the sims. We don’t bite, we don’t turn into bats or fog, we don’t sleep in coffins and we can’t turn other people into vampires. You’ve born like this, you can’t become one. So if i can have a normal character to my game who have some different needs to stay healthy and if not feed he/she will be ill then i will be happy. I can speak more for how a vampire can become ill and how can stay healthy in other topic because i think here is off topic. But for sure we need ghosts and vampires because we have in real life people who are like this or who believe and searching or working for ghosts and vampires. Now because here is the correct topic, i want to add that we have some weakness some of us have really problem with the garlic ( but its not for all of us, some people love garlic ) for me is something to make me really to pass out. Another weaknes is the sunlight for our eyes the most of us we have lightsensitive, skin problems from the sun ( really skin problems and more fast from normal people ) if we don’t get fed for long time, then we become sick, how ? we can’t do nothing, no energy to get up to walk to do anything, orientation problem, headaches, muscle pain and many more. what is the good side, some energy / psy vampires can “read” others, or feel things that others can’t feel ( again not everyone can do that ) what is the physical differensess from other people, nothing, we are like everyone else, the only thing is that when we starving we become more pale, and our eyes change color but not something extreme different from our normal color, as for our fangs, they are a little bit sharper but not biger from normal, and they don’t change the size. I hope that this is helpful to the developers of the game to create more realistic vampires, of course many use contact lenses and fangs because they want to express themselfs but its not really that we have big fangs and glowing or unnatural color eyes.

1+
  • Sawdust

Parafolk
    July 24, 2019 at 11:43 pm
     Hub Points
    quote swordtrix post_id=266 time=1563943458 user_id=271:

Honestly I don’t want any of these in Paralives, other than the real life ones. Not even ghosts. It’s not the sims which is quirky, weird, and can get away with silly things that don’t entirely make sense in real life, but I don’t think I want that kind of approach with Paralives. I don’t think it would suit the kind of mood the game has shown us so far, but who knows. There’s very little shown yet and much more to see. 🙂

I can understand that and while there are certain occults I want in my game, there are some I do not want. This is why I think there should definitely be an on/off switch for whatever is introduced outside the normal Pal.

2+
  • murfee01

July 25, 2019 at 9:13 am
     Hub Points
    quote swordtrix post_id=266 time=1563943458 user_id=271:

You just brought up something I was wondering about:
    What is the overall theme of Paralives? Cuz when I first heard the name, I immediately thought Paranormal. My brain went IMMEDIATELY to occult lifestates. And yeah, we haven’t seen any of that so far — not even a conversation about how DEATH is treated in this game.

In the Sims, I’ve always been dead set (no pun intended) against the argument that occults and fantasy were out of place, because since its inception The Sims has had the Grim Reaper and Ghosts as actual entities in the sims universe. A Sim dies, Grimmy reaps its soul in spectacular fashion, and the ghost can come back and mess around with everyone, and even rejoin the family or return to life or have ghost babies or whatever. That immediately invalidated every counterpoint about realism, because the Sims was always quirky and silly at its core, and sims are really a bunch of crazy people — they’re not realistic at all. 😆

So yes, what IS the tone of Paralives? Is it 100% realistic? What happens when ParaFolk and their pets die? Are there funerals? Do they mourn? Can they perhaps try to intervene, and connect with the dearly departed (seances with ghosts and witches/psychics, voodoo with zombies and priestesses)? Is there any kind of religion? (In The Sims Medieval you get the Watcher — aka us players — worshiped by sims.) Is there any element of mysticism at all, where PFolk can stay attached to this mortal coil, and return from the grave? Are there graves? Is there any control over the paranormal forces of life and death?

So yeah, I was thinking about all of this, and I don’t mind at all if they keep supernaturals to their own expansion/DLC/etc. The Sims 3 let us turn on/off occults, but there were plenty of other things you couldn’t turn off, like the ghosts and aliens. So, as long as the on/off option is there. Cuz I live eat and breathe fantasy, and I’d be super bummed if there are no supernaturals ever added in ParaLives.

I do hope there’s religions though, or cultures added that acknowledge belief in the paranormal/supernatural, even if in the Paralives universe such things don’t actually exist.

1+
  • altaa-ira

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 25, 2019 at 6:34 pm
    Trendsetter Badge
     Hub Points
    quote murfee01 post_id=290 time=1564045987 user_id=314:

I do hope there’s religions though, or cultures added that acknowledge belief in the paranormal/supernatural, even if in the Paralives universe such things don’t actually exist.

Sorry Murf, it’s confirmed there will be not the religions. The source: https://www.paralives.com/faq

I’m crossing my fingers for the diverse cultural stuff, at least.

1+
  • Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    July 31, 2019 at 1:07 am
     Hub Points
    quote altaa.ira post_id=298 time=1564079641 user_id=152:

quote murfee01 post_id=290 time=1564045987 user_id=314:

Sorry Murf, it’s confirmed there will be not the religions. The source: https://www.paralives.com/faq

I’m crossing my fingers for the diverse cultural stuff, at least.

You right!

1+
  • Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    August 4, 2019 at 6:27 pm
     Hub Points

Alex confirmed that ghosts will be here with an update after the initial release

1+
  • Sawdust

Parafolk
    August 6, 2019 at 3:09 am
     Hub Points

But will we be able to turn them off if we don’t want them. To me, having that capability is more important than the type of occult we have in the game.?

• Ashes

Admin August 6, 2019 at 9:38 pm
     Hub Points

I assume that occults would be optional, given Alex knows that not everyone want them and he doesn’t seem like the kind that want to force things onto others. I could be wrong, but I am fairly sure he would add options for it.

1+
  • Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    August 9, 2019 at 11:10 pm
     Hub Points
    quote Ashalyn post_id=436 time=1565127489 user_id=131:

I assume that occults would be optional, given Alex knows that not everyone want them and he doesn’t seem like the kind that want to force things onto others. I could be wrong, but I am fairly sure he would add options for it.

Right

• rbolton

Noteworthy Newcomer
    August 14, 2019 at 12:24 pm
    Trendsetter Badge
     Hub Points
    quote sawdust post_id=422 time=1565060976 user_id=153:

But will we be able to turn them off if we don’t want them. To me, having that capability is more important than the type of occult we have in the game.?

No, instead of it being a toggle it should something like going to the science lab to trap ghosts in their grave, and inversely a choice to allow them to join your household.

• Sawdust

Parafolk
    August 15, 2019 at 10:41 pm
     Hub Points
    quote RBolton post_id=577 time=1565785446 user_id=416:

quote sawdust post_id=422 time=1565060976 user_id=153:

No, instead of it being a toggle it should something like going to the science lab to trap ghosts in their grave, and inversely a choice to allow them to join your household.

That would be good for game play, maybe part of a Paranormal Investigator occupation, but if you don’t won’t ghosts in your game then being forced to have them is a tad unfair in my opinion if they can indeed be a toggle on and off. It’s different if the toggle is too hard to implement but otherwise I see no reason why those who do not want occult should be forced to have them. 🙂

1+
  • Jeremia Lecato

Humble Hubkin
    August 19, 2019 at 2:06 am
     Hub Points

Ghost will be here sooner after the release of Paralives

• gayars

August 20, 2019 at 8:58 pm
     Hub Points

I want occults done, but I would rather a select few be done really well, and other than a few npc parafolk, that could be toggled on or off as they would need to be optional for those who don’t want them. I want fairly realistic vampires (perhaps ones that can feed without killing, and then also have the option to turn as well) well done witches, and werewolves which can actually become a wolf would be nice. Elves and fairies would be good (elves could have magical abilities with say plants, or metals or something and fairies could fly as well).

1+
  • justarandomgamer300

Pro Hubkin
    August 23, 2019 at 7:07 pm
    Appreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

What about werewolves?

• nadja55

August 24, 2019 at 7:27 am
     Hub Points

I´m not a very good fan of occults myself. Although I think that since many people like it so much, it should be in the game, and that you could choose which ones would like to have in your own game, like a turn on/off button. I myself really liked the witches in the sims2. To be a good or bad witch and make a lot of magic around the world.

2+
  • jojo

August 31, 2019 at 6:50 pm
     Hub Points

I’d be for all of those… except zombie, lol … they’re annoying in the sims franchise, in 3 namely… unless it was tied to some game mechanic and not every full moon, lol… like the sims 2 where if you cheated death, when calling them on death’s phone, giving them a small amount of cash would give you a high chance of bringing a sim back as a zombie sim…

• snek

September 5, 2019 at 4:17 am
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I hope sharks get represented in this game somehow

An idea of a supernatural creature, as taken from Myths and stories of a similar creature type, A humanoid shark would be an interesting occult to see. That is, a humanoid para with the head of a shark.

If anyone who reads this would like more information, here’s a link to the post i made on this subject: https://paraliveshub.com/forum/topic/shark-headed-occult-para/

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  snek.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  snek.
  • Unesty

Seasoned Hubkin
    January 11, 2020 at 11:47 am
    Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I don’t know if these are said but I’d like to add my opinions.

I think ghosts should come with base game. Ghosts are necessary for premade parafolks’ family history, if there will be family trees of course. I hope there will be family trees.

One more occult lifestate should be in the base game also, to add a little mystery maybe a premade story to solve or to never solve and let the players make their own stories with it.

I love playing with occults but I also like to play with only humans so I think it is very important to let the player choose, in game, if they want to play with occults or not.

• gamedomino

Star Hubkin
    January 12, 2020 at 8:41 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I have seen this thread for awhile now and I wanted to add in my 2 cents, here is a thread I made awhile ago talking about two occults in detail, I hope you guys enjoy the idea.

https://paraliveshub.com/forum/topic/fleshed-out-sci-fi-occults-megathread/

• Dizzardy

High Hubkin
    February 4, 2020 at 5:13 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I have many ideas for occults but for now I’ll start with something straight forward…

How about a Phoenix? Basically you could have a pet bird and whenever they pass on there’s a very small chance they get reborn as a Phoenix.

In terms of features this would bring, I bet if they didn’t have a good relationship with a Para they could set them on fire. Maybe they could also grant life extending boons to Paras that they like?

I suppose you could also have the Para become a “Phoenix Person” if they died from a fire that a Phoenix started. That could be interesting.

I’m not sure if birds are going to be in the base game though. (I mean they seem like a standard sort of pet)

Obviously I love the idea of having occults like ghosts, vampires, werewolves, unicorns etc….but I think it’s a good idea to have some occults that differentiate Paralives from the Sims.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  Dizzardy.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  Dizzardy.
  • YoDigit

Noteworthy Newcomer
    February 8, 2020 at 7:48 pm
    Picture PerfectFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I would freaking love to have a cyborg family! ??

1+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close