The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas More groceries and food storages

• More groceries and food storages

Rosie updated 5 months, 4 weeks ago 6 Members · 7 Posts
  • Amazing_Star

Pro Hubkin
    April 26, 2020 at 3:16 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

In my first topic about cooking and food I mentioned that it would be nice to have bigger variety of groceries that you buy in grocery shop. I will now reference to The Sims 3 – In The Sims 3 you can buy different types of groceries, specific fruits, vegetables and meat (if I’m not mistaken), eggs and cheese. In Paralives I would like to see bigger variety – except those I mentioned, it would be nice to have pasta, milk, rice, butter, flour, oil, vinegar, sugar, legumes, fish, canned food, spices, special kinds of food (from different cuisines), yoghurts, pastry, jams etc

This variety could be used for better recipes. Some groceries could be eaten without making dish from them (e.g. yoghurts, canned food, pastry with something)

With this come different types of food storage. Except of fridge, it would be nice to have pantry for things like oils, pasta, sugar etc. Pantry could be either in form of cabinet or room – in room, groceries would be visible. Spices could be in cabinet or on counter or wall.

Bigger variety of food offers more than just complicated recipes – if groceries shops are visible, it gives something new to whole grocery shopping gameplay. Another interesting thing would be list of groceries – you could write on it groceries you need to buy. If you have kids, they would be able to write there something or parents would be able to send them with list into shop

• This discussion was modified 6 months ago by  Amazing_Star.
    • This discussion was modified 6 months ago by  Amazing_Star.
    10+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    April 26, 2020 at 4:16 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

That would be cool. If we get something like this, I hope that when we have to cook a meal, there could be a list of the needed ingredients to make the meal, so we’ll know what we need to buy from the store beforehand.

5+
  • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    April 26, 2020 at 8:46 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I like this idea especially paras being able to eat food as is without it being as ‘dish’ and having more storage for food. Maybe that could also curb their hunger for a bit too.
    I hope we can also buy herb and spices individually as well!

3+
  • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    April 27, 2020 at 3:55 am
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I don’t think I could get behind a grocery list unless it was very simplified. If I have to individually source more than four ingredients for a single meal, every meal, I would get very frustrated with that drain on my time. My solution to this is the option to buy groceries in packages that support certain recipes, with enough for a few meals so I don’t tire of the endless shopping. Choosing individual ingredients would still be an option. While I’m here I had an idea for enthusiasts: maybe there could be farmer’s markets weekly where the ingredients are better quality and give better emotional benefits. Ingredient availablility at the market would be subject to change from week to week.

8+
  • Bodil Bührmann

Humble Hubkin
    April 28, 2020 at 7:51 am
    Friendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

That farmers market is a great idear @sweetchilli..and I would prefere that it was øko or biodynamic . An If my para have the trouple getting and living on these groseries…he or she maby would stay healthier and not get sick so often..

4+
  • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    April 28, 2020 at 10:57 pm
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=8475]That farmers market is a great idear @sweetchilli..and I would prefere that it was øko or biodynamic . An If my para have the trouple getting and living on these groseries…he or she maby would stay healthier and not get sick so often..

[/quote]

@anbodil thanks! And that’s an interesting idea. I think I’d be a bit disappointed if my lazy parafolk kept getting sick because they weren’t going to the farmer’s market, but if I could buy foods there that help them recover from sickness I’d support that. Makes me wonder what illness in the game will be like, but that’s a whole topic in itself.

• Rosie

Helpful Hubkin
    April 30, 2020 at 5:39 am
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation Badge
     Hub Points

I really like this idea — You could incorporate it with having your own garden, etc.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close