The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas NPC Free Will

• NPC Free Will

Erin updated 4 months, 2 weeks ago 7 Members · 8 Posts
  • Just.A.Finch

Rising Hubkin
    May 30, 2020 at 5:55 pm
    Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I think it’d be amazing of in Paralives, NPCs could have an impact on the game and on my para by taking actions. Maybe this could be an optional thing that you can turn off in a game, but I’d like NPCs to be able to do things like throw parties, ask my para out, propose marriage, ask to be roommates, ask to come over, initiate conversations, send nice/flirty/mean texts, etc… Life isn’t just you going out and deciding who you want to interact with, it’s a two way street. It’d be cool if Paralives reflected this in some ways instead of everything that happens to a player para having to be set in motion by the player.

What do you guys think? If you like the idea, what other kinds of NPC initiative taking might be cool?

24+
  • MAMTD

Helpful Hubkin
    May 30, 2020 at 7:22 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I love the idea ! It would be great to have them moving out or getting pregnant, maybe cheating on their partner or something. Just to make a little bit more drama in our para lives !

8+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    May 31, 2020 at 1:49 am
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Sounds great. Alex says he wants NPCs to live their own lives, and I think allowing them to initiate actions toward played Parafolk would be really cool.

8+
  • amandac

Star Hubkin
    May 31, 2020 at 9:09 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

It would also be nice to have rumor/gossip in the game. In TS3, I had a couple whose son had a very nice girlfriend that the family liked. One day he showed up with another girl (just a friend) and the father caught them kissing. He was so angry he slapped him silly. A few days later, it was the guys birthday, so the girlfriend was invited to the party. As soon as she got there, the parents went to her and told her about the other girl (the other girl’s face was in their thought bubble). She went straight up to the guy and slapped him silly as well. The relationship bar went down but he was able to win her over again and eventually got married. He never did that again.

11+
    • Just.A.Finch

Rising Hubkin
      May 31, 2020 at 1:56 pm
      Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
       Hub Points

That’s really awesome! Yeah, it’s be great if that kinda thing can happen in Paralives.

2+
  • reilly

Pro Hubkin
    May 31, 2020 at 11:03 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeDiamond EggFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

yes! i love the idea how npcs asking my para out or proposing.

2+
  • clumsyzee

Humble Hubkin
    June 1, 2020 at 12:33 pm
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I would love to see this happen. In Sims 4 the NPCs never do anything and all they do is grow old. I would love to see parafolk progress in the game even without your parafolk being involved.

4+
  • Erin

Paraling
    June 9, 2020 at 4:51 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I like to play with multiple households in The Sims 4 and it is frustrating that the other households don’t have any story progression on their own. I wish I could jump into a household and the people wouldn’t be just blank slates with no skills. Instead, there would be some “proof” they have lives without the gamer doing anything with them. Hopefully Paralives will be more what I’m looking for with NPC story progression.

3+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close